Surgeon has advised a 2 piece not 3 piece

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Dwoody1977

Surgeon has advised a 2 piece not 3 piece

Postby Dwoody1977 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:17 am

Hi
After a phone call this morning my surgeon has advised me too go for the 2 piece pump implant I was going for the Titan 3 piece .. but 2 years ago I had a double transplant kidney and pancreas and he said the risk is higher of any damage due to my transplant .now my mind and hope to getting this Ed sorted is very low now and I’m looking for some advice …
Has anybody got advice on the 2 piece implant I’m concerned it’s not going to be as hard as the three piece also not as affective as the 3 piece
What’s the downside to having the 2 piece implant? And not the 3 piece ?
Thanks in advance

Lost Sheep

Re: Surgeon has advised a 2 piece not 3 piece

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:06 pm

It will be easier to live with than the malleable (semi-rigid) implant.

There are articles on the internet discussing the two-piece. Here is one.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5313299/

As I recall, the main drawback is the girth. I figure it this way: Since the amount of saline in the reservoir is limited, the inflated size is limited. Since no one wants to give up length, girth suffers. But at least you have an erection rigid enough for penetrative sex.

Discuss with your surgeon using a "tissue-sparing" technique for the implant. This may be able to preserve some of your cavernosum tissue to help fill out your erection.

Another article contains this summary
https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-proced ... c-20384916

Type of penile implant Pros Cons

Three-piece inflatable

Creates the most natural, rigid erection
Provides flaccidity when deflated
Has more parts that could malfunction than does any other implant
Requires a reservoir inside the abdomen

Two-piece inflatable

Provides flaccidity when deflated
Is mechanically more complicated than is a semirigid implant
Provides less firm erections than does a three-piece implant

Semirigid rod

Has a low chance of malfunction due to the small number of parts
Is easy to use for those with limited mental or manual dexterity
Results in a penis that is always slightly rigid
Puts constant pressure on the inside of the penis, which can cause injury
Can be difficult to conceal under clothing
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:57 pm

Not too long ago there was a man that had some kind of artery surgery in his lower abdomen. He was facing a similar issue concerning the pump placement for a 3 piece implant. Might be usefull to search in the history to read what his research came up with. There is also a chance that he still checks FT & might answer a message sent to him.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Agfa13

Postby Agfa13 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:24 pm

I got the 2-piece for a while, so all I can tell you is of limited experience.
But let me ask you, what do you mean by effective as the 3 piece?

What LS laid out is correct, less moving parts to deal with, so less chance of anything going wrong. Healing is much, much faster, and barring any issues, playtime is right around the corner.
The drawbacks, as I see it, is that it is skinnier than the 3-piece, and you give up flexibility. All you do is raise it up to play, and tuck it away when done. but its still the same size. There is no way to get girth, and you stay the same length...always.
For me, I was also very sensitive to the length. I was robbed of 2 inches and when Dr. Kramer put it in, it was barely what I wanted.
I used it, but when I put it away, it was always pressing against my underwear or pants and drove me bananas!
Then you have engorgement of your glans.

Now please, let me stress that I am not like you, I had no issues, going in, except infection, so please, just write down what I mentioned, but take it with a grain of salt!
He did mention the greater risk of damage...you had a transplant, I did not...

As for hardness, I would not worry too much about that. Unless you plan on fucking a brick wall, I think a 2 piece is good enough for sex. Hell, I even had anal sex with it!
Ag, 58, Maryland
Document with BEFORE/after pics
AMS cx 24cm, Titan malleable, Titan Legacy on 3/2/20 (20cm/bilat 2cm RTE/ 75 cc)
Face pic on pg. 22: names and faces; dick pics on pg 7/41: Dick of day
Smaller dick, but can fuck without fail :lol: :D

Dwoody1977

Postby Dwoody1977 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:30 pm

Hi thank you for the reply ..this has really fried my head since the call from the surgeon
I think my myself I havnt got a big girth flaccid and I’m really worried although length should be restored eventually I can’t see me being happy with the girth I have while flaccid the same as when hard .. I’m really hoping he is going to advise me to go for the two piece and that the final choice will be mine as to weather I take the risk to have the 3 piece or not ..I would sign a disclaimer to say I understood the risks before hand …. As far as asking to know if I can still preform the same with a two piece I should have put it different .. will I still be able to please a woman the same with this less girth and hardness …as a man sex for me is all about the woman I get all the pleasure I need from seeing them satisfied if I have an orgasm after that’s a bonus
Darren

wolfpacker

Postby wolfpacker » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:47 pm

Darren, maybe consider a phone consult with Dr Eid. He is considered by many to be the best in the business, and a phone appointment with him is about $400. If I were in your shoes, I would want his take on whether a 2 piece is absolutely necessary in your case.
Early 30s with ED for years from penis enlargement stretching and jelqing. Implant by Dr Eid on 24 June 2021 with a Titan 24cm with +1cm RTE on one side and -1cm cut off on the other side

