question for guys with implants..

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Time2Change

Re: question for guys with implants..

Postby Time2Change » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:00 pm

I don't think, at 47, that a 50-60% success rate is good.

And it's only going to get worse. If I were you, I would go for it.
55; ED for 22+ years; Coloplast Titan implant on 10/26/20; Dr. Martin Gross; Happy to share my experiences in private messages

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:24 pm

You do know that you may not get any filling of your glans don't you. The PGE-1 in trimix caused me great pain. I went to bimix, but it didn't make me hard. I blended 6 units of my old trimix with 27 units of bimix and got a 3 hr erection (all Blood filled) with not to much pain. I wish I could get that again. My implant surgeon thought that the injections were causing plaque to develop into PD. Maybe from my allergy to PGE-1 in the trimix. I was completely out of options. Still miss my blood filled dick with all the sensitivity it had. Get all the knowledge you can before making the final leap. Good luck.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

jimmac

Postby jimmac » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:55 pm

I have enjoyed my implant since the beginning of 2021. Just long enough to know it was the right choice for me. In my opinion most women enjoy sex when it’s good. They don’t enjoy bad sex. When the erection fails or goes soft it doesn’t make for good sex. Many women will be kind, but I have to wonder what’s in it for them when it turns into anything ranging from disappointment to an ordeal. Many wives may stay with the marriage but sex becomes less and less frequent. I tried injections for several years with some success- which means some failures. I tried supplements, exercise and read and read. I wish I had done the implant ten years ago. It works 100% of the time. It’s slightly shorter but it’s so hard it’s slightly larger in diameter. It stays hard as long as I want and goes away when I want it to- no more running up and down three floors hoping the injected penis will go down. I waited until the likely benefits of surgery obviously outweighed the pain. I’ve learned there’s a difference between pain and discomfort. There was pain at first treated with a day or two of heavy pain medication. I got off that stuff ASAP. The rest was discomfort and getting familiar with everything down there. For me it was more than worth it. I hope this is helpful and wish you the best.

Smetro

Postby Smetro » Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:21 pm

Best decision I ever made.
4.5 years down the track and I actually think it has many advantages over my original......slightly larger and definitely stiffer.....the 7 women I have been involved with since becoming bionic to a T really love the stiffness and longevity of erection.....some need longer to orgasm and it works a treat for them........perhaps some wives might find it intimidating?
68,Titan Touch 22cm+1.5cm rte's op done in Melbourne Aust by Dr Chris Love-Feb 2017 Venous leakage over a 2 year period, did pills and Caverject. Length@ 3 1/2years is: 7+” erect, 6.5” flaccid and almost 6” girth. REZUM Feb 21 ejaculation now normal.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:25 pm

Smetro wrote:Best decision I ever made.
4.5 years down the track and I actually think it has many advantages over my original......slightly larger and definitely stiffer.....the 7 women I have been involved with since becoming bionic to a T really love the stiffness and longevity of erection.....some need longer to orgasm and it works a treat for them........perhaps some wives might find it intimidating?

Yes, some women would feel badly. One friend related to me an experience; when she made love with a guy who was not too drunk to have an erection but just drunk enough to not orgasm. She thought she was somehow inadequate and felt TERRIBLE about it.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:45 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:
Smetro wrote:Best decision I ever made.

Yes, some women would feel badly. One friend related to me an experience; when she made love with a guy who was not too drunk to have an erection but just drunk enough to not orgasm. She thought she was somehow inadequate and felt TERRIBLE about it.

Easy to understand her feelings. There is a female comedian on youtube. She does a skit where the premise is "the woody doesn't lie". Looking at most womens life experiences. They have surely learned that the woody is a pretty good barometer of a man. It would be easier to take on that blame than realize that yes the woody can lie. I.e. he desires her but the woody won't cooperate.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

rayhay

Postby rayhay » Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:50 am

Thank you guys for all the feedback! Its been extremely helpful. I'm definitely going for it! Just one change and that is i'm going with Dr EID. Got a confirmed date with him for 6/24. Thanks again everyone
47 suffering from ED for last 10 years due to hormonal issues that became pyschogenic Implanted 6/24/21 Dr Eid. Titan 24cm cylinder with 1.5cm RTE on one side and 24cm cylinder only on other.

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:20 am

rayhay wrote:Thank you guys for all the feedback! Its been extremely helpful. I'm definitely going for it! Just one change and that is i'm going with Dr EID. Got a confirmed date with him for 6/24. Thanks again everyone

Good Luck! Once you are healed you'll love being bionic.

My journey was pretty similar, pills then on to injections when the pills stopped working. Always hated the guessing game of do I need to take a pill tonight or having to stop once in the mood to go inject. When injections began to fail my research lead to implants, but wish I had found FT then and not 5 months after surgery.
Looking back if I had known anything about implants before starting injecting I probably would have done the surgery much sooner. Hated the pain injecting caused me, and when those started to fail it was really depressing to still suffer the pain and get nothing out of it.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

jersey58

Postby jersey58 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:58 pm

I just got implanted by Eid on 6/3. He is awesome and it looks great and works great. You're making the right decision. Living with uncertain erections is brutal psychologically and it will ruin relationships. I am almost 60 and I should have done this around your age.
59 years old. ED issues since young due to venous leak . Started pills in my mid 30s, did trimix injections for past 10 years. Developed peyronie’s about 30 degrees curve from injections. Coloplast Titan implanted by Dr. Eid June 3, 2021.

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:08 pm

rayhay wrote:Hey Guys,

Currently struggling with ED, Pills worked for about 10 years but now success is sporadic. Injections are effective but I unfortunately experience alot of pain and soreness from them.

i'm 47 years old and single. I have the implant surgery scheduled 6/18/21. The unreliability of my erection has got me to a place where im scared to approach women because of the pressure /fear of failure. Its taking a toll mentally and giving me a degree of depression. I've been examined and I don't have physical issues with my penis.. My ED is part hormonal imbalance and now Psychogenic..(tried hormone therapy/testosterone but got bad sides) I feel like ive exhausted all my option to function on a normal level and i'm settling on being subpar.

My question is for guys that took the step for the implant. Looking back... if you was in my shoes and you had the choice of keeping your natural penis working at a 50-60% success rate or taking the plunge to get an implant.. What would you do?

I guess im trying to figure out if an unreliable natural is considered better than an implant.

Thank you in advance for any feedback you can share.

If you read through the post you'll see that the one thing we all regretted most was waiting so long to get an implant.
DougAnd
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

Return to “Implants”