Anyone had UTI since implant?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
wunhunglo

Anyone had UTI since implant?

Postby wunhunglo » Thu May 06, 2021 7:55 pm

If you had a UTI, did it cause problems/infection of your implant?

I’m 4 weeks post op and the only pain/discomfort I have is at the tip of my penis. It doesn’t burn when I urinate but the uretha feels sore~ish. It hurts when I re-position my penis in my pants.

I’m wondering if I came in contact with germs in the toilet because my flaccid always hangs in the toilet when I sit down now.
Implanted April 9th 2021(age 55) by Dr. Eid w/ 24 cm Titan
Activated Day 3; minimal swelling and discomfort for 3-4 weeks
Preop injection size: 17 cms length (slight press) & 15 1/2 cm girth
Post up w/max inflation: 17 cm length 14 cm girth

Up4Real?

Re: Anyone had UTI since implant?

Postby Up4Real? » Thu May 06, 2021 11:29 pm

Yes, I have had a UTI. It was a couple or 3 months after the implant. While I am satisfied with the length of my penis it does touch the water in the toilet bowl. :D My cause was unknown. The urologist asked if I pulled back my foreskin to piss, which I do do sometimes but not all the time as the opening / meatus allows it to spray vs. just going where the penis pointed so the foreskin control that some.* The UTI was successfully treated with an antibiotic. Of course, you don't have sex and share the problem.
*Question_ Why do some men want to be circumcised that have had foreskin for many years. I don't find it to be a negative. I lived well over 70 years w/o a UTI.
1947-76YO Uncut Married 47 years to supportive wife. Serious ED at 65YO. Used pills, VED, rings, Muse, Increasing Trimix: discontinued with 85 units of 80/3/25 didn't work. Got peyronies. 22cm Coloplast Titan 11/18/20. Legacy pump.125ml reservoir. Pleased

Up4Real?

Postby Up4Real? » Thu May 06, 2021 11:30 pm

Yes, I have had a UTI. It was a couple or 3 months after the implant. While I am satisfied with the length of my penis it does touch the water in the toilet bowl. :D My cause was unknown. The urologist asked if I pulled back my foreskin to piss, which I do do sometimes but not all the time as the opening / meatus allows it to spray vs. just going where the penis pointed so the foreskin control that some.* The UTI was successfully treated with an antibiotic. Of course, you don't have sex and share the problem.
*Question_ Why do some men want to be circumcised that have had foreskin for many years. I don't find it to be a negative. I lived well over 70 years w/o a UTI.
1947-76YO Uncut Married 47 years to supportive wife. Serious ED at 65YO. Used pills, VED, rings, Muse, Increasing Trimix: discontinued with 85 units of 80/3/25 didn't work. Got peyronies. 22cm Coloplast Titan 11/18/20. Legacy pump.125ml reservoir. Pleased

wunhunglo

Postby wunhunglo » Fri May 07, 2021 7:36 am

Yes, I have had a UTI. It was a couple or 3 months after the implant.

Thanks for sharing your experience. Dr. Eid confirmed that a UTI will not contaminate the implant.
Implanted April 9th 2021(age 55) by Dr. Eid w/ 24 cm Titan
Activated Day 3; minimal swelling and discomfort for 3-4 weeks
Preop injection size: 17 cms length (slight press) & 15 1/2 cm girth
Post up w/max inflation: 17 cm length 14 cm girth

WyoMan

Postby WyoMan » Fri May 07, 2021 4:50 pm

Yes, I've had a UTI after my implant. The implant was November of 2018, and February 2020 had a cyst removed from left testicle along with greenlight laser of prostate. Then in November of 2020 had some discomfort which I didn't think was a UTI but analysis said it was, At the same time, my left testicle started swelling and became very tender. The urologist was sure it was related to the UTI and to take antibiotic an extra week. He said if implant got infected we'd have to remove the implant, of course.
Thankfully the antibiotic worked and didn't affect the implant.
80; married 57 years; HBP well controlled, overweight. Prostate Arterial Embolization Jan 2017: No indication of cancer. Injections failed. Implanted Nov. 2, 2018. Dr. Karin Dolan, Billings, Mt. AMS LGX 15 cm+2 2.5 cm RTE. 65 ml reservoir.

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Sat May 08, 2021 6:47 pm

Up4Real? wrote:Yes, I have had a UTI. It was a couple or 3 months after the implant. While I am satisfied with the length of my penis it does touch the water in the toilet bowl. :D My cause was unknown. The urologist asked if I pulled back my foreskin to piss, which I do do sometimes but not all the time as the opening / meatus allows it to spray vs. just going where the penis pointed so the foreskin control that some.* The UTI was successfully treated with an antibiotic. Of course, you don't have sex and share the problem.

Research "phimosis". One of the more common reasons for adult circumcision. The affected skin was causing pain during intercourse. I had what I describe as a partial circumcision in '13. It only affected the dorsal side. I shopped until I found a doctor that would only remove the affected length of foreskin. I still look uncut. A guy at work & a guy that worked with my daughter both had what I call full circumcisions. Rough recovery & I was told it takes around a full year to recover.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Return to “Implants”