Bulb squeezing technique question

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Txagq8

Bulb squeezing technique question

Postby Txagq8 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:50 am

I hope this doesn’t sound too crazy. I’m fond of saying there are no stupid questions, just stupid people. I fear my question here might prove that theory wrong.

I’ve got a LGX. Love it. Works great.

Pumping up is not what I expected, although it works. It takes a lot of pumps to get me rock hard. I’m more than happy to pump as many as it takes.

When I start to pump, the first couple of pumps I can feel the pump give and it’s easy. After that the only motion I can feel on pump is a slight indentation each time. I’ll do 75 or 80 of these mini squeezes to get to a near 45 degree angle, maximum size, maximum hardness.

I’m still moving fluid. I can feel a surge in each cylinder with each squeeze. There’s no reason I can’t hit it a few more times. In fact I have. For a long time I was quitting at about 60.

The other thing I’m doing that might be offbreat is using both hands. I’ve got a bit of osteoarthritis in fingers. I’ve been holding the bulb between left thumb and forefinger, then using right fingers to compress and release. Requires less strength to put more pressure on bulb that way.

Was just wondering if I’m the only person on earth doing it that way and can anyone foresee this ultimately causing any equipment trouble?
Robust, adolescent 65 year old. Venous leakage forever. Used shots, shots+pills 30+ years. Married to same wife ~35 yrs. Implanted 31Dec2019 in Austin Tx. AMS 700 LGX 18 cm with 5 cm RTE.

Lost Sheep

Re: Bulb squeezing technique question

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:01 am

Every different position of the pump invites a different pumping technique or hand position. Every difference in a man's hands (or his partner's) will suggest differences also.

When I first started inflating, I put one hand's thumb and forefinger over the base of my penis to hold the valve body steady and pumped with the forefinger of the other hand, pressing the pump bulb against the base of my thumb.

Lately, I can do the pumping with one hand and do not have to use the other for steadying the apparatus.

I often, as the implant gets pressurized and the back pressure makes pumping ull wall-to-wall pumps more difficult I will switch hands.

I have found that if I pause between pumps, I can get deeper compressions with each squeeze.

After about 60 compressions, I find that I don't get any harder. I suspect (and have heard testimony) there is a release valve that limits the pressure in the implant. For safety, they would not want a user to blow out their implant with over-enthusiastic pumping.

My experience is undoubtedly similar to others' and just as certainly different from others' experiences. So, do what works best for you and experiment around a bit.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:11 pm

I grip the bulb nearer to the valve block. Bulb is between the First joint on my thumb and between the first and second knuckle on my index finger. Try that while stabilizing the pump by holding tubes right at the valve block with your other hand.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

gene308

Postby gene308 » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:16 pm

I posted this a while ago. Hope it helps viewtopic.php?f=6&t=15936&p=142734&hilit=gene308#p142734
Gene308 married 43 years AMS 700 CX 21cm+2cm Implanted 10/04/2018 Dr James Hotaling (surgeon) and Mariah McCafferty, (Surgical Nurse and AMS rep) , University of Utah

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:45 pm

I wonder if perhaps while thinking you're pumping correctly. If by chance you're actually squeezing the pump diagonally to its centerline. This would seem to be full pumps but in reality you could be only doing half pumps. Just a thought.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Txagq8

Postby Txagq8 » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:06 pm

Gt1956 wrote:I wonder if perhaps while thinking you're pumping correctly. If by chance you're actually squeezing the pump diagonally to its centerline. This would seem to be full pumps but in reality you could be only doing half pumps. Just a thought.

I don’t think so but beats the hell out of me. Anything is possible I guess. I’ve elected to not overthink this as long as it’s working well and it is.

In fact, in the last few days I’ve gone to adding 10 or so little squeezes. I can really feel some stretch and it does improve the erection angle. Never before in entire life (even as a kid) have I had like a 30 or 45 degree angle. It’s pretty cool. Haven’t measured with the extra pumps either but I can feel some internal stretch.

I went ahead and changed my TRT to the Urologist who did my surgery, so next time I’m in for the 6-month-all-is-well we will renew your Rx visit, I will ask what the deal is. But after two squeezes, the bulb has all the give of a hard shell pecan but the cylinders definitely inflate and deflate okay and even squeezes where I can’t feel the bulb move are moving fluid.
Robust, adolescent 65 year old. Venous leakage forever. Used shots, shots+pills 30+ years. Married to same wife ~35 yrs. Implanted 31Dec2019 in Austin Tx. AMS 700 LGX 18 cm with 5 cm RTE.

Return to “Implants”