Nervous but have go forward

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
aslanglobal

Nervous but have go forward

Postby aslanglobal » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:08 am

Hey guys,
I've done years of tests, exams and seeking out answers. I finally have the doc in Atlanta scheduled and ready to go. I'm not gonna lie- I'm scared shitless. I've never had surgery before. I know this has to be done. I want a real life back again and to have a family. I'm just a little freaked out about having these pieces in my dick all the time. When did it not feel like there was an alien down there? I'm not backing out- I had an accident and have legitimate damage as a guy in his 30s. I'm just asking as I prepare for the day.
37, Implanted 8/10/21. 22 cm Titan, Dr. Tariq Hakky.

Txagq8

Re: Nervous but have go forward

Postby Txagq8 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:27 am

Ok, Hoss. Deep breath. It’s gonna be ok.

I think all of us (or at least asizeable majority) second guessed ourselves up until the time they squirted some funny juice in the IV and I started singing the O’Jay’s “Backstabbers.”

There is a real worry that “hey, they’re fixing to rip out my wiring, I’ll never have a normal erection again, even if it was shitty. Oh and my pecker might be smaller.”

No two guys handle the surgery alike, for me it was like a hernia repair with bruising. Almost instantvrecovery/return to normal.

It’s been 20 months. It’s not an alien device. The implant is as much a part of me as the screws they put in to hold my bicep together after I ripped it in the gym. I don’t even think about it. You know how sometimes you might stroke yourself a bit before sex to sort of harden up your erection and make it a bit bigger? Pumping does the same thing and it’s no more obtrusive. Some short squeezes on the bulb and your sex partner is gonna think she has you excited beyond repair.

Single best decision I ever made other than marrying my wife. Had they had devices this good in ‘92 I would have begged the doc to install it, knowing what I know now.

Good luck!
Robust, adolescent 65 year old. Venous leakage forever. Used shots, shots+pills 30+ years. Married to same wife ~35 yrs. Implanted 31Dec2019 in Austin Tx. AMS 700 LGX 18 cm with 5 cm RTE.

aslanglobal

Postby aslanglobal » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:56 am

Words much appreciated. thank you!
37, Implanted 8/10/21. 22 cm Titan, Dr. Tariq Hakky.

Time2Change

Postby Time2Change » Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:50 am

I can relate to your nervousness about surgery. Prior to getting my implant, my experiences with "surgery" were getting my wisdom teeth out at 19 and having my first colonoscopy last summer. I was grateful to have a bunch of wonderful medical professionals attending to me from the nurses to the anesthesiologists to the doctor. They made the experience a lot calmer for me. I'll bet you have similar treatment.

It took a few months for me to get used to having the implant. I still marvel at it sometimes. I'm just super glad to be able to have a reliable hard on in a matter of seconds. It had been so long since I had that ability that I had forgotten what it felt like. So, it may still feel "alien" to me today at times, but in a very good way.
55; ED for 22+ years; Coloplast Titan implant on 10/26/20; Dr. Martin Gross; Happy to share my experiences in private messages

eisenhower

Postby eisenhower » Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:39 pm

Hey man, I'm several years older than you at 50, and I'm contemplating the implant myself, as I now find myself in my fourth battle with Peyronie's Disease in 20 years. I just don't know if I'll be able to beat it this time, and the implant route has been on my mind a lot these past days.

I admire your taking control of your life, and completely understand your "scared shitless" comment. I wonder if I can actually go through with it, and find myself saying things like, "If they could just knock me out and wake me up three months later when everything is healed, I'd do it in a minute."

That's the rub. It takes courage to go down that path, but I've read so many guys saying it was the best decision they ever mad, I have to believe them. And I can only imagine a world free of worry and concern over things like ED and Peyronie's. It must be so liberating.

So, I admire your courage and will be expecting a full report all along the way!

Best of luck to you, sir! A moment's courage, and it's done!

eisenhower

wunhunglo

Postby wunhunglo » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:12 pm

When did it not feel like there was an alien down there?

The tubing in the shaft was mildly uncomfortable at the tips for 6 - 8 weeks but other than that it feels normal. Yes, I have a third testicle and it chafes a bit but it really isn’t noticeable. Although, with the Titan, you always will notice the “accordion folds” when your penis is flaccid. You’ll get used to it.

Good luck!
Implanted April 9th 2021(age 55) by Dr. Eid w/ 24 cm Titan
Activated Day 3; minimal swelling and discomfort for 3-4 weeks
Preop injection size: 17 cms length (slight press) & 15 1/2 cm girth
Post up w/max inflation: 17 cm length 14 cm girth

Return to “Implants”