AMS 700 CX - cycling issues with pump - PLEASE ADVISE

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Lost Sheep

Re: AMS 700 CX - cycling issues with pump - PLEASE ADVISE

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue May 11, 2021 9:52 pm

WillyWonka22 wrote:Trying to cycle for the first times and when I push on the pump, the first pump is always a nice big full depression into a refill. However, once the first pump is done, the pump becomes very difficult, seemingly impossible to pump a second time or more. I have tried pressing like hell until it slips from my fingers, which isn’t very pleasant at all. I am able to depress the pump maybe 10% for little baby pumps and it seems as though I cannot max out my device.

Any advice is helpful

While you squeeze the bulb with one hand, hold the valve body of the pump steady with the other hand. I used to (sometimes still do ) reach thumb and forefinger over my penis (keeps the thumb and forefinger out of the way of the hand squeezing the bulb).

Pump slowly. I find I can get deeper squeezes that way.

Time will soften the pump bulb, toughen your scrotal tissues and allow you to perfect your pumping technique.

Gentle heat will help, as others have said.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Lunatech

Postby Lunatech » Wed May 12, 2021 8:26 am

If this is still a problem go back an see the doctor that did your implant and explain what's going on. Have them to inflate it. If they can't then you might have a problem with the implant, if they can then have them teach you. Having them look at it will answer your questions and would give me peace of mind everything is ok with it. I actually had a problem with my pump right after activation. I could not get the valve to shift but maybe 10% of the time and couldn't inflate. We back to see my doctor and he couldn't get it work either. I ended up back in surgery to check the pump out and possibly replace it. Turns out I had healed to fast (sounds weird I know but happened to me before on a knee surgery) and the pocket the pump was in was too small and interfering with the operation. Doctor correct the problem and it's worked flawlessly ever since. Get your doctor's opinion if you can't get it working to your satisfaction just to find out if it's the pump/break in time or something your not doing. It takes a bit to get used to the pump and operation, it did me at least. Also where are you located? There might be a member close by that could be willing to help if you're OK with it.
49 years old at time of implant, Suffering from ED 10+ years, Implant surgery 2/28/19 AMS 700 LGX 18cm with 4cm RTE by Dr. Terlecki at WFBMC in Winston Salem NC

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Wed May 12, 2021 9:49 am

As posted above with an addition of calling AMS patient rep (Boston Scientific). Like with your doctor it takes a while to get the rep to get nack with you. My experience has been several days for a call back. This will give you a record of the problem with AMS and the AMS rep is many times much more helpful that your doctor. I had a problem with the pump on my first surgery over 3 years ago and was in contact with my doctor for weeks and after saying he could fix it finally admited he had no idea what to do and I called AMS rep and was given a fix that mostly fixed it within a few days.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

Return to “Implants”