Thin Tunica and Pressure Atrophy over Time

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
oldbeek

Re: Tunica and Pressure Atrophy over Time

Postby oldbeek » Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:47 pm

When injecting, I tried to use an auto injector. When the needle hit the tunica it would actually bend the tip of the needle and release the trimix on the outside of the tunica. In manual injection I would jab through the first skin to get down to the tunica then jab again to get through the tunica. I wonder if these tough tunica is a better thing to have when implanted. I also have pain when inflated 100% at 3 years since IPP, so i don't pump till pump ball is rock hard. Are some tunica's softer than others.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

Tortão

Postby Tortão » Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:03 pm

FreddyFree wrote:Another issue I think may cause this issue would be overuse of a VED with an inflatable.

I’m not a doctor.

I think VED usage with an IPP (while deflated) would be a good idea to prevent pressure atrophy because it would bring more blood flow.

But this is just my theory, I'm not a doctor too.
1993 born. Brazil.
Peyronies since Sep 2019.
Penis developed curvature, lots of plaque, loss of size and axial rigidity. Severe peyronie.
Mar/21 Titan Touch 20 cm + 1.5 RTE.

robertm

Postby robertm » Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:16 pm

Still wondering if anyone on FrankTalk has experienced this? With all the implanted men on this forum, someone must have experienced this problem, if it's in fact a problem.
60 yrs old. Gradually worsening ED for 10 years. Pills and trimix not working well anymore. Will need an implant in the near future.

impotentredditor

Postby impotentredditor » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:00 pm

As a young guy looking to get an implant I'm really not too worried about this.

For one, because atleast I'll get to enjoy sex in my youth atleast, I'll worry about when I'm older when I'm actually older.

But more importantly, I've only seen one doctor express this opinion, but I've never seen a study claiming this be published. As far as erection instability goes, what's worse than some tunical atrophy is using too many RTEs. That makes an erection really unstable.

Apart from that my urologist told me that tunicas naturally lose elasticity as you age anyway.

Finally, because I remember watching Dr Kramer videos and there were a few where the man had had an implant for 20 years before it stopped working. Dr Kramer put in a new one and it seemed perfectly fine in terms of stiffness.

And I've never seen a post on Franktalk talking about this. Given how hard each of the implants gets, I think even with tunical atrophy, if it happens, most men would still have solid stable erections that feel harder than whatever their natural erections would have been at that age.

EDIT: here's a video. The guy had a malleable(which is known to erode through the tunica, not merely atrophy it ) for over 20 years. https://youtu.be/52WKqLbmkBg He has a revision and it looks good and seems hard and stiff.
26 year old with lifelong venous leak. Hoping to get an implant soon.

irishguy

Postby irishguy » Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:18 am

Not going to lie just woke up with a hangover and this has made it much worse!!! I was told zero about this so I’m completely ignorant to this!! Is this actually an issue though. I’ve heard of erosion and the a revision is done. But if this is a thing can the tunica not be tightened somehow?? And also if this is an issue should we ask for the same size implant on revision or accept the possible larger one??
Age 34 Implanted with a 20cm Titan, Mar 19 2013, By Doctor David Ralph in London England,
8 years with implant and after a rocky start I’m very happy with the implant

impotentredditor

Postby impotentredditor » Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:59 am

irishguy wrote:Not going to lie just woke up with a hangover and this has made it much worse!!! I was told zero about this so I’m completely ignorant to this!! Is this actually an issue though. I’ve heard of erosion and the a revision is done. But if this is a thing can the tunica not be tightened somehow?? And also if this is an issue should we ask for the same size implant on revision or accept the possible larger one??

I dont think increasing implant size would cause problems because the increase is only in length. The maximum girth of the implant remains the same as the smaller implant. So it shouldn't make any difference.

Namirrah

Postby Namirrah » Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:58 am

My guess is that younger guys will probably be more resistant to atrophy.
I E. It will take longer for it to become an issue.

The penis naturally goes through a "breakdown" and "rebuild" cycle with erectile function.

A natural erection stretches connective tissue, initially pushing oxygenated blood deep into erectile tissue with a gradual falling off over time.

Post erection, TGF ß-1 spikes and initiates collagen repair. ( When out of balance TGF can cause thickening of connective tissue and fibrosis aka Peyronie's.)

I understand that nobody is here because their erectile health is stellar, but I would guess that younger guys are more likely to have a better functioning erection recovery system.

Older Guys probably "time out" on this being an issue. If you're still banging away in your 90s, good for you. You're either a stud or wealthy or some combination of the two.

My guess is that the same kind of damage that would happen over 20 yrs to a guy 60+, would take 30 or more years in a guy in his 30s or 40s.

Honestly, with the state of the world, in 30 yrs we'll all either be totally screwed or we'll have the tech to grow you a new dick.

Do what ever you can now so you can get laid as much as possible. Who knows what is around the corner, life is too short.
Age: 39, Diabetic (well controlled) HBP (since teens, less well controlled, but ok),
mild ED for 3 years, l arginine l citrulline and norvaline (amino acid stack) helped.
Pills: ineffective. Started trimix: 6/24/18, EXTREMELY effective.

jump.ship

Postby jump.ship » Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:29 am

Wow. Is aggressive sizing a new thing of recent years? If so, then we will not have any data until these people age?

Maybe more conservative implanters dont want to risk the longterm unknown with pushing the tips in too far?
Uk Based - 39 Years
ED from day one - VL confirmed with NHS
Implanted Jan 2022 - Dr Eid - 22cm Titan / no RTEs

impotentredditor

Postby impotentredditor » Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:17 am

jump.ship wrote:Wow. Is aggressive sizing a new thing of recent years? If so, then we will not have any data until these people age?

Maybe more conservative implanters dont want to risk the longterm unknown with pushing the tips in too far?

Not for high volume implanters. Also, aggressive sizing is about length. That really has nothing to do with tunical atrophy (which happens due to the girth).

jump.ship

Postby jump.ship » Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:27 pm

impotentredditor wrote:
jump.ship wrote:Wow. Is aggressive sizing a new thing of recent years? If so, then we will not have any data until these people age?

Not for high volume implanters. Also, aggressive sizing is about length. That really has nothing to do with tunical atrophy (which happens due to the girth).

Phew. I was thinking it was atrophy up in the glans. Sounds like a risk we can't avoid then if its an issue in the shaft.
Uk Based - 39 Years
ED from day one - VL confirmed with NHS
Implanted Jan 2022 - Dr Eid - 22cm Titan / no RTEs

Return to “Implants”