Just Installed! Day 1

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
theriem

Just Installed! Day 1

Postby theriem » Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:41 pm

AMS 700 LGX 21cm with 5cm RTE

Surgery was completed yesterday. Any suggestions on pumping? Seems impossible due to soreness? I know I need to wait but I always been sensitive in the testicle arra.

Trying to pull the pump downward as instructed but it's so sore and painful to adjust.

Nervous about losing length but excited about hard erection and pleasing my woman.

Talk to me guys

Lost Sheep

Re: Just Installed! Day 1

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:21 pm

Welcome to the forum, theriem.

How inflated are you? Some surgeons leave their patients inflated 80%, some 50%, some even less. This prevents a scar tissue "pseudo-capsule" from forming around the implant. (By the same token you don't want a pseudo-capsule of scar tissue to form around the reservoir, either, so many surgeons advise their patients to cycle the implant as early in the recovery states as possible - ask your surgeon before you act on anything you read here!!!)

At 21+5 I don't think you need worry about length. But on that question, can you feel the tips of the implant in your glans? Estimate how far into your glans the tips are inserted and if more than half-way, I REALLY don't thing you need to worry about losing any length.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Jimmy1

Postby Jimmy1 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:55 pm

Firstly….congratulations on your surgery and secondly on the implant size! Good for you. Listen to your doctor. I am almost 6 weeks from my implant surgery. I had excessive scrotal swelling which only recently came down. We all heal differently and I’m a bit down that I’m taking longer than some guys on here. Don’t be pulling on anything until you see the doctor. Rest, ice, ice and more ice and rest. Listen to your body.
61yr old GWM. AMS 700 CX 18+3 on 6/24/21

AST2123

Postby AST2123 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:02 pm

Congrats on your implant!
Usually doctors activates in an appointment, which differs from a doctor to another. Pumping can start 3-6 weeks post-op. Dr. Eid is an exception. He lets his patients start only 3 days post-op.
So, when you meet your doctor again, he/she will tell you when to start pumping, and how frequent.
For the pump pulling, many of us were told by our surgeons to gently pull down the pump. You should follow your doctor's instructions and do it if you don't feel pain. Pain will gradually go away in a few days. All the best!
Finally Bionic
52y old. RP Oct. 2017. Pills didn't work. Trimix failed after a couple of times. Have inguinal hernia repair on both sides. Implanted AMS CX, 21 cm+1 cm RTE, by Dr. Kai Li at KP, VA, Jan. 2021. New username FinallyBionic

theriem

Postby theriem » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:30 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:Welcome to the forum, theriem.

How inflated are you? Some surgeons leave their patients inflated 80%, some 50%, some even less. This prevents a scar tissue "pseudo-capsule" from forming around the implant. (By the same token you don't want a pseudo-capsule of scar tissue to form around the reservoir, either, so many surgeons advise their patients to cycle the implant as early in the recovery states as possible - ask your surgeon before you act on anything you read here!!!)

At 21+5 I don't think you need worry about length. But on that question, can you feel the tips of the implant in your glans? Estimate how far into your glans the tips are inserted and if more than half-way, I REALLY don't thing you need to worry about losing any length.

Thanks for the welcome and feedback.

Less than 50% inflated. Closer to like 20%
I feel the tips about 1/3 of the way in my glans.
Dr. Bullock instructed my to cycle once the pain subside and I'm successfully able to pump and deflate

theriem

Postby theriem » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:32 pm

Jimmy1 wrote:Firstly….congratulations on your surgery and secondly on the implant size! Good for you. Listen to your doctor. I am almost 6 weeks from my implant surgery. I had excessive scrotal swelling which only recently came down. We all heal differently and I’m a bit down that I’m taking longer than some guys on here. Don’t be pulling on anything until you see the doctor. Rest, ice, ice and more ice and rest. Listen to your body.

Thanks Jimmy

theriem

Postby theriem » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:32 pm

AST2123 wrote:Congrats on your implant!
Usually doctors activates in an appointment, which differs from a doctor to another. Pumping can start 3-6 weeks post-op. Dr. Eid is an exception. He lets his patients start only 3 days post-op.
So, when you meet your doctor again, he/she will tell you when to start pumping, and how frequent.
For the pump pulling, many of us were told by our surgeons to gently pull down the pump. You should follow your doctor's instructions and do it if you don't feel pain. Pain will gradually go away in a few days. All the best!

Will do! Thanks

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:11 pm

theriem wrote:
Lost Sheep wrote:Welcome to the forum, theriem.

Thanks for the welcome and feedback.

Less than 50% inflated. Closer to like 20%
I feel the tips about 1/3 of the way in my glans.
Dr. Bullock instructed my to cycle once the pain subside and I'm successfully able to pump and deflate

At 20% inflated, I am not surprised that your tips only penetrate into your glans 1/3. With inflation, they should poke a little further. With some men, their tunica did not penetrate deeply, so there is that. The implant should not / cannot go further into your glans than your tunica did.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Return to “Implants”