Deflating

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Bobsbug4

Deflating

Postby Bobsbug4 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:15 pm

I’m struggling to deflate my AMS 700 cx. It never gets completely delayed. No matter what I try I always seem to have a stubby semi erection. Is always a little uncomfortable. Is this typical of this model. I’ve been told that it is. Any tips?
68 years old. Have had ED for about 30 years. Tried all the pills successful for a while had to move on to injections, developed bad peyronies. Implant on 7/1/21. Hoping for success

Lost Sheep

Re: Deflating

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:47 pm

Take measurements, please, and report back to us.

Length and girth inflated.

Length and girth deflated (as thoroughly as you can manage)

Your deflation method. (release the valve, how do you squeeze the penis down, stuff like that)

You are only a couple weeks post-op. Things will get softer over time.

You do want to deflate as thoroughly as possible to prevent a scar tissue capsule to form around the reservoir. That would make complete deflation very difficult forever.

Discuss with your surgeon and the AMS patient liaison.

Read through old posts (at least 4-5 years worth). You are not the first man to experience this and some may not be here any more. Their thoughts are only readable in those old posts.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Bobsbug4

Postby Bobsbug4 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:00 pm

Inflated is about 5.25 from pubic. Girth seems to be about 4.5 in. Deflated length about 4 “ and deflated girth is 4”. Actually last night the penis seem to go well except for pain and moving around. However, now inflating seem harder. The ball seems harder and tougher to squeeze. Takes me about 15 to 20 pumps. Also painful. Keeping it erect for 30 minutes is very painful as well. Is all this the norm?
68 years old. Have had ED for about 30 years. Tried all the pills successful for a while had to move on to injections, developed bad peyronies. Implant on 7/1/21. Hoping for success

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:45 pm

Bobsbug4 wrote:Inflated is about 5.25 from pubic. Girth seems to be about 4.5 in. Deflated length about 4 “ and deflated girth is 4”. Actually last night the penis seem to go well except for pain and moving around. However, now inflating seem harder. The ball seems harder and tougher to squeeze. Takes me about 15 to 20 pumps. Also painful. Keeping it erect for 30 minutes is very painful as well. Is all this the norm?

The dimensions seem about right. But you might be able to get it down further with a bit more effort.

With my LGX, when deflated by simply allowing the pressure between reservoir and implant to equalize, my penis is about an inch shorter than inflated. But when I squeeze it down it gets to the point where it feels like a stretched-out deflated toy balloon. But it takes quite a bit of through squeezing. At that point it flops around quite flaccid.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:01 am

Get used to being a shower. You sound like previously were a grower. ALSO it has only been 19 days since surgery. Give it time to heal and swelling to go down.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

Return to “Implants”