How Long Will it Take To Fully Heal?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Cigar56

How Long Will it Take To Fully Heal?

Postby Cigar56 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:11 pm

I am semi-retired and deliver groceries from Walmart as a part-time hustle. Sometimes I have to carry a large water melon to someone's front door, or a 50-pound bag of dog food, or a heavy case of water. Also, obviously, I'd be driving and getting in and out of the car throughout the day. I'm about to set my surgery date, but need to know long I should plan to take off from the side gig. I'm thinking 6-8 weeks? Appreciate any advice. Thanks.
I've tried everything -- pills, injections pumps -- and now I am at the final frontier.

Masonjames

Re: How Long Will it Take To Fully Heal?

Postby Masonjames » Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:44 pm

I'd say you are right about the time. I was told that the recovery should be treated the same as a Hernia surgery. As long as you don't have any complications the 6 to 8 weeks should be fine. I'd still use caution as far as lifting goes.
Congratulations on your upcoming surgery. I wish you all the best of luck
70 year old, Married 53 years with two adult children.
Tried pills, herbs, and Trimix. Implanted by Dr. Hakky , in Atlanta, on the 1st, of September. Titan XL 24cm's with two 1.5cm"s RTE"s

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:49 pm

I would consider investing in one of those folding carts. Essentially a hand truck or dolly like used for refrigerators and large boxes, but smaller with the lip folding up and the handle collapsing.

Like this one
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Power-By-GoGre ... lsrc=aw.ds

Practice good body mechanics. A visit for advice from physical therapist might be a good investment for learning or refreshing your knowledge of how best to lift things. I don't know if you know all the tricks to minimize damage to your back, limbs or core muscles, but there are MANY.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Agfa13

Postby Agfa13 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:08 pm

The Dr. and the accompanying instructions should limit you to 10 lbs. in the 1st week or 2, after that, JUST a little bit heavier, but yeah, I'd say to start looking for other ways to do you side hustle, maybe even bring a partner to train for a while. Let him/her do the lifting, lol.
Ag, 58, Maryland
Document with BEFORE/after pics
AMS cx 24cm, Titan malleable, Titan Legacy on 3/2/20 (20cm/bilat 2cm RTE/ 75 cc)
Face pic on pg. 22: names and faces; dick pics on pg 7/41: Dick of day
Smaller dick, but can fuck without fail :lol: :D

Return to “Implants”