How long can you make the penile implants of today last?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Gt1956

Re: How long can you make the penile implants of today last?

Postby Gt1956 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:33 am

barrylandon wrote:
I don't have ED but I've thinking about what I would do if I did get it one day and the revisions required for penile implants seem to instill a lot of uncertainty in my decision to consider that option since I don't know how many revisions a person is capable of withstanding before their penis basically breaks.

I really don't understand why a guy who doesn't have ED would waste his time on this forum for men who DO suffer from ED and or have gotten a penile implant to enable them to enjoy sexual relations again.
If you don't have cancer nor has anyone you care about had cancer, would you spend time on a forum about dealing with cancer? Why worry about something that might or might not happen in the future? Even if it did, say 10 or 20 years from now, there would likely be new (and probably better) treatment options for ED. In other words, please fuck off...and I mean that in only the most positive way.

Barry landon. Very good points. It is my naive opinion that the energy spent researching a non problem reflects that there really is a problem. Just lots of denial is going on. Its hard for men to admit they have ED. Especially if they are young. I suspect we all went through some version of it. I'm guessing if/when the problem diagnosis is accepted an unnamed person will be back using a different login name.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

HazelEyes

Postby HazelEyes » Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:58 pm

barrylandon wrote:
I don't have ED but I've thinking about what I would do if I did get it one day and the revisions required for penile implants seem to instill a lot of uncertainty in my decision to consider that option since I don't know how many revisions a person is capable of withstanding before their penis basically breaks.

I really don't understand why a guy who doesn't have ED would waste his time on this forum for men who DO suffer from ED and or have gotten a penile implant to enable them to enjoy sexual relations again.
If you don't have cancer nor has anyone you care about had cancer, would you spend time on a forum about dealing with cancer? Why worry about something that might or might not happen in the future? Even if it did, say 10 or 20 years from now, there would likely be new (and probably better) treatment options for ED. In other words, please fuck off...and I mean that in only the most positive way.

Well you see, conditions like ED and diseases like Cancer are actually quite common, there's no reason for me to think I'm going to be invincible to the obstacles life will throw at me. So I find reassurance on websites like these, if people here say that implants are a great alternative to ED, then I'll feel a little bit more comfortable about the future.
Likewise with Cancer, I don't have it either but if they came out with new treatments that alleviated or stopped it from getting worse then I'm gonna feel more comfortable with the uncertainties of life. It's normal health anxiety.
Born 1998. Hopeful for advances in tissue engineering, no point being skeptical

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:56 pm

HazelEyes wrote: (edited for brevity and focus)
...Revisions seemed to be the only downside to an implant from what I could gather but your anecdotal evidence makes me less skeptical of that issue, thank you.

Should I ever get ED, an implant seems like a viable treatment.

Implants are the treatment you want to opt for only AFTER you have examined (and probably tried) all the other, less invasive, less destructive and less permanently disabling options.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:02 pm

HazelEyes wrote:
barrylandon wrote:

Well you see, conditions like ED and diseases like Cancer are actually quite common, there's no reason for me to think I'm going to be invincible to the obstacles life will throw at me. So I find reassurance on websites like these, if people here say that implants are a great alternative to ED, then I'll feel a little bit more comfortable about the future.
Likewise with Cancer, I don't have it either but if they came out with new treatments that alleviated or stopped it from getting worse then I'm gonna feel more comfortable with the uncertainties of life. It's normal health anxiety.

Let me help you with your cancer search. This is not medical advice, merely an uneducated opinion by an uneducated man.
My wife participated in the family breast cancer gene research. She lived in fear of it because all 3 of her sisters got it. She does not have the gene but is very proud that she was able to get her family to participate in the study.
Fast forward. I come from an almost all male paternal line. I can't find any cancer in the last 3 generations. I have searched for a prostate gene cancer study to offer my samples. Seems that research has been done & there is a gene on or near the breast cancer gene that is responsible.
Find out who/if gene testing is done for prostate cancer. Get tested. That should remove worries about the odds of prostate cancer.
Let professional medical people ease your fears. Move on & enjoy life. Life is too important to worry about what might happen to you.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

barrylandon

Postby barrylandon » Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:17 pm

Men who actually have ED and chose the final and irreversible nuclear option of a penile implant after exhausting all other treatments have suffered enough emotional and physical pain, my friend. We shouldn't have to also suffer fools or trolls. Please go away!!!
Implanted 5/6/20 by Dr. Jesse Mills at UCLA; AMS 700 LGX 18 cm w/2 cm RTEs. I'm 76 & fit but had ED for 20 years. Pills/injections ultimately failed, including 3 ER trips for Priapism; Shockwave & embryonic stem cell therapies didn't help either.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:42 pm

barrylandon wrote:Men who actually have ED and chose the final and irreversible nuclear option of a penile implant after exhausting all other treatments have suffered enough emotional and physical pain, my friend. We shouldn't have to also suffer fools or trolls. Please go away!!!

Neither do I suffer fools gladly, but will aid a man (or woman) who is worried or concerned (whether warranted or not) to ally their fears. GT1956 made a HUGE contribution (which I may want to take advantage of - I did not know about that gene research for prostate cancer).

HazelEyes' posts do not bear the marks of a troll, in my opinion. So I encourage him to take no offense here.

Yes, sufferers of E.D. do not deserve to be harried by sniping or baiting but neither does a man who fears E.D. and needs reassurance deserve condemnation.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:12 am

LS, I did a little bit of searching online about a year ago. The main breast cancer gene is BRC1 as I remember. That might be the location on the dna string. Btw, as I recall, there was 2 of them. Together, they represent a fairly good percentage of cancer cases but still many other causes. As a side note. My MIL, the mother to these 4 women. Died at 91 without ever having even a breast lump yet alone cancer.
The family was in northern Europe during WWll. Best guess they had for almost 20 years was that it was related to insecticides that the population was treated with after the war. Science finally found the real cause.
LS, not to say that I found any genetic prostate testing. But I found enough info that I was satisfied my families samples were not needed. Best of luck on your search. Knowledge is power.

Return to “Implants”