My journal: viewtopic.php?t=17202

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:39 pm

Dwoody1977 wrote:Hi thank you for the reply ..this has really fried my head since the call from the surgeon
I think my myself I havnt got a big girth flaccid and I’m really worried although length should be restored eventually I can’t see me being happy with the girth I have while flaccid the same as when hard .. I’m really hoping he is going to advise me to go for the two piece and that the final choice will be mine as to weather I take the risk to have the 3 piece or not ..I would sign a disclaimer to say I understood the risks before hand …. As far as asking to know if I can still preform the same with a two piece I should have put it different .. will I still be able to please a woman the same with this less girth and hardness …as a man sex for me is all about the woman I get all the pleasure I need from seeing them satisfied if I have an orgasm after that’s a bonus
Darren

Darren, Dwoody1977,

You are right to be concerned about girth. Girth is said to be more important to a woman than length.

I am not sure if a telephone consult (as suggested by wolfpacker) would be sufficient. (My opinion) A physical exam (probably a sonogram as well) might be necessary to determine the locations of everything that might be in the way of an implant. However, I have found Dr Eid quite willing to advise prospective patients by email (at no cost). A (VERY) brief description of your question (he is, after all very busy) would likely give you an idea if pursuing an in-office visit with Dr Eid would be worthwhile. I found him to be quite generous and accommodating once he was convinced I was serious.

I suggest emailing Dr Eid to ask if a (A) telephone consult would do for your question or (B) an in-office visit would be necessary or if (C) the three-piece would be out of the question at all. I believe he would answer A, B or C by email and you can proceed from there.

Dr. Eid is an excellent surgeon, adept at fixing failed implants and working around difficulties. His expertise is in implants, but I bet general abdominal surgery would not daunt him.

I wish you well.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

AST2123

Postby AST2123 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:34 am

I understand your doctor's concern about possibility of having an infection, and also your fear of any impact to the transplant.
I had inguinal hernia repairs on both sides. The left side has a mesh, and the right-side one, which was performed about 15 years ago, may need a future repair with a mesh as well, as it has small opening.
Locating the reservoir was a kind of challenge in my case. I agreed with the surgeon to put it on the left side, while avoiding to touch the mesh.
Your implant doctor may need info about which kidney was replaced, and if there is a room to insert the reservoir without being closer to where the transplanted kidney and pancreas, then you are good to go with the 3-piece implant.
As Lost Sheep suggested, get a second opinion from an experience doctor like Eid. It can make a difference.
Finally Bionic
52y old. RP Oct. 2017. Pills didn't work. Trimix failed after a couple of times. Have inguinal hernia repair on both sides. Implanted AMS CX, 21 cm+1 cm RTE, by Dr. Kai Li at KP, VA, Jan. 2021. New username FinallyBionic

Dwoody1977

Postby Dwoody1977 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:54 am

Thanks everybody for their advice I will contact my surgeon and have the concerns out with him ..I’ve found a few posts of men on franktalk who has the 2 piece fitted they hav3 answered a few questions but I’ll defiantly have these conversations with my surgeons
Thanks everybody
Really helpfull

AST2123

Postby AST2123 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:34 pm

AST2123 wrote:I understand your doctor's concern about possibility of having an infection, and also your fear of any impact to the transplant.
I had inguinal hernia repairs on both sides. The left side has a mesh, and the right-side one, which was performed about 15 years ago, may need a future repair with a mesh as well, as it has small opening.
Locating the reservoir was a kind of challenge in my case. I agreed with the surgeon to put it on the left side, while avoiding to touch the mesh.
Your implant doctor may need info about which kidney was replaced, and if there is a room to insert the reservoir without being closer to where the transplanted kidney and pancreas, then you are good to go with the 3-piece implant.
As Lost Sheep suggested, get a second opinion from an experience doctor like Eid. It can make a difference.

Sorry, I missed Wolfpacker's post. I mentioned Lost Sheep, but can see that Wolfpacker was the first to suggest a phone call with dr. Eid.
Finally Bionic
52y old. RP Oct. 2017. Pills didn't work. Trimix failed after a couple of times. Have inguinal hernia repair on both sides. Implanted AMS CX, 21 cm+1 cm RTE, by Dr. Kai Li at KP, VA, Jan. 2021. New username FinallyBionic

Return to “Implants”