Cylinder mobility and pain

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
cgdirector

Cylinder mobility and pain

Postby cgdirector » Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:23 am

Coming up on 9 months post-op. I still get fairly sore after 20 minutes or so of moderately vigorous sex. I swell the day after if my wife goes cowboy, especially if there if front-to-back sliding/grinding. I do not have 360 degrees of movement at the base (I am unable to push it down/towards the floor without force & pain even with just moderate inflation. It feels like the base of the cylinders are limited in their mobility. I just usually "grin and bear it" and do not mention it to the wife as that is her favorite position. I still have a remnant 40 degree bend (latter 3rd of penis) from peyronie's that the surgeon was not able to correct with modeling. Could it be that the PD curvature is pushing the cylinders at an angle and impacting mobility?
54 yr. old with PD Implanted with Coloplast Titan One Touch 18 + 2 RTE 11/23/2020.

SteveSW

Re: Cylinder mobility and pain

Postby SteveSW » Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:12 pm

Hey Director,
I have an AMS not the Titan, but when inflated, even when just hard enough for sex, (which is how it feels best) I can't bend my penis downward at all, and very limited side to side. While it doesn't feel great, I can push my dick up against my abdomen, in a straight up position. When inflated to the max for cycling, it's not going anywhere but straight out at about 2:30. I really haven't had any difficulties with different sex positions. Yesterday I had a particularly long, aggressive session, and I did get a little sore right at the cylinder tips inside my glans.
Steve
20 years of severe Peyronie's plaque, 90 curve, hinging and ED. Cost me 1.5" L and 1" G.
Implanted 2/18/21, AMS CX, 18 CM + 3 RTE, penoscrotal. Have gained 3/4". Gay, married, age 68.

cgdirector

Postby cgdirector » Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:33 pm

SteveSW wrote:Hey Director,
I have an AMS not the Titan, but when inflated, even when just hard enough for sex, (which is how it feels best) I can't bend my penis downward at all, and very limited side to side. While it doesn't feel great, I can push my dick up against my abdomen, in a straight up position. When inflated to the max for cycling, it's not going anywhere but straight out at about 2:30. I really haven't had any difficulties with different sex positions. Yesterday I had a particularly long, aggressive session, and I did get a little sore right at the cylinder tips inside my glans.
Steve

Thanks Steve. Makes me feel a little better knowing that it probably isn't a problem that needs to be "fixed". It is possible too, that it may improve with more time. It does hinder our sex life somewhat as I am typically too sore/swollen to have sex on back-to-back days.
54 yr. old with PD Implanted with Coloplast Titan One Touch 18 + 2 RTE 11/23/2020.

AST2123

Postby AST2123 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:31 pm

I understand that it is not a good idea to let your wife know about the pain. It is also important to keep your toy working without issues.
With Titan, I assume that the bend will straighten with time. I suggest either you explain to her that some positions are not comfortable till now with less than a year postop, or you discuss it with your doctor, and schedule an appointment, with your wife attending.
Finally Bionic
52y old. RP Oct. 2017. Pills didn't work. Trimix failed after a couple of times. Have inguinal hernia repair on both sides. Implanted AMS CX, 21 cm+1 cm RTE, by Dr. Kai Li at KP, VA, Jan. 2021. New username FinallyBionic

Masonjames

Postby Masonjames » Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:41 pm

I was advised early on to bend my penis left and rights and up and down, while fully inflated, to avoid this problem later on. I don't have pain from sex in any position now.
You might want to try manipulating your penis in this manner while it is inflated and see if it helps. Go slowly at first and work up to a more aggressive routine.
70 year old, Married 53 years with two adult children.
Tried pills, herbs, and Trimix. Implanted by Dr. Hakky , in Atlanta, on the 1st, of September 2020. Titan XL 24cm's with two 1.5cm"s RTE"s

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:56 pm

Masonjames wrote:I was advised early on to bend my penis left and rights and up and down, while fully inflated, to avoid this problem later on. I don't have pain from sex in any position now.
You might want to try manipulating your penis in this manner while it is inflated and see if it helps. Go slowly at first and work up to a more aggressive routine.

Does it make a difference WHERE you bend your penis? In particular, I am asking if your advisor recommending bending at (or avoiding) any particular place along the shaft. At the base, along the shaft, near the glans, etc. I would think that at the base might not be so good, as that is where the proximal (solid) end and the inflatable tubes meet and could be a weak point - my speculation.

Thanks for sharing the recommendation, Masonjames.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:06 pm

cgdirector wrote:(edited for focus) I still have a remnant 40 degree bend (latter 3rd of penis) from peyronie's that the surgeon was not able to correct with modeling.

Harkening back to my recent post to Masonjames, your question is probably that you should do the "modeling" right where your 40 degree bend. You should ask your surgeon. Modeling is uncomfortable/painful, as it is breaking up (tearing) scar tissue. Consistent modeling every day (sometimes multiple times a day) should be able to effect a reduction after a time.

cgdirector wrote:(edited for focus) Could it be that the PD curvature is pushing the cylinders at an angle and impacting mobility?

Geometry and the forces applied on your penis, I suppose could put lateral or twisting forces that could be problematic and painful. Force vector analysis during sex could be mentally challenging at a time when your mind is otherwise occupied. I don't want to be flip about your dilemma, but easing into that sexual position with different angles of your pelvis or different degrees of inflation might show you the way to a better experience.

Telling her that you hurt might inhibit her enjoyment. Women are hypersensitive that way. If you do share your discomfort with her, be sure to emphasize that you LOVE it when she enjoys that position and you love that position as well and let her be part of the team that finds the cure.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

AST2123

Postby AST2123 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:43 pm

I second Lost Sheep.
I actually find it an advantage that my penis is not moving left and right, up or down. When I was using injections, I developed a hinge-like bend in the middle of the shaft. Together with the non-stiff erection, this made penetration impossible.
Finally Bionic
52y old. RP Oct. 2017. Pills didn't work. Trimix failed after a couple of times. Have inguinal hernia repair on both sides. Implanted AMS CX, 21 cm+1 cm RTE, by Dr. Kai Li at KP, VA, Jan. 2021. New username FinallyBionic

Masonjames

Postby Masonjames » Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:34 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:
Masonjames wrote:I was advised early on to bend my penis left and rights and up and down, while fully inflated, to avoid this problem later on. I don't have pain from sex in any position now.
You might want to try manipulating your penis in this manner while it is inflated and see if it helps. Go slowly at first and work up to a more aggressive routine.I

Does it make a difference WHERE you bend your penis? In particular, I am asking if your advisor recommending bending at (or avoiding) any particular place along the shaft. At the base, along the shaft, near the glans, etc. I would think that at the base might not be so good, as that is where the proximal (solid) end and the inflatable tubes meet and could be a weak point - my speculation.

Thanks for sharing the recommendation, Masonjames.

This was bending it at the base.
I wouldn't recommend bending it mid shaft.
70 year old, Married 53 years with two adult children.
Tried pills, herbs, and Trimix. Implanted by Dr. Hakky , in Atlanta, on the 1st, of September 2020. Titan XL 24cm's with two 1.5cm"s RTE"s

Return to “Implants”