Length?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
SunsetEyes1977

Length?

Postby SunsetEyes1977 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:45 am

I've been using a vacuum pump as suggested by my urologist. Will the length of my penis be the same as it is in the vacuum after implant surgery?
46 yr old. Married swinger. Implanted AMS 700 in Nov 2023. ED started in mid 40's with diabetes. TriMix worked but had scar tissue.

Lost Sheep

Re: Length?

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:38 am

99.9% sure the answer is, "No"

The vacuum not only gets greater engorgement than any natural blood flow in normal erections, but it pulls your tissues forward. Under vacuum, my girth and length were significantly greater than any natural erection I ever had. Length about 3/4 to 1 inch longer. Girth, I could not measure inside the chamber, but even when the vacuum was released, I was a little girthier than my natural erection.

But the Vacuum chamber does give significant benefits. Blood flow in your tissues and maintaining elasticity and preventing size loss. Also may make insertion of the implant easier (for the surgeon) and the recovery easier on the patient as there would be less trauma to the penis.

Did your surgeon not tell you how the VED benefits you? Try to get him/her to talk to you (thus, listen to you). I believe in being a participatory patient and becoming an integral part of one's health care team. Some people don't believe that, preferring to just follow Doctor's orders without question, and I don't fault them for that approach. It is just my way of life.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

KenJ1947

Postby KenJ1947 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:22 pm

I agree with LS. I used a VED, Bathmate, and air pump off and on for a almost a year. In my VED and air pump, I filled the 8" tube both in length and girth. The tube was 2.25" in diameter. It all went away, except for being girthier, when the pressure was released. At present, about 5 months out from my implant, I'm just over 6" x 6". Don't I wish for the extra length and girth? You bet. I hope to get to 7 within a year of the implant.

Bottom line: You will likely lose some length. Some do, some lucky ones don't. I hope you're a lucky one.
Married 50+ years, 75, ED for 10 years.

Dr Mark Allen, Plano, TX. Surgery at Baylor, Scott and White Frisco, TX. AMS 700 CX MS, 24 cm + 2 cm RTEs x 2.4 cm tubes, 100 ml reservoir.

4 grandkids (son 25, daughter 23, son 21, daughter 7).

SunsetEyes1977

Postby SunsetEyes1977 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:43 pm

Thank you for the info. When pumped, I'm 8" fully engorged. Not sure on the thickness but it looks thick. Flaccid, I'm about 5". Surgeon did tell me to pump at least 30 minutes everyday before surgery.
46 yr old. Married swinger. Implanted AMS 700 in Nov 2023. ED started in mid 40's with diabetes. TriMix worked but had scar tissue.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:53 pm

SunsetEyes1977 wrote:Thank you for the info. When pumped, I'm 8" fully engorged. Not sure on the thickness but it looks thick. Flaccid, I'm about 5". Surgeon did tell me to pump at least 30 minutes everyday before surgery.

There are two protocols I know of. The intermittent "pump for 90 seconds (increasing gently all the while) and then release for 30 seconds" and repeat for 30 minutes is one. The alternative, "Pump for 30 minutes, increasing gently all the while" may get more stretch, but the intermittent flushes more blood through the penile tissues.

One can do both. I used the VED twice a day, once before getting out of bed in the morning and once before going to sleep at night.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

SunsetEyes1977

Postby SunsetEyes1977 » Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:27 am

Great advice. Thank you.

FreddyFree

Postby FreddyFree » Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:25 am

The tunica albuginea surrounds the corpus cavernosum. It is very resistant to stretching, which is why correct fitting of the cylinders are so important. Because of this resistance, the only “enlargement” of the penis from VED is on the tissues from the tunica outward.
AMS 700 CX 18cm. x 12mm. With 3cm. RTEs. 10/10/18

SunsetEyes1977

Postby SunsetEyes1977 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:39 am

Ok. I posed the question about loss of length to my urologist. She said the common way to forecast what it will be is to stretch it as far as it will go. I did this and got 7.5 inches.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:53 pm

SunsetEyes1977 wrote:Ok. I posed the question about loss of length to my urologist. She said the common way to forecast what it will be is to stretch it as far as it will go. I did this and got 7.5 inches.

Did she also say that the "stretch estimate" is not very accurate?

Far more accurate is to measure your erection (if one is attainable) produced by any means that works. Unfortunately, not every man approaching an implant CAN get one by any means at all, so the stretch estimate is the only estimate available.

Be sure to ask for a description of how the measurement is taken DURING surgery. That is the ONLY measurement that counts. Measure the space where the implant will be placed. If the space is not completely filled, your glans (penis tip) will not be properly supported. If the implant is too long for the space, the "S-curve deformity" is a potential, or inability to inflate fully or painful inflation with too much compression of your soft tissues inside the penis, impeding blood flow and potentially, necrosis.

For these reasons, proper measurement at fit of the implant is VITAL to a satisfactory outcome. Ask your surgeon to describe the process to your satisfaction.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

wunhunglo

Postby wunhunglo » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:08 pm

Stretching as far as it will go? That is NOT accurate and may be a red flag.
Your flaccid penis will stretch much longer than your erect penis. Like chewing gum. The more you pull it the thinner it gets. The only realistic measurement is an injection test (provided your can maintain somewhat of an erection).

@lostsheep Thoughts?
Implanted April 9th 2021(age 55) by Dr. Eid w/ 24 cm Titan
Activated Day 3; minimal swelling and discomfort for 3-4 weeks
Preop injection size: 17 cms length (slight press) & 15 1/2 cm girth
Post up w/max inflation: 17 cm length 14 cm girth

Return to “Implants”