Thin Tunica and Pressure Atrophy over Time

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
impotentredditor

Re: Tunica and Pressure Atrophy over Time

Postby impotentredditor » Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:46 pm

jump.ship wrote:
impotentredditor wrote:
jump.ship wrote:Wow. Is aggressive sizing a new thing of recent years? If so, then we will not have any data until these people age?

Maybe more conservative implanters dont want to risk the longterm unknown with pushing the tips in too far?

Not for high volume implanters. Also, aggressive sizing is about length. That really has nothing to do with tunical atrophy (which happens due to the girth).

Phew. I was thinking it was atrophy up in the glans. Sounds like a risk we can't avoid then if its an issue in the shaft.

Oh no, the glans won't atrophy from penile implants. Its only the shaft, and even then, it seems very unlikely IMO. I've never seen doctors talk about it. My suspicion is that tunical atrophy (in the future) would only be an issue for guys with already thin tunicas, and other comorbidities such as heavy diabetes. And even then I suspect it would only lead to slightly decreased quality of erections. Nothing that women would notice for the most part
26 year old with lifelong venous leak. Hoping to get an implant soon.

eisenhower

Re: Thin Tunica and Pressure Atrophy over Time

Postby eisenhower » Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:26 pm

WatNext, when you say you already have a very thin tunica, how do you know? Have you noticed an increase in girth over the years - a sort of "bulging" of the tunica?

I too have this - I've gained 1/2" girth over the last six years, for no reason, and I've recently learned (from reading this forum) that this must be tunica thinning/weakening over the years. To be honest, it really freaks me out worrying if this makes me more probe to a penile fracture.

eisenhower

RoninRiff

Postby RoninRiff » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:19 pm

Hi Eisenhower - Just for clarification, are you post-implant or no?
55 yo w 20 yrs of worsening ED. VL on US. Tried all PDE5-Is w decreasing efficacy. No longer tolerating SEs from meds. INJs did not work out well for me. Now sched for IPP w Dr. Eid in 12/2023.

eisenhower

Postby eisenhower » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:42 pm

No, I don't have an implant. I've noticed my right side corpora expanding over the last 5-6 years, and didn't understand it, but honestly, rather enjoyed the increased girth.

Only a few weeks ago, reading NYCGay's implant experience with Dr. Eid, did I learn this unexplained girth gain was due to tunica weakening (as explained to NYCGay).

I went from admiring my newly wider member to be being quite concerned about it, both as a fracture risk, and as a challenge should an implant ever be necessary (I have a long history with Peyronie's Disease).

Thanks,
eisenhower

eisenhower

Postby eisenhower » Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:54 am

WatNext, I'm curious though (and thanks for the info), when you say you knew you had a thin tunica, how did you know? Had you seen your girth expand over the years?

Thanks,
eisenhower

ontheroad

Postby ontheroad » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:37 am

In the case you get an implant, this shouldn’t be a problem. The implant itself has enough axial rigidity to stay hard. The tunica in this cases would be just the cover of the implant. Correct me if I’m mistaken

RoninRiff

Postby RoninRiff » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:28 am

Eisenhower - Along with a progressive increase in your girth, have you noticed a decrease in erection rigidity?
Watnext - Do you have an implant? Or were your multiple surgeries for other things?
Ontheroad - Whether the implant itself can provide enough rigidity in the presence of tunica stretching may depend on whether the device has "tunica-dependent" or "tunica-independent" cylinders. Perhaps some of the more experienced bionic brothers can chime in more on that.
Last edited by RoninRiff on Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
55 yo w 20 yrs of worsening ED. VL on US. Tried all PDE5-Is w decreasing efficacy. No longer tolerating SEs from meds. INJs did not work out well for me. Now sched for IPP w Dr. Eid in 12/2023.

eisenhower

Postby eisenhower » Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:10 pm

RonanRiff, thankfully, no I haven't experienced a decrease in erection quality or rigidity as a result of the expanding girth. Not yet, anyway.

eisenhower

nuance

Postby nuance » Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:54 am

Any recent updates on this?

ScrewedbyDoctors

Postby ScrewedbyDoctors » Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:15 pm

I have a thin tunica because of corporal fibrosis, how in the world I will put an implant then?, OK I realized that my sex live is over at 46, time to not think about my penis anymore and think about something else
Attachments
20220626_145621.jpg
20220626_145621.jpg (481.65 KiB) Viewed 709 times
20220626_183649.jpg
20220626_183649.jpg (608.63 KiB) Viewed 709 times
20220626_145621.jpg
20220626_145621.jpg (481.65 KiB) Viewed 709 times
I had a trauma 2 years ago, caused me narrowing, dent and shortening. PRP injections three months ago=worse narrowing, and worse ED. Now I only have two choices: impotent or implant. Born in 1975, in a relationship with girlfriend fir 4 years

Return to “Implants”