The Sounds and Sensations of Pumping it Up

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
k.b.marino

The Sounds and Sensations of Pumping it Up

Postby k.b.marino » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:15 pm

Hey guys, laying in bed last night trying desperately to lose some of my erection. Go figure, but 2.5 weeks of it is just too much. I finally got it to go down a bit. Took what seemed like an hour to activate the deflate on my AMS 700 LGX with the old style pump. Apparently it is smaller than the MS pump which my scrotum couldn't handle because if testicular atrophy. Anyways, when I went to pump back up, felt/sounded like air in a cold water line. Sort of a squishing sound/sensation. Anybody else familiar worn this?
Age 46, Type 1 diabetes since age 6. Northeast Ohio here Tried orals, injections-single agent, bimix. AMS 700 LGX on 06/28/12 at the Cleveland Clinic by Dr. Drogo Montague

barfinkl1

Re: The Sounds and Sensations of Pumping it Up

Postby barfinkl1 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:57 pm

It's normal...the whishing sound you here is the fluid traveling thru the pump into the cylinders. I had a problem deflating mine as well...I was trying it out once I got the clearance from the uro to inflate it and couldn't get it to go down...someone suggested it get into a tub of warm bathwater to relax my scrotum...it worked. I was able to feel the tab and what a relief.
Age 63 married 41 years...2 kids and 2 grandkids. Had robotic RP in Apr 2008. Negative PSA since then. Suffered ED initially from Type II diabetes and then the RP. Had AMS700 LGX implant on 7 Nov 11.

smitrowe

Postby smitrowe » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:31 pm

Oh! God! I've been going years worried about if I can get it up. Now your saying I have to now worry about getting it to go down. That Little Bastard. :o

danny1553

Postby danny1553 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:07 am

Speaking of the cylinders installation. I saw a video that shows the implant is assembled during the surgery. That means the cylinders might contain some air initially. Then the reservoir gets filled with salted water. But I've not seen anything like air removal from the cylinders prior to sealing the pipes connecting everything together.
Does it mean the implant in addition to the water has some air bubbles? How can it affect the inflation/deflation? What if one cylinder gets more air bubbles than another?

buckshot

Postby buckshot » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:27 am

Hey, guys, guess I'll be joining this discussion after my Aug.6th. implant surgery...I'm really looking forward to having it looking up again...pumped up and ready for action. It's been a while and I'm not the most patient guy on this earth.This forum has given me more useful information than anything else....I'll be keeping up with your progress 'cause I'll soon be following along right in your footsteps! JOE/Buckshot 8-)

bluis6214

Postby bluis6214 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:05 pm

I agree it's a little strange to hear mechanical sounds coming from down there. I don't hear any sounds when I inflate, but I can hear and feel that whooshing sound when I press the deflate button. I guess I'm feeling the fluid rush back up the tubing to the resevoir. The more I inflate the more I notice the difference between the right and left cylinders. I'm guessing the right one is not inflating as much as the left side because of the scarring. I'll have to ask the doc if he used different sizes. He did mentioned having a very hard time getting through the scarring or plaque as its also called.
55 years old. ED since 2002 total venous leakage after penile fracture. Tried all the pills and injections all failed to help. Some success with VED, but felt too unnatural to both of us, seldom used. Implanted 06/21/12. Trying to wear IT out.

vladtepes

Postby vladtepes » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:47 am

bluis6214

Your doctor didn’t make any incision or excision of the scar during the implant surgery?

Vlad

k.b.marino

Postby k.b.marino » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:50 pm

Hey guys, thanks for the reassurances. Also, Dr. Montague mailed a copy of the operative report that he sent to my regular urologist. I had fibrosis at both ends of both corpora. I was surprised to read that. Apparently Dr. Montague was surprised to encounter it. Who knew? His preop exam did not indicate any evidence of fibrosis.
Age 46, Type 1 diabetes since age 6. Northeast Ohio here Tried orals, injections-single agent, bimix. AMS 700 LGX on 06/28/12 at the Cleveland Clinic by Dr. Drogo Montague

bluis6214

Postby bluis6214 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:47 pm

vladtepes wrote:bluis6214

Your doctor didn’t make any incision or excision of the scar during the implant surgery?

Vlad

No special incision, but he said he used a special tool to dilate the cavernosa. He knew ahead of time that there might be a problem. The scar is severe enough that it feels like a rock on the right side of my penis. It runs the entire width of the right cavernosa about 2 inches below the glans, and removing it would have caused more damage. The doctor had already expressed some concern about whether he would be able to place a cylinder in it. In fact I had given him the okay to place a cylinder in only the left side when he told me that he could and that it would give me a functional erection. Now that I'm inflating, I can feel the difference between the right and left sides. The left side is thicker than the right. My guess is that the left side can stretch more than the right, or maybe he used different sized cylinders... something to ask the doc about. One thing for sure is it gets hard as steel. ;)
55 years old. ED since 2002 total venous leakage after penile fracture. Tried all the pills and injections all failed to help. Some success with VED, but felt too unnatural to both of us, seldom used. Implanted 06/21/12. Trying to wear IT out.

Bionic_by_AMS

Postby Bionic_by_AMS » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:42 am

bluis6214 wrote:
vladtepes wrote: or maybe he used different sized cylinders... something to ask the doc about. One thing for sure is it gets hard as steel. ;)

The cylinders (AMS models) are all the same diameter ... only the length is adjustable ...
Robotic Prostrate surgery - Dec. 2011 - AMS 700 LGX Implant - 21 cm/3 cm RTE - June 2012

Return to “Implants”