Pain!!

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Toby799

Pain!!

Postby Toby799 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:27 am

Hi guys, I'm almost two weeks post implant. I had taken two weeks off work but my pain levels are still pretty bad and am certainly going to need at least another week off work. At the moment, although I can get up, go to the shops etc. these activities invariably exacerbate the pain and I need to have a good lie down when I get back. Taking paracetamol and dihydrocodeine.

I had my activation yesterday and the nurse said that all looked well, no evidence of any infection and the pain levels were pretty good for this stage.

I was just wondering if any guys here who have an implant can remember how long it took for the pain to subside so that it's no longer life dominating? I'm hoping not too much longer! Thanks, Toby.

boots1959

Re: Pain!!

Postby boots1959 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:50 pm

Toby799 wrote:Hi guys, I'm almost two weeks post implant.

I was just wondering if any guys here who have an implant can remember how long it took for the pain to subside so that it's no longer life dominating? I'm hoping not too much longer! Thanks, Toby.

Hi Toby, For me the pain really started to subside around the 3-4week mark. A noticeable reduction in the aching in the scrotum. Also I was around 50% inflated for the first 5 weeks and being deflated at that time made wearing underwear and pants a lot more comfortable.
Boots.
Implanted AMS 700 lgx, Jan 15th 2021. 18cm with 3cm rte.

Enzo11

Postby Enzo11 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:18 pm

Yesterday was 3 weeks for me and almost instantly felt a big relief. Went back to work yesterday as well. Still slight discomfort but that’s to be expected. It will get better hand in there bud
40 years old from NY. Suffering for 5/6 years All pills,injections, shock wave, prp shot, pumps failed or stop working. VL recently confirmed. Implanted 5/21/21 Dr Eid

Toby799

Postby Toby799 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:10 am

Thanks guys, good to hear that I'm probably looking at one or two more weeks before ethinsg start to really settle down on the pain front... I shall hang in there :)

Raycaba

Postby Raycaba » Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:46 pm

I’m three months and still feel some pain. Especially around the tubing!

JiminFL

Postby JiminFL » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:46 am

I noticed a gradual decrease in pain each day starting at day 14. After 30 days I felt pretty close to normal....that first 2 weeks was brutal however & I began to wonder if it would ever ease off.
57yr old. In shape. Controlled hypertension. 20+ years of PDE5. TRT 4yrs. Trimix 2yrs. Titan 24cc implanted 8/25/20

KenJ1947

Postby KenJ1947 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:15 am

Toby799 wrote:Hi guys, I'm almost two weeks post implant. I had taken two weeks off work but my pain levels are still pretty bad and am certainly going to need at least another week off work. At the moment, although I can get up, go to the shops etc. these activities invariably exacerbate the pain and I need to have a good lie down when I get back. Taking paracetamol and dihydrocodeine.

I had my activation yesterday and the nurse said that all looked well, no evidence of any infection and the pain levels were pretty good for this stage.

My pain for practical purposes was gone after a week. At that point I hadn't taken anything for pain and didn't until 3 weeks post op when I took one for a toothache. I went back to work at 16 days post op. We are all different, if you can stay home, stay home. Follow your doctor's instructions basically. Best wishes and take care.
Married 50+ years, 75, ED for 10 years.

Dr Mark Allen, Plano, TX. Surgery at Baylor, Scott and White Frisco, TX. AMS 700 CX MS, 24 cm + 2 cm RTEs x 2.4 cm tubes, 100 ml reservoir.

4 grandkids (son 25, daughter 23, son 21, daughter 7).

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:42 am

Toby799 wrote:Thanks guys, good to hear that I'm probably looking at one or two more weeks before ethinsg start to really settle down on the pain front... I shall hang in there :)

Hopefully you'll feel better soon. It took me months to feel better, but that was a bad reaction to the antibiotic I believe. Thankfully I was retired already and didn't have to think about work. Doc left me inflated at 60% for 5 weeks which would have made it really tough to work in any profession.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

tolergl

Postby tolergl » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:44 am

It's been nine weeks and still pain and discomfort. I have been back to work for 7 of those weeks. The pain in constant like irritation and burning at times difficult to find comfortable ways to sit and do other things. Even when deflated it is hard and not very bendable. I have taken no pain pills. The pain got better until I started pumping every day at the six week mark and the pain got worse. I can keep pump for an hour but pain the entire time pump it up. Doctor indicated that should stop after two weeks it has not. I know it is very frustrating but all the other guys keep telling me it will get better and it is worth it. I hold on to that hope.

67 year old Ed for 10 years nothing worked pills injections pumps. Had surgery 4/13/2021 Colplast titan touch.

Return to “Implants”