Did you tell your kids about Implant?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Gt1956

Re: Did you tell your kids about Implant?

Postby Gt1956 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:29 pm

I only have one comment. Since extensive bruising is common. How in the world are you going to hide that bruising from an intimate partner. Lets not even talk about walking gingerly & getting in & out of beds, chairs & cars. Hiding from your wife is about the most impossible thing to do that I can think of.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:37 pm

AussiePete wrote:As for my 3 daughters, no I didn't tell them and have no reason to believe that they'd want to know.

I don't wish to second-guess how you raise your daughters, so I offer this only as food for thought, not advice.

If your Daughters ever marry a man who some day does have some form of erectile irregularity, knowing that their Father successfully dealt with a similar problem might give them the tools to deal with their Husband in a more compassionate and understanding manner than they would otherwise.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:56 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:
AussiePete wrote:As for my 3 daughters, no I didn't tell them and have no reason to believe that they'd want to know.

I don't wish to second-guess how you raise your daughters, so I offer this only as food for thought, not advice.
If your Daughters ever marry a man who some day does have some form of erectile irregularity, knowing that their Father successfully dealt with a similar problem might give them the tools to deal with their Husband in a more compassionate and understanding manner than they would otherwise.

I agree. I think it should be accepted logic that if the man gets ED. They both have ED. If your daughter desires sex & he can't participate sufficiently. She shares in his ED.
I know that when I put a timeline on my ED. My wife adds some (several) years to it. Even though we were having fairly good sex before pills. She could tell that it was waning lots better than I could. Hindsight changes our perspective. Don't sentance your daughters to that hell for lack of knowledge.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:01 pm

My son who has been in the medical field took me to the hospital and stayed over night with me. It is great to have your personal nurse. I also told my teen age grandsons. As an advocate of more conversation about prostate cancer, I will tell anyone I meet. Many times it is just a part of PC recovery.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:34 am

Amending my earlier post with a caveat:

It does take a healthily intimate relationship with one's children (whether they are the same gender as yourself or opposite) to have a conversation about sex. The Father-Son "talk" is tough enough. The Father-Daughter "talk" is even more weighty, but just as importannt. Daughters take a LOT of their expectations of a husband from the what they learned from their relationship with their Father and observing the relationship between their Mother and their Father.

If a good groundwork is established when a Daughter is 8 to 10 years of age (at least then, but earlier is better), cluing her in to how boys and eventually men thing about all the aspects of relationships comes naturally. Without that groundwork, opening the conversation is a bit more difficult but no less important to her future happiness. And I am no longer talking about ED, but all aspects of life that a Father owes to teach his children, male or female.

Every society has different expectations of how parents teach their children about life (all aspects) and every parent has different attitudes towards those expectations. It is not my place to judge those expectations or familial decisions. My posts are merely my attitudes. (And don't think for a minute that I have perfectly followed my ideals, either, as I am merely human as are we all.)
Last edited by Lost Sheep on Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:53 am

My kids think I had surgery to remove a growth on a testicle.
They don't need to know about our sex life, and it would probably gross them out to make them think about mom & dad making it. However if any of my sons ever mention that they have issues I would definitely direct them to FT and/or my urologist. I would even discuss it with my daughter if it had to be.
But at this point the only people who know I have an implant is my wife and my doctor(s). (OK and some of their staff. Had one nurse glancing at my crotch recently during a procedure, doc had to inform her because of my position on the table) ;) (Funnier is how gently she slid my pants down once I was on my stomach on the table!)
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

KenJ1947

Postby KenJ1947 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:39 am

My wife knew about my plans. I had been working to resolve my ED for over a year. After nothing worked, I told her what I wanted to do. At first she we worried about the surgery. I have a blood condition so I take blood thinners. I'm also type 2 diabetic.

Eventually she can around and supported it. I told my son because I needed his help to get home from the hospital. He supported the decision and helped. I haven't told anyone else--not proud, not ashamed. Friends and my ministry group "know" I had a special hernia surgery. They provided a couple of meals, but we told them others need the help more than we do.
Married 50+ years, 75, ED for 10 years.

Dr Mark Allen, Plano, TX. Surgery at Baylor, Scott and White Frisco, TX. AMS 700 CX MS, 24 cm + 2 cm RTEs x 2.4 cm tubes, 100 ml reservoir.

4 grandkids (son 25, daughter 23, son 21, daughter 7).

Smetro

Postby Smetro » Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:15 pm

No......it’s not necessary for them to know.
Would you tell them that you are different and that your right testicle hangs lower than your left? No you wouldn’t .... they simply don’t need to know.
68,Titan Touch 22cm+1.5cm rte's op done in Melbourne Aust by Dr Chris Love-Feb 2017 Venous leakage over a 2 year period, did pills and Caverject. Length@ 3 1/2years is: 7+” erect, 6.5” flaccid and almost 6” girth. REZUM Feb 21 ejaculation now normal.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:21 pm

Smetro wrote:No......it’s not necessary for them to know.
Would you tell them that you are different and that your right testicle hangs lower than your left? No you wouldn’t .... they simply don’t need to know.

You are absolutely right that gratuitous sharing of irrelevancies is pointless. But if you had a hernia repair and they cared about your health, would you tell them it was an appendectomy?

It all depends on the level of intimacy in one's family, I suppose. Some families share more of their lives than others.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

Smetro

Postby Smetro » Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:28 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:
Smetro wrote:No......it’s not necessary for them to know.

You are absolutely right that gratuitous sharing of irrelevancies is pointless. But if you had a hernia repair and they cared about your health, would you tell them it was an appendectomy?

It all depends on the level of intimacy in one's family, I suppose. Some families share more of their lives than others.

Fair comment Lost........I told a couple of friends....way back....reinforced in my mind that it’s not necessary to do so.
68,Titan Touch 22cm+1.5cm rte's op done in Melbourne Aust by Dr Chris Love-Feb 2017 Venous leakage over a 2 year period, did pills and Caverject. Length@ 3 1/2years is: 7+” erect, 6.5” flaccid and almost 6” girth. REZUM Feb 21 ejaculation now normal.

Return to “Implants”