flaccid vs erect

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
whatisthislife

flaccid vs erect

Postby whatisthislife » Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:05 am

Hi everyone,

booked a consult with a urologist on the 19th of aug. one thing that is worrying me is my flaccid/stretched vs erect size.
my flaccid is like 3.5/4 inch and stretches to about 6ish but when im hard its close to 7. does anyone with an implant have a similar issue and how did your final implanted length turn out?

ive already started using a VED to try and maintain tissue health

Lost Sheep

Re: flaccid vs erect

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:28 am

whatisthislife wrote:Hi everyone,

booked a consult with a urologist on the 19th of aug. one thing that is worrying me is my flaccid/stretched vs erect size.
my flaccid is like 3.5/4 inch and stretches to about 6ish but when im hard its close to 7. does anyone with an implant have a similar issue and how did your final implanted length turn out?

So far you are doing everything right (the two things you mentioned).

Measure your erect length and girth (and document with photographs). Not what you can get inside a VED; that is WAY more than nature intended for your penis. Just what you can get with your best erection through natural blood flow by whatever means works best for you.

Use the VED to flush blood through your tissues and to maintain size and elasticity. This is also thought to make insertion of the implant easier for the surgeon (and concomitantly, recovery easier for the patient).

Have your surgeon explain to you how he/she will measure your distal dimension and proximal dimension to select the implant size. Ask how energetically the distal measure will be made (watch a few videos of that process - it can be alarming). Ask how the surgeon places the distal tips of the implant (they are pulled into the glans and great care should be taken to ensure they are fully seated to avoid the "SST" syndrome - also known as "floppy head")

I believe in being a participatory patient (and from your post, think you agree). Make yourself a part of your own medical care team and get yourself accepted as such. In that way, your desires are more likely to be given weight in the decision making process both before surgery and while you our under anesthesia.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

LeRoastBeef

Postby LeRoastBeef » Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:50 am

2 weeks past op. My flaccid wasn't great due to ED. It varied, glans size was terrible. Thought it may be an issue. It wasn't a problem. AMS lgx700, flaccid is now 5 inches always, glans is actually better than it was. Hopefully erect size of 6+ returns.

Don't worry about flaccid size, they will measure you in the table to determine your erect length and work according to that. They know that flaccid is a fraction of erect, that in itself tells you nothing of erect size. They've seen it all and understand.
Implanted with AMS 700 lgx, 2021.
30's
UK

Wizz93

Postby Wizz93 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:54 am

LeRoastBeef wrote:2 weeks past op. My flaccid wasn't great due to ED. It varied, glans size was terrible. Thought it may be an issue. It wasn't a problem. AMS lgx700, flaccid is now 5 inches always, glans is actually better than it was. Hopefully erect size of 6+ returns.

Don't worry about flaccid size, they will measure you in the table to determine your erect length and work according to that. They know that flaccid is a fraction of erect, that in itself tells you nothing of erect size. They've seen it all and understand.

I find the fact that your glans is now better interesting.
Do you think it’s due to the fact that the tips of the implant goes into the glans and widens it ?

That’s one thing I‘m also concerned about since I‘m very girthy and my glans is also small in the flaccid state. Since the implant doesn‘t inflate the glans I think it might look strange. In pictures of inflated penises the glans always looks at least good. So I was thinking even though the implant doesn’t inflate the glans maybe the tips in the glans makes it automatically bigger and widens it.

LeRoastBeef

Postby LeRoastBeef » Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:20 am

I know exclty what you are getting at, I wondered the same.
The answer, as far as I could deduce while I was partially inflated after the operation, is yes.
You could see the implant in the glans, the two cylinders widened out the glans.

So you would have the cone shape of the natural glans, then about 1/3 of the way down the glans would widen, pushed out by the cylinders, the shape was as you would expect it to be, a bit like two tent poles, it didn't look unatural though, it actually looked quite good. Using a ring for glans engorgment, would make the whole thing look great, I think, I hope....

There does also seem to be better blood flow to the glans since the op. I do not know why.
Implanted with AMS 700 lgx, 2021.
30's
UK

AST2123

Postby AST2123 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:09 am

whatisthislife wrote:Hi everyone,

After the implant, things will be different. You will be a shower rather than a grower, ie the flaccid length will not not have a noticeable difference than your erected length.
If I am getting your concern correctly, with a good surgeon, you should maintain your erected length after the implant or (regain) it in a couple of months with regular cycling.
Between AMS and Titan, you should be aware that AMS has better flaccid state than Titan (which can be difficult to hide), but Titan has other advantages. You need to discuss this with your doctor, weigh your options and preferences, and decide about what suits you more.
Finally Bionic
52y old. RP Oct. 2017. Pills didn't work. Trimix failed after a couple of times. Have inguinal hernia repair on both sides. Implanted AMS CX, 21 cm+1 cm RTE, by Dr. Kai Li at KP, VA, Jan. 2021. New username FinallyBionic

Return to “Implants”