AMS or Titan

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Jpcfrank

AMS or Titan

Postby Jpcfrank » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:46 am

This might be a difficult question as I can't imagine anyone out there who has had both....

But for those implanted how did you choose between AMS and Titan ?

I had my urologist appointment last week (I'm in the UK) it's clear surgeon has a preference for AMS with his reasoning being that it's more discreet and not as obvious that you have an implant when flaccid. He had both models and showed me what he meant. AMS does appear to be softer and potentially more natural looking

Anyone else know much about the difference between the 2 and which you picked if you did have a choice.

Thanks in advance for the help
AMS 700 CX
21+ 4cm
Implanted 01/09/21

wolfpacker

Re: AMS or Titan

Postby wolfpacker » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:00 am

He is correct, the AMS is better in the flacid state, however the Titan is arguably better in the erect state. Dr Francois Eid in NYC, probably the best implant surgeon in the world, only uses the titan because he believes it results in a better looking erect penis, more rigid, and also thicker in girth. The downside is that in the flacid state, it is more like a semi-erection where the AMS does get much more flacid like you said. Just depends on what's more important to you.
Early 30s with ED for years from penis enlargement stretching and jelqing. Implant by Dr Eid on 24 June 2021 with a Titan 24cm with +1cm RTE on one side and -1cm cut off on the other side

My journal: viewtopic.php?t=17202

Txagq8

Postby Txagq8 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:40 pm

I was all set to have a doc at Baylor Scott & White in Temple, Texas install a Titan when s scheduling problem pushed me back into the next year.

I needed to get it done in 2019 because we had hit catastrophic cap on insurance and my insurance would cover the whole thing, no copay.

So I went to Urology guy Austin and let their implant guy, who is a reasonably high volume guy (100ish a year) do me. Only thing, he is sold on AMS. He convinced me to have an LGX put in.

If you don’t mind less than 6” of girth, I’m pretty much convinced that AMS is the way to go. Especially the LGX. I miss having a 6” thick beer-canish pecker. But a completely reliable tool with 5.5” of thickness is adequate consolation.

My LGX really does emulate an actual cock. Soft it looks soft. Hard it stands up and displays a nice angry red glans. It does get some bigger after pumping and shrinks a little when deflated. Granted, it’s much larger soft than this poor grower used to be in the bad old days.

And 18 months after being beaten in the operating room (I’m joking, I bruised bad and accused doctor of taking me out to parking lot and running over me several times with his Suburban) I have to admit the doc knew his stuff. He stretched me a little, measured 13.5 cm, and said this is what your flaccid will be. Then he pulled on it hard and measured 16 cm and said this will be your final erect size. I ended up at 16.5 cm but I figure that’s pretty close for simply tanking hard on a guy’s pecker in the examining room. I was max 17 cm before.

If this one lasts 8 or 10 years I’ll probsbly get another AMS. If it quits in six months I might try a Titan. But for someone who is comfortable with having an implant that isn’t much different than the original equipment in looks and function, then AMS. Thickness is important, but there is such a thing as thick enough. You don’t have to have on 6 or 7 inches in circumference to do what you need to do.
Robust, adolescent 65 year old. Venous leakage forever. Used shots, shots+pills 30+ years. Married to same wife ~35 yrs. Implanted 31Dec2019 in Austin Tx. AMS 700 LGX 18 cm with 5 cm RTE.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:25 pm

Jpcfrank wrote:This might be a difficult question as I can't imagine anyone out there who has had both....

But for those implanted how did you choose between AMS and Titan ?

I had my urologist appointment last week (I'm in the UK) it's clear surgeon has a preference for AMS with his reasoning being that it's more discreet and not as obvious that you have an implant when flaccid. He had both models and showed me what he meant. AMS does appear to be softer and potentially more natural looking

Anyone else know much about the difference between the 2 and which you picked if you did have a choice.

Thanks in advance for the help

Welcome to the forum, Jpcfrank.

There actually have been a few members here who have had both (in succession, of course).

I encourage you to read through past threads. You will find there have been several discussions over the pros and cons of the AMS devices and the Coloplast devices. You will find information there you will not learn from current members (because those members may not be currently active). So, rather than wait until current members respond, you can get a huge bolus of information by looking in past threads. It only takes a few days of casual (but diligent) reading to accomplish this. Just pick subject lines that look promising.

Pay particular attention to posts from Merrix. He has a Coloplast Titan and swears by it and he is VERY well researched on the issues.

Happy hunting.

The main features that differentiate the Coloplast Titan and the AMS offerings, the LGX and the CX are

The Titan is Tunica-dependent and the AMS devices are Tunica independent. I am not entirely clear on what that means, so I will not obscure that issue. I got that statement from Dr. Eid, one of the preeminent implanters in this country.

