UltraSonogram (USG) in the lower abdomen - should I inform ahead that I have an implant and reservoir placed?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
proctor

UltraSonogram (USG) in the lower abdomen - should I inform ahead that I have an implant and reservoir placed?

Postby proctor » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:41 pm

Hi
Need to perform an USG in the lower abdomen. DO I have to tell them that I have an implant and a reservoir is placed in my abdomen? Is there any chance of damage due to USG?
Rigicon Infla 10 AX , 18 Cm, 2 RTE, 110 ml. Dr Andrew Kramer

Lost Sheep

Re: UltraSonogram (USG) in the lower abdomen - should I inform ahead that I have an implant and reservoir placed?

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:01 pm

If you don't tell them, they are sure to find it :o :shock: :lol:

Seriously, just tell them when you go in for the procedure so they will know what it is and are prepared to look past it (if that is necessary). There is no danger presented to the device or to you. It's not like putting metal foil in a microwave. They do ultrasounds to fetuses in utero.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

proctor

Re: UltraSonogram (USG) in the lower abdomen - should I inform ahead that I have an implant and reservoir placed?

Postby proctor » Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:12 am

Thanks LS. You are one of the most knowledgeable person in this forum
Rigicon Infla 10 AX , 18 Cm, 2 RTE, 110 ml. Dr Andrew Kramer

Patrick123

Postby Patrick123 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:26 am

Is there any medical exam that could be hazardous to our implant?
Mri , Ct etc. ?
I would inform before any of the above that I have an implant, as LS has said they will certainly find it haha !!
37Yrs young. ED for over 15yrs due lifelong venous issues. Tried tablets, injections etc. Implanted 04/2021. AMS LGX 18cm 3cmRTE.

Quincy

Postby Quincy » Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:31 pm

I've had one surgery, 1 ultrasound, and 2 CT scans in my pelvic are since getting my implant. Have also made a visit to the ER with lower abdominal issues. Each time, I thought it appropriate to tell the doctors and the people doing the scans. They seemed to appreciate the openness and upfront information. I'd do the same if I had it to do over again.

I also did some physical therapy in the pelvic area and the PT seemed glad to know that there were differences in my body that he'd have to account for.

Most of the people doing these things have seen everything, including things like men pushing things up one orifice or another. A penile implant is a sound medical solution to a real medical problem. Nothing to be squeamish about, IMO.

Good luck with whatever is causing the problem.

Quincy.
71, Boise area, Married
ED from type 2 diabetes and PCa radiation.
AMS LGX surgery 6/5/18 with Edward Karpman in Silicon Valley, 18cm+3RTE

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:17 pm

Patrick123 wrote:Is there any medical exam that could be hazardous to our implant?
Mri , Ct etc. ?
I would inform before any of the above that I have an implant, as LS has said they will certainly find it haha !!

You ask a good question. I'll give you my laymans opinion. Of all the devices that I know of that are commonly implanted in people. It sure looks to me like IPP's are very simple & made from benign materials. No batteries or exotic metals. Might not even be a spring in the pump. Tubing has been implanted for ages. That leaves the cylinders & they appear to be extremely well tolerated by the body so I don't think any of the scanning method would change that.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

evank64052

Postby evank64052 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:32 pm

The answer to your question should be in a card given you by your doctor. MRI is the only modality that there is a caution warning. Your implant reads the same as a Titan (Medtronic) with a conditional warning. That means to a MR tech, I want to see a card, as mentioned, or an ops (operation report) to identify the manufacturer and model number. That will then send the tech to the computer to look up any and all implants. That website, or book, is "Shellock". He is the god of MRI safety. CT, US, Xray will have no effect on the implant but an MR may increase the temperature due to cylinders, the hose mechanism or the pump. A good tech, knows they have a limited amount of time, may elect to turn down the SARs (specific absorption rate) which is what increases the temperature. SARs tells the magnetic how hard you want to hit a specific piece of anatomy, the number of echoes obtaining the images, etc. There are certain protocols in MR imaging that won't be used (ie, diffusion) because of the increase in SAR or possible artifact given off by the implant which makes the images non-diagnostic. So, back to your question. Get the card from your doctor about you implant. It will save the tech time and be a lot safer.

Agfa13

Postby Agfa13 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:19 pm

Had to revive this because, although its my head that will be having the MRI/MRA, do they need to know of my Titan implant?
Ag, 58, Maryland
Document with BEFORE/after pics
AMS cx 24cm, Titan malleable, Titan Legacy on 3/2/20 (20cm/bilat 2cm RTE/ 75 cc)
Face pic on pg. 22: names and faces; dick pics on pg 7/41: Dick of day
Smaller dick, but can fuck without fail :lol: :D

Return to “Implants”