Questions to ask the doctor

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
m2bozz

Questions to ask the doctor

Postby m2bozz » Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:43 pm

I will be having surgery August 16th. I am 39 and will be 40 in August. Unlike many of you I never have had sex ever before. When I asked the VA years ago they said its all in your head and you need a nice woman to please you. Easier said than done. This year when I finally had a beautiful girlfriend and I of course failed to have sex. Tried multiple times on different days. I was definitely excited and so ready. Well, I feel I might of lost her because I couldn't perform end of story. So I went back to the VA after years of not asking and through multiple appointments I tried all the pill options, VED, and muse. The VED is the only thing that partially works but is painful and wobbly. I searched through multiple forums and came up with a list of questions to ask my doctor. He wants to put in a Classic Titan and I think the OTR might be a better choice. Someone said the it is better for someone young. What do you guys think of the questions below. I also added my own commentary which I didn't add of course.

Will the resevoir be viewable on the outside abdomen? Saw this issue with one of the members.

Do you have to splice any connections or is the unit all self contained? It looks like some units come fully assembled without needing to splice. Sounds like the best option if it's possible.

What angle would the erection be fully inflated? I hope to have one at 2 o'clock.

Been reading with RTE's you can get a wobble and lower erection angle, How do you prevent it? Of course based on this forum and Dr Eid is not to install RTEs.

Will I be able to ride a bike in a few months? Everyone is different not expecting him to say much about this.

Will the pump be installed between the balls or to the side? It looks like most are between but I guess some have had it installed on the outside making it easier but noticeable.

You said you use an infra-pubic approach how do you limit hitting the dorsal nerve? It looks like the new infrapubic approach with a smaller incision it will be ok. Still wanted it do be scrotal because you would not see a scar. Getting two small surgeries in the past it takes years for the redness/ purpleness to go away or the scar just turns white years later.

The OTR looks like it has more benefits than the classic. It looks like you only have touch the button once and then squeeze to deflate. The classic you have to pinch buttons and squeeze to deflate. I would rather have the new OTR if you feel comfortable with that install. Nothing to add on this one.

Will I lose any length or girth when fully erect? It sounds like it could be possible. I am 6 and half bone press now. It sounds like some top surgeons can keep your pre op size.

Do you test the device before closing up the incision? It looks like most doctors do. I sure hope he does. He has a lot of medical journals with his name.

Do the tips of the implants go all the way to the tip of the penis? How far back in the body do they go? From what I gathered a inch or two back and inside the head of the penis. Am I correct?

m2bozz

Re: Questions to ask the doctor

Postby m2bozz » Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:41 pm

Anyone able to recommend the classic vs OTR?

Time2Change

Postby Time2Change » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:22 pm

These all sound like good questions to ask. It's better, in my opinion, to go into this surgery well-informed.
55; ED for 22+ years; Coloplast Titan implant on 10/26/20; Dr. Martin Gross; Happy to share my experiences in private messages

crazyjoe

Postby crazyjoe » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:43 am

Put yer shoes on and take a hike spammer
75, used pills, injections -- all lost effectiveness. Titan implanted by Eid in Feb '22.

Return to “Implants”