The AMS devices are made of a polyester (essentially Dacron) weave coated inside and out with surgical silicone. The weave is different between the CX and LGX, allowing the LGX to expand lengthwise a little (between uninflated and inflated states). The material is flexible when it is not stressed by inflation, so the flaccid state is fairly natural-looking. The Coloplast Titan is made of a plastic material (proprietary formula) they call "Bioflex" and is a bit stiff even when uninflated, so the flaccid state is still a bit of a challenge to hide, deploy for urination and appears to be semi-erect all the time, especially for the first several months. After a few months, it does soften up (flaccid) but still never as flaccid as the AMS devices.

Being of a stiffer material and expanding to a larger diameter (typically 18mm for the AMS devices and 21mm for the Coloplast), the Coloplast Titan has a greater column (buckling) strength and beam (bending) moment than the AMS devices, so for longer penises, the Coloplast is generally preferred. Also, for penises with kinks or bends (Peyronie's Disease) the Coloplast Titan gives a therapeutic straightening force.

The valves to inflate and deflate are different between the AMS and Coloplast devices as well.

There are plenty of other differences which you will find in the discussions I recommended you go back and read.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

RayChez

Postby RayChez » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:45 pm

I have had AMS now three times and I have been very happy with the cylinders, Never had any problem with the Ultrex which lasted fifteen years, then I believe the pump failed. Second was the AMS LGX with MS pump and I noticed right away on that MS pump was going to give problems because the valve was sticking and I was right, ten months later the pump stayed stuck and I had another revision different surgeon and he done more then just change the MS pump. He pulled the cylinders more into the gland, I would say about half an inch more and he just compensated on the base with rte spacers. Third time was a charm. He done the perfect implant a man can have. I got a good solid eight incher and I have 5.7 inch girth. Pull it up and it goes about an inch past my belly button. He put the MS pump right where I told him I wanted it by past experience of the pump being a little on the high side. I told him I wanted it down on the base of the scrotum and it is the perfect spot for the pump. I can not see how a Titan can be any harder then the LGX. Mine when pumped to the maximum is solid as a rock. Actually I really do not like to have sex with such a solid penis, but to each his own.

I also asked why some use AMS and why some use Titan. He told me what ever the hospital has ordered is what we use. The material used by the AMS also has an antibiotic on it which keeps you from getting an infection, which sold me on my first implant. Either implant is much better then injections or pills.
age: 75 First implant around 2001, 59 at the time. AMS 700 Ultrex
revision Dec 2016. 2ND implant 21CM, 1rte AMS 700 LGX MS pump

GoodWood

Postby GoodWood » Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:43 pm

I’m thinking more seriously about implant as well.

If I can keep my 6” girth with an AMS I would prefer that for the more natural flaccid.
If I need the Coloplast to preserve my girth that’s what I’ll get.
55yo, NYC. ED started at 40. 50 units BiMix + Atropine (Pap 30/Phen 6/Atr 0.2). Prostaglandins caused aching. Doses increasing. A cock ring helps. Phallosan Forte tension devise to maintain size. Eager to talk about implant experiences.

FMLFML85

Postby FMLFML85 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:47 pm

Last edited by FMLFML85 on Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SW0110

Postby SW0110 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:17 pm

I have had both. Pros and cons to each. Very detailed comments on both if you search my threads.

Titan will keep you straighter if you have peyronies. Love the small pump. Takes getting used to as it is stiffer. A lot stiffer.

Ams 700 so much more comfortable cylinders. Hate the pump. Large and blocky. Much bigger than titan.

Both are really hard. Period.

Not sure what size you are but both gave me after a year my pre ed size back. About 7 long and 5.5 girth. That was my normal. Do not look for an enhancement to your pre ed size. Might get it might not.

Fyi. I do this again on a revision. If my doc does it at time. I am going back to titan and hoping for 21 cm cylinders.

Luck.
18 cm plus 1 rte titan installed March 2019. Revision March 2020 by Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY. He replaced the titan with an AMS 700 LGX 18 cm cylinder plus 2 rte for 20 cm total length.

Smetro

Postby Smetro » Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:04 pm

4.5 years down the track.......absolutely no issues with my Titan.....it conceals nicely if I want it to or I can leave a few pumps ‘in’ to impress if I choose.
I guess the question is whether you are getting an implant to look good flaccid (which mine does btw) or to be able to fuck with the largest and hardest cock you will ever have.
The choice seems straightforward to me. If you have a cock big enough to take the Titan.......then just do it. Women who love sex will really benefit from the stiffness regardless of length......win win!
68,Titan Touch 22cm+1.5cm rte's op done in Melbourne Aust by Dr Chris Love-Feb 2017 Venous leakage over a 2 year period, did pills and Caverject. Length@ 3 1/2years is: 7+” erect, 6.5” flaccid and almost 6” girth. REZUM Feb 21 ejaculation now normal.

Return to “Implants”