Size before and after

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
random123

Size before and after

Postby random123 » Thu May 27, 2021 7:04 am

Hi

Just wanting to know if anyone with an implant kept their size. I’m on the heavy side so I tend to measure bone pressed with the ruler firmly pressed into me. When I measure lying down I get my best erection size and blood flow (6.8 - 7.3) when I stand up and before I lose my erection I measure usually around 6.5.

My max girth is 4.6 - 4.75.

These being my own measurements how do the surgeons measurements differ or will I keep my best measurements after an implant

wunhunglo

Re: Size before and after

Postby wunhunglo » Thu May 27, 2021 7:49 am

From my own experience, and what I’ve read here, loss of length seems minimal or unlikely if 1) you surgeon doesnt undersize you, and 2) you haven’t gone too long without an erection.

Girth is a whole other matter. If you are on the girthier side > 15 cm, it seems the exception you will keep your girth—even if aroused. Also, the penis seems to flatten in the erect state since you will have two inflated cylinders but need the spongiosum (tissue around the urethra at bottom of penis) to engorge to have a round penis.

Lot’s of information and some great diagrams so search by “oval” or “flat”

Good luck1
Implanted April 9th 2021(age 55) by Dr. Eid w/ 24 cm Titan
Activated Day 3; minimal swelling and discomfort for 3-4 weeks
Preop injection size: 17 cms length (slight press) & 15 1/2 cm girth
Post up w/max inflation: 17 cm length 14 cm girth

random123

Postby random123 » Thu May 27, 2021 8:12 am

Hi wunhunglo

Did the injection for the sizing enable you to get to your biggest size or did it give you say 85-90% of your best size. When they took your measurements was it while lying down or standing and do they use the bone pressed method

Thanks for the info

Time2Change

Postby Time2Change » Thu May 27, 2021 12:24 pm

random123,

My doctor stretched me out during our pre-op appointment to get a sense of what size tubes I would need. Then, during the surgery, he inserted a measuring device into my penis to know the exact size.

I don't think I lost any length or girth. And I'm certainly happy about that.

But what I'm much happier about is that I now can have a reliable erection during sex. I've had ED for going on 20 years. The damage to me and my relationships has been significant. Seven months into having an implant, I think I'm just scratching the surface of how much better I can feel and think and how much better my relationships can be.

Based on my experience and what other guys have said here, if you have a competent, experienced doctor, he or she will do right by you.
55; ED for 22+ years; Coloplast Titan implant on 10/26/20; Dr. Martin Gross; Happy to share my experiences in private messages

random123

Postby random123 » Thu May 27, 2021 12:36 pm

Hi time2change

Thanks for the info, from what I heard they can do a stretched flaccid to get a measurement, me having a fat pad makes this measurement somewhat smaller than one I get when I’m erect laying on my back and pushing down with a ruler. I know people say that there shouldn’t be much of difference then again I could be measuring wrong.

Totally agree about just having a reliable sold erection being the best outcome but hoping to keep my size as much as possible

wunhunglo

Postby wunhunglo » Thu May 27, 2021 4:07 pm

I don't think I lost any length or girth. And I'm certainly happy about that.

What is your girth with the implant? Is your penis the same shape or did it flatten?
Implanted April 9th 2021(age 55) by Dr. Eid w/ 24 cm Titan
Activated Day 3; minimal swelling and discomfort for 3-4 weeks
Preop injection size: 17 cms length (slight press) & 15 1/2 cm girth
Post up w/max inflation: 17 cm length 14 cm girth

Masonjames

Postby Masonjames » Thu May 27, 2021 4:26 pm

If you use a high volume surgeon you should retain your length and if you go with the Titan you should gain girth, given you girth now.
The surgeon will measure you bone pressed or mine did. That's the only way to tell how long the actual penis is without the internal measurements done during the surgery.
70 year old, Married 53 years with two adult children.
Tried pills, herbs, and Trimix. Implanted by Dr. Hakky , in Atlanta, on the 1st, of September. Titan XL 24cm's with two 1.5cm"s RTE"s

SteveSW

Postby SteveSW » Thu May 27, 2021 4:32 pm

My surgeon did stretch tests (aggressively) at two pre-surgery consults, and measured during surgery. I had lost a lot of size due to Peyronie's and the resulting ED over the years, but my implant didn't cost me any more. Came out the same size I went in.
20 years of severe Peyronie's plaque, 90 curve, hinging and ED. Cost me 1.5" L and 1" G.
Implanted 2/18/21, AMS CX, 18 CM + 3 RTE, penoscrotal. Have gained 3/4". Gay, married, age 68.

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Thu May 27, 2021 4:58 pm

random123 wrote:Hi

Just wanting to know if anyone with an implant kept their size. I’m on the heavy side so I tend to measure bone pressed with the ruler firmly pressed into me. When I measure lying down I get my best erection size and blood flow (6.8 - 7.3) when I stand up and before I lose my erection I measure usually around 6.5.

My max girth is 4.6 - 4.75.

These being my own measurements how do the surgeons measurements differ or will I keep my best measurements after an implant

I have not posted sooner as ED had made it so the only way I could get an erection pre op was with a VED. I did measure in my healthy youth and was 7" but ED for years robbed me of some of that. Pre op stretch was maybe 4-5". They did not measure and I did not. I went to a well known doctor that works to push the limit to help me get back as much as I could with an LGX. And I started a problematic cycling with pump problems in the 4" range and over a year latter I was a solid 6" and a bit more if I had some glans engorgement. I just had a second surgery that fixed one of my problems and I am pretty sure I am still at or above 6". So I am well above my flaccid stretch test pre op. This is where doctor research pays off. Ask to speak with man the doctor implanted and ask about size loss. Ask about how long the doctor has you wait post op for activation. There is a document that shows late activation dose cause size loss. And VED therapy prior to surgery can help also but be careful as damage can be caused by pumping a VED to fast or to high vacuum. And that damage can cause size loss.

With the right doctor and avoiding bad luck you should retain very close to pre op size. When I went in to this I set 6" as the bar of being happy with this and 6.5" as a really great outcome. And 5.75" as my minimum. ED does cause size loss and my ED did cost me some of mine. A doctor can cause size loss also. So you need to find a very good doctor that will not cause you more loss of of size.

Best of luck going forward with this.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

Time2Change

Postby Time2Change » Fri May 28, 2021 12:22 pm

wunhunglo,

I'm 6 1/2" around.

I didn't spend time studying my hard on before the implant. I would say that I may be a bit flatter towards the base than before the implant.

But, I know that when I look down, I'm good with what I see for length and width. And I'm beyond words pleased with how my wife is responding to my new state. That's very important to me.

What's even more important is how I'm starting to feel about myself. Having ED for so long was demoralizing. Now I'm starting to get a little bit of confidence back.
55; ED for 22+ years; Coloplast Titan implant on 10/26/20; Dr. Martin Gross; Happy to share my experiences in private messages

Return to “Implants”