Pumping Up

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
killdee7

Pumping Up

Postby killdee7 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:58 am

I had my implant, AMS 700 LGX June 1st, but due to lots of swelling and bruising the Doctor waited till Aug 1st to activate. The pump took a few days to get use too it seemed to be fused to my right testicle, but that has seemed to break away and it is more comfortable. When I pump I get about four pumps and the bulb gets hard, then on the next pump the bulb gets soft and easy to pump like it is bypassing or something, and the erection does not get any larger. I have only tried to pump up maybe eight times since the first of Aug.
Does this sound normal, or more like something might be malfunctioning with the pump.
When I was a boy I was told that anybody could become President; I now believe it.

ariadne

Re: Pumping Up

Postby ariadne » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:52 am

Killdee, I have the same implant. Yes, the bulb works differently at times: two good pumps and inflation is well on its way. Other times, yes, the bulb seems not to respond as before. Sometimes, its takes only two or three pumps for full inflation. Other times more pumps are required. I don't think this a cause for worry. Make sure you are not pressing the release valve while trying to inflate. I believe that you will be ok.

bluis6214

Postby bluis6214 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:16 pm

Killdee,
I wouldn't worry, the same thing happens to me. I think that you just need to make sure the first pump is quick and then the bulb has a chance to refill then squeeze again. I try to grasp the shaft of my penis and I can feel it get stiffer each pump until it will not squeeze anymore. Sometimes if I wait a few seconds I can get a couple more squeezes. I think if it were leaking or bypassing I would notice it get softer, but it stays just as stiff. I hope this helps. ;)
55 years old. ED since 2002 total venous leakage after penile fracture. Tried all the pills and injections all failed to help. Some success with VED, but felt too unnatural to both of us, seldom used. Implanted 06/21/12. Trying to wear IT out.

aa2120

Postby aa2120 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:39 pm

I have had the same experience. I asked my implant surgeon and he had asked AMS about it, but never got an adequate explanation. I can try again in a few seconds an the bulb will be hard again. After about 10 months with my CX, I can say I am very happy with.
72 years young. RALP on 10/2009. Some ED before surgery. Complete ED after. Pills and injections don't work. Pump works, but hate it. Diagnosed with venous leak. Don't like giving up things of my youth so going for implant.

killdee7

Postby killdee7 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:36 am

Thanks for all the replies, I was starting to worry that something was not right and having visions of them having to do another surgery to correct the problem. The last couple of times have been better and acted more like I felt it should. I have lost some length and girth but as I understand that will get better over time. The one other thing that I have noticed is a small amount of what seems to be auto inflation and I find I have to press the release button a couple of time during the day to relieve the pressure.
When I was a boy I was told that anybody could become President; I now believe it.

rsmith4259

Postby rsmith4259 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:59 am

Scheduled to have the implant on 8/4/12......worried about the pain.....right after surgery and once I start the pumping process. Also, I will be in the hospital overnight. When I come home, hopefully without the catheter.....will I be able to care for myself. I will be going to my sister's who is a RN about 2 days later.

Did anyone experience any kind of infection?

I have already had a DaVinci prostectomy and actually had very little pain, the doctor said that I would have more pain than I had with the prostectomy.

I guess needing words of encouragement.

jerrywayne

Postby jerrywayne » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:54 pm

yes u will have pain for about 2 weeks ,but with Ibeprofen it will be comfortable , I came home with out the cather wich was good because had cather in me for 8days with robotic surgery that liked to have drove me crazy. it will take a little time but you wi;ll be hasppy with that new hard dick .beeen 9weeks for me and I pump up everyday been pumping sinse three weeks still a little sore but very little jackoff all the time, walk around with it pumped after wife goes to work lol it nice to have an erection ,went for 7months didn't get a hard on after surgery but buddy I do now .I also have ed for 20yrs somtime it would work but couldn't keep it up it stays up as long as I want now. good luck and be paticent.

newly1

Postby newly1 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:24 pm

everytime i get to chatroom it says you just left. which AMS model do you have, what is your erect length now

buckshot

Postby buckshot » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:16 pm

I am only into my 2nd.day of inflating/deflating and I'm finding it very difficulat to find the right spots on the pump to get it done...is this normal or will it become really easy after a bit of practice? ;)

Bionic_by_AMS

Postby Bionic_by_AMS » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:48 pm

buckshot wrote:I am only into my 2nd.day of inflating/deflating and I'm finding it very difficulat to find the right spots on the pump to get it done...is this normal or will it become really easy after a bit of practice? ;)

The pump ball itself should be easy enough to find ... once located grip slightly behind the ball with one hand and squeeze the pump ball with the other. Yes for a while the pump is hard to squeeze ... some guys find it easier to use the two-handed method. http://www.franktalk.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=932

Even if you only get slight squeezes on the pump ball ... keep at it ... it does get easier with time. For me the deflate button was harder to locate, and was slightly painful to hold in the recommended four seconds. Now at 13 weeks it has become second nature ... practice ... practice ...
Robotic Prostrate surgery - Dec. 2011 - AMS 700 LGX Implant - 21 cm/3 cm RTE - June 2012

Return to “Implants”