North Carolina Recomendations

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Sharpes

North Carolina Recomendations

Postby Sharpes » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:17 am

I’m still waiting for my insurance company to confirm if implants are or are not covered. In the meantime, I’m doing homework on Urologists. I’ve found several, reading their web sites, they are all the top guy in the state, lol. Anyone want to share their actual experiences with any of them? I’m currently leaning towards Winston Salem, closest to me, or Raleigh Duran areas…

Thanks

Macdawgg

Re: North Carolina Recomendations

Postby Macdawgg » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:45 am

If you consider charlotte let me know. I can give you the name of my urologist who did my implant.

Sharpes

Postby Sharpes » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:26 am

Thanks Macdawgg, I will hit you up if I do. It’s about a 2 hour drive for me, certainly doable. I take it that you are satisfied?

Macdawgg

Postby Macdawgg » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:47 pm

Overall yes-I got an infection after four months of using the implant and now he removed it because there was a mass of pus around the buld area. He sent it off to the lab to see what was the cause and will install another once the results come back.

Sharpes

Postby Sharpes » Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:33 am

Wow, that’s rough, sorry to hear that…. Hope all’s well, and the next one goes off without a hitch for you! I think I’d be a bit discouraged if that happened to me, my insurance only pays 90%…

wunhunglo

Postby wunhunglo » Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:11 pm

I also live in Charlotte but opted to have surgery with Dr. Eid since he takes BCBS.
Implanted April 9th 2021(age 55) by Dr. Eid w/ 24 cm Titan
Activated Day 3; minimal swelling and discomfort for 3-4 weeks
Preop injection size: 17 cms length (slight press) & 15 1/2 cm girth
Post up w/max inflation: 17 cm length 14 cm girth

Sharpes

Postby Sharpes » Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:13 pm

Dr Eid is in NY? I think I’ve seen his YouTube videos. How many trips back and forth did it take you all told?

wunhunglo

Postby wunhunglo » Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:29 pm

Dr Eid is in NY? I think I’ve seen his YouTube videos. How many trips back and forth did it take you all told?

Yes. I flew in once (on Monday for a Friday surgery) and stayed across the street from the surgery center. Many of Dr. Eid’s patients leave within 2 or 3 days but I decided to stay a full seven days so I could follow up multiple times.

He is one of the, if not THE best surgeons in the world. Definitely worth the trip and a few thousand dollars for travel and hotel.

Feel free to message me with any questions.
Implanted April 9th 2021(age 55) by Dr. Eid w/ 24 cm Titan
Activated Day 3; minimal swelling and discomfort for 3-4 weeks
Preop injection size: 17 cms length (slight press) & 15 1/2 cm girth
Post up w/max inflation: 17 cm length 14 cm girth

Lunatech

Postby Lunatech » Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:48 am

My implant doctor was Dr. Terlecki at Baptist in Winston Salem. Great doc and did a great job. I'd be more that happy to talk further or even show and tell if you wanted and live close enough. Let me know.
49 years old at time of implant, Suffering from ED 10+ years, Implant surgery 2/28/19 AMS 700 LGX 18cm with 4cm RTE by Dr. Terlecki at WFBMC in Winston Salem NC

Doubleb

Postby Doubleb » Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:02 am

I am two weeks post op implant by Dr. Aaron Lentz, Duke Hospital Raleigh. He and his staff have been fantastic so far. He does a lot of these and knows what he's doing. I must say I was very surprised at how little post op pain I have had. Totally manageable with just Tylenol. I only ended up having to take one or two Oxycodone's maybe the first day. I don't know if it's just that I had an expectation pain would be worse or if he is a particularly skilled surgeon but I am very satisfied so far. I have my three week post op appointment next week and hope to begin cycling. I would highly recommend Dr. Lentz. I drove into Raleigh from about three hours away.
Radical Prostatectomy 4/2019 causing permanent ED.
Peyronie's 40 degree downward due to TriMix shots.
20 cm Coloplast Titan 4/3/2021.
Implanted by Dr. Aaron Lentz, Duke University, Raleigh NC.

Return to “Implants”