PROGNOSIS FOR PEYRONIE'S AFTER IMPLANT

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
cgdirector

PROGNOSIS FOR PEYRONIE'S AFTER IMPLANT

Postby cgdirector » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:44 pm

I'm 7 months post-implant surgery. Prior to the surgery I had 2 PD curvatures/deformities: I had a lateral/left bend of about 40 degrees that originated from roughly the middle of the shaft. I had a second curvature upwards of 50-60 degrees that originated from about 1 1/2 inches behind the glans. The surgeon performed intraoperative modeling of the deformities during the implant surgery. As it stands now, the left/lateral curvature is gone and has been since day 1 post-operatively. However, the 2nd curvature still remains at about 40-45 degrees.

I was hoping that consistent daily cycling would help in decreasing the curvature (on most days, I cycle 2x/day for at least 30 minutes fully inflated). The issue is that when fully inflated, the curvature causes pain as the cylinders remain straight. My questions are:

1) Have any of you who had PD prior to surgery (and still some deformity post-operatively) been able to
decrease/eliminate the curvature with cycling?

2) Have any of you had any other procedure(s) done post-implant to correct the deformity?

Thanks!!!!
54 yr. old with PD Implanted with Coloplast Titan One Touch 18 + 2 RTE 11/23/2020.

Lost Sheep

Re: PROGNOSIS FOR PEYRONIE'S AFTER IMPLANT

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:50 pm

cgdirector wrote:I'm 7 months post-implant surgery. Prior to the surgery I had 2 PD curvatures/deformities: I had a lateral/left bend of about 40 degrees that originated from roughly the middle of the shaft. I had a second curvature upwards of 50-60 degrees that originated from about 1 1/2 inches behind the glans. The surgeon performed intraoperative modeling of the deformities during the implant surgery. As it stands now, the left/lateral curvature is gone and has been since day 1 post-operatively. However, the 2nd curvature still remains at about 40-45 degrees.

I was hoping that consistent daily cycling would help in decreasing the curvature (on most days, I cycle 2x/day for at least 30 minutes fully inflated). The issue is that when fully inflated, the curvature causes pain as the cylinders remain straight. My questions are:

1) Have any of you who had PD prior to surgery (and still some deformity post-operatively) been able to
decrease/eliminate the curvature with cycling?

2) Have any of you had any other procedure(s) done post-implant to correct the deformity?

Thanks!!!!

"Modeling" is effective after implant surgery, also. Ask your physician about it. I believe the most common procedure is to inflate the implant and then model/bend the penis to correct the curvature. Degree of inflation, how often and how vigorously you do this should be determined in consult with your medical care team.

Note: I do not have Peyronie's Disease. This is what I have gleaned from my readings on the matter. Some from medical journals, but mostly from posts in Franktalk and Urotalk/forums. I jumped in here because you did not mention post-implant modeling in your post.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

SteveSW

Postby SteveSW » Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:00 pm

I had severe Peyronie's with a very large dorsal plaque mass which ran almost two thirds the length of my penis and as wide as the shaft toward the base. This caused a 90 degree bend to the left (which I partially corrected with traction over several years), with a pronounced upward curve. Imagine a banana which twisted to the left. According to my surgeon I still have a 60 degree curve to the left. Coming out of surgery he said it was reduced to 30 degrees. His notes say that he did 3 long sessions of modelling in surgery to break up the plaque mass. Consistent cycling (2 one hour session a day, sometimes 3) have mostly straightened me out. However, there is still some curvature near the glans, and the doctor showed me how to perform modelling, and that seems to be slowly helping. I still have some upward curve, but I have seen many dicks curve more with a natural erection and I am unconcerned.
20 years of severe Peyronie's plaque, 90 curve, hinging and ED. Cost me 1.5" L and 1" G.
Implanted 2/18/21, AMS CX, 18 CM + 3 RTE, penoscrotal. Have gained 3/4". Gay, married, age 68.

cgdirector

Postby cgdirector » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:03 am

Thanks for your inputs @Lost Sheep and @SteveSW!
54 yr. old with PD Implanted with Coloplast Titan One Touch 18 + 2 RTE 11/23/2020.

peyroniesjr

Postby peyroniesjr » Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:41 am

Good morning cgdirector,

Ask your doctor if you should be inflating & try bending your penis in the opposite direction of the curve. My doctor told me to do that in order to straighten my penis. My curve before the implant was at 70 degrees & it was curved a little after the implant & when I was inflated I would try to bend it in the opposite direction of the curve & hold it there in that direction for so many seconds. My penis is straight no signs of PD.

Talk to your doctor, good luck!

Junior
Implant Titan 2/21/2020 / 67 yrs / Married 44 yrs /ED / Peyronies 70 degrees - Xiaflex/ Low T / & RALP 4/1/2019 (Nerve Sparing)

Return to “Implants”