Changing Implant Models

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Bandit

Re: Changing Implant Models

Postby Bandit » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:04 pm

Lost sheep wrote
Coloplast would have been better (since I have learned some new facts after my surgery

Lost sheep
I also have the lgx and wondered if i would be better served to switch over to coloplast. Just wondering what facts you have learned that may make you lean that way too. I have a solid 6” with my lgx 18cm with 1.5 rte and the girth is over 5.5”. I wear my lgx flaccid with 3-4 pumps as it feels more comfortable. I dont know if im just having a grass is greener moment when i consider the change. And btw, wont be until im ready for revision. My lgx is just over 4 years old and going strong.
Bandit
Born 1958, married. Prostate Cancer. RRP November/2014. PSA undetectable since. Implant May/2017 AMS700LGX 18 cm + 1.5 cm RTEs.

SW0110

Postby SW0110 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:21 pm

Well if ihave a choice in it, I am going back to a titan and hoping for 21cm cylinders and no rtes.

Oh, love their pump. Cylinders took me several months to get even close to comfortable with them. Like just about the 10 month mark when right after hernia surgery, no more saline in the reservoir.

I had a pretty good peyronies curve. Straight as an arrow with the titan.

AMS cylinders are not stiff enough to straighten my natural curve, which came back. So while they are hard, not strong enough for curves, or at least mine. I am sure they are for some, just not mine.

But ams cylinders are a lot softer. When you pull it out to piss, it is pretty easy to work it out of the pants as it bends easier. The titan was a bit stiffer and had to be manipulated more.

As for, again just me but I have zero difference non pumped. I look exactly the same now with my AMS as my old titan.

Good luck.
18 cm plus 1 rte titan installed March 2019. Revision March 2020 by Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY. He replaced the titan with an AMS 700 LGX 18 cm cylinder plus 2 rte for 20 cm total length.

Vagabond127

Postby Vagabond127 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:38 pm

SWO1110 thanks for your feedback
Implanted with Titan 1/15/19 with Dr. Eid.
6-length 4.5-girth.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:47 pm

Bandit wrote:Lost sheep wrote
Coloplast would have been better (since I have learned some new facts after my surgery

Lost sheep
I also have the lgx and wondered if i would be better served to switch over to coloplast. Just wondering what facts you have learned that may make you lean that way too. I have a solid 6” with my lgx 18cm with 1.5 rte and the girth is over 5.5”. I wear my lgx flaccid with 3-4 pumps as it feels more comfortable. I dont know if im just having a grass is greener moment when i consider the change. And btw, wont be until im ready for revision. My lgx is just over 4 years old and going strong.
Bandit

I often wear my LGX partially inflated. My girlfriend likes it (though does not like the idea that I could be inadvertently "advertising" to other women.

The Coloplast is said to be more appropriate (this is my understanding, which may be a bit confused) for a man whose Tunica Albuginea is in good condition. As I understand it, this is because the AMS devices are made of a polyester fabric as the structural base. (Same stuff they make sailcloth of because it does not stretch- Dacron is the trade name.) The Coloplast is made of a plastic (Bioflex, a proprietary material) that expands until it reaches the tunica. This supposedly allows the man's Tunica to be the structural member that supports the erection. Whereas the AMS devices are the tubes made stiff by internal pressure and if a man's Tunica is larger diameter, that is simply wasted volume unless he has some blood flow there to fill it out. Keep in mind that this is a lot of surmising and supposition on my part.

I have read a lot of men complaining about how difficult it is to live with the Coloplast when in clothes and not engaging in sex. Looking back over my past years with the LGX, I think I would not have very many problems. I wear my penis pointed up in supportive underwear that keeps my penis close to my belly. When deploying for urination I don't use the fly (never had any use for it, too much fumbling around in briefs and no advantage over pulling up the leg-hole in moxers. What I do is pull the waistband down. My penis just falls right out, ready to pee.

The smaller pump of the Coloplast is an advantage. The problems Coloplast has had trying to get their valve design right is a deterrent. But they are getting better with each passing redesign.

Still, the LGX does allow me to have my penis, when uninflated, in a very playful "squishy toy" mode for my girlfriend and is less conspicuous in a locker room.

The Coloplast is arguably stiffer when inflated than either AMS device for two reasons. The material itself gives a marginal advantage. The other (and to my mind greater argument) is that the Coloplast is/can be a larger diameter than the AMS devices. Larger diameter perforce translates to a stiffer column. Look up the engineering terms, "Column Buckling Strength" and "Beam Strength". It is just geometry. Both devices are stiffened by internal pressure from the fluid inside them. At any given pressure, a greater diameter will be stiffer at the same length. Having said that, every model, LGX, CX and Coloplast Titan all can be inflated to the point where they are unbendable with any force that can be applied during human sex..
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Vagabond127

Postby Vagabond127 » Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:33 pm

Lost Sheep-thanks for your great perspective. On another topic have you had any experiences going through security at the airport as well as experience with MRI's?
6-length 4.5-girth.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:14 am

Vagabond127 wrote:Lost Sheep-thanks for your great perspective. On another topic have you had any experiences going through security at the airport as well as experience with MRI's?

You are welcome.

I have had no issues at all with airport security, or courtrooms or Federal Building scanners either. There have been a couple of threads on Franktalk about TSA in which some members have related having issues. Look them up. I don't have links, sorry.

I have had a couple of MRS's since implantation. I just tell them I have a penile implant and no one ever raised an eyebrow. They ask the mode. look it up in their reference materials and I go on ahead.

I did tell my dentist (medical history questionnaire) and left out the fact it was a penile implant. He was surprized since I have been his patient for several years and knew HE had not implanted a tooth, so started digging around my molars until I told him where the implant was. Nothing more was said. Medical professionals are, by and large, very professional and if they are surprised by anything, rarely show it. Never, in my experience.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Vagabond127

Postby Vagabond127 » Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:28 am

Thanks again
6-length 4.5-girth.

vajim1

Postby vajim1 » Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:16 am

With my Titan I am 6.5" flaccid and I let it hang down my right pant leg and I do go commando
all the time> :)
76 year old fart. Prostate removed Oct. 9, 2017,Psa 30 days after .15 next Psa .2. 37 Radiation treatments for recurrent cancer, 1 year out Psa .033 ZERO ERECTIONS, implanted Sept 5 2019 Dr. Lentz Duke Raleigh N.C. Titan 22cm.

Bandit

Postby Bandit » Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:20 am

Lost sheep
Thanks for your input. Your research on issues is second to none. So, the lack of stretching for girth would account for the loose skin on my erection and therefore based on what you are saying, the coloplast would likely increase my girth. So when/if a revision is warranted i will be looking hard at the coloplast as well. But just want to add that given my ED due to cancer, i have been satisfied with a very useable lgx implant which has gotten my erection just about back to my original length. Thanks again !
Bandit
Born 1958, married. Prostate Cancer. RRP November/2014. PSA undetectable since. Implant May/2017 AMS700LGX 18 cm + 1.5 cm RTEs.

Return to “Implants”