semi-rigid implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Spirea

semi-rigid implant

Postby Spirea » Mon May 17, 2021 5:52 pm

sorry for bothering you again. Someone has done a semi-rigid implant so far. And I understood that the semi-rigid implant will have your penis erect most of the time and that it is difficult to lie down or hide in your pants. I don't mind the above aspects. I want to be able to satisfy my wife and have a more than normal life. Once again please if anyone has recently made a semi-rigid implant to help me too ... Sorry once again for bothering with the question of semi-rigid implant I live in Europe ...I usig Google translate

Spirea

Re: semi-rigid implant

Postby Spirea » Mon May 24, 2021 5:38 am

Sorry to ask but or bother but I see that no one answers when it comes to semi-rigid implant. I know 3 piece inflatable is better. But not everyone lives in America and we have super insurance. Not everyone has the money to put 3 inflatable pieces. I was very happy when I discovered Frank talk, I found a lot of answers and hope. But I see that it is very difficult to get an answer even from people who have had a semi-rigid implant.

Lunatech

Postby Lunatech » Mon May 24, 2021 8:10 am

I think the reason for no answers is that no one has a semi-rigid implant here or if someone does they are not on here very often.
49 years old at time of implant, Suffering from ED 10+ years, Implant surgery 2/28/19 AMS 700 LGX 18cm with 4cm RTE by Dr. Terlecki at WFBMC in Winston Salem NC

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon May 24, 2021 1:27 pm

There have been a few members who had malleable (also know as "one-piece", "semi-rigid") implants. Even (at least) one member who has had both (one at a time, of course :D ).

They are not "erect all the time". The implant is the same size in volume all the time. Your spongiosum tissues, when engorged, will make your penis a bit fatter/girthier when you are aroused. They are stiff all the time, but can be bent down, up, to the side or curved. Think of a piece of lead wire or single-strand copper electrical wire. You bend it into any shape you want at it stays in that shape.

Your penis can be hidden in your pants or even when you are nude, but it will not dangle naturally. If you point it down and to the left but lay down on your right side, it will defy gravity and stay left. When you are dressed, you point your penis where you want to be and it will stay there.

Deploying for urination can be problematic because the penis' length is constant and men usually can pull it out of their pants' fly in a soft, bendy state. More difficult if it is not flexible. Think of how difficult it can be to pull an erect penis out of your pants. Probably have to undo your belt altogether to urinate.

One convenience is that there is no pump. Another is that there is almost no chance of the implant failing (pump failure, leakage, etc). One danger is that, since the implant is constantly the same size, it compresses the penile tissues, especially in the glans, so blood flow can be restricted which presents a danger of tissue death and erosion. Surgeons know this risk and are careful to size a malleable to minimize that risk.

One man with a malleable who is an actor in sexually explicit films likes malleable better than inflatable because the appearance of a pump in his scrotum is not helpful to his career.

I do not have a malleable, but have corresponded a few times with a couple of members who have and read past posts (sorry, I do not have links at this time). What I have written is what I recall from what they wrote.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Spirea

Postby Spirea » Mon May 24, 2021 4:31 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:There have been a few members who had malleable (also know as "one-piece", "semi-rigid") implants. Even (at least) one member who has had both (one at a time, of course :D ).

They are not "erect all the time". The implant is the same size in volume all the time. Your spongiosum tissues, when engorged, will make your penis a bit fatter/girthier when you are aroused. They are stiff all the time, but can be bent down, up, to the side or curved. Think of a piece of lead wire or single-strand copper electrical wire. You bend it into any shape you want at it stays in that shape.

Your penis can be hidden in your pants or even when you are nude, but it will not dangle naturally. If you point it down and to the left but lay down on your right side, it will defy gravity and stay left. When you are dressed, you point your penis where you want to be and it will stay there.

Deploying for urination can be problematic because the penis' length is constant and men usually can pull it out of their pants' fly in a soft, bendy state. More difficult if it is not flexible. Think of how difficult it can be to pull an erect penis out of your pants. Probably have to undo your belt altogether to urinate.

One convenience is that there is no pump. Another is that there is almost no chance of the implant failing (pump failure, leakage, etc). One danger is that, since the implant is constantly the same size, it compresses the penile tissues, especially in the glans, so blood flow can be restricted which presents a danger of tissue death and erosion. Surgeons know this risk and are careful to size a malleable to minimize that risk.

One man with a malleable who is an actor in sexually explicit films likes malleable better than inflatable because the appearance of a pump in his scrotum is not helpful to his career.

I do not have a malleable, but have corresponded a few times with a couple of members who have and read past posts (sorry, I do not have links at this time). What I have written is what I recall from what they wrote.

Thank you very much but the problem is mine is that 3 piece inflatable is also expensive here in Europe and doctors are not as trained as they are in the USA and the risks are high infection, the pump does not work and so on. And I also preferred a semi-rigid implant for lower costs and lower risks. The problem is that I don't have enough money for 3 piece inflatable and I just want to be able to have a somewhat normal sex life my wife is very worried .. Thanks again Beautiful Once

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon May 24, 2021 4:52 pm

Spirea wrote:Thank you very much but the problem is mine is that 3 piece inflatable is also expensive here in Europe and doctors are not as trained as they are in the USA and the risks are high infection, the pump does not work and so on. And I also preferred a semi-rigid implant for lower costs and lower risks. The problem is that I don't have enough money for 3 piece inflatable and I just want to be able to have a somewhat normal sex life my wife is very worried .. Thanks again Beautiful Once

Risk, cost, service life are all reasons men in the U.S. and elsewhere in the world choose the semi-rigid over the inflatable. You reasoning is sound. Another reason is if a man has limited hand strength to operate the pump.

Note that many men in the U.S. choose to go overseas (mostly to southeast Asia) to get implanted at a lower cost.

About sexually satisfying your wife; Over my decades of declining erectile ability I discovered cunnilingus and use of tools/toys are quite satisfactory addendums or substitutes for coitus and, now that coitus is completely satisfactory, cunnilingus is still a well-appreciated part of my sexual repertoire (though my current lover does not like the concept of tools). Something to consider while you are weighing your decisions about implants.

By the reports I have read, the malleable is quite satisfactory for coitus. The prime drawbacks are experienced when not using for sex. I have not read anyone complain about the malleable being not rigid enough despite inflatables being quite unbendable when inflated. The rigidity of the malleable being necessarily less than absolute does not SEEM to be a detriment.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Return to “Implants”