AMS LGX 21cm + 1.5cm rear tip extender. What length can I expect to have?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
anotherguy

AMS LGX 21cm + 1.5cm rear tip extender. What length can I expect to have?

Postby anotherguy » Sun May 02, 2021 6:05 pm

I got implanted with an AMS LGX 21cm with a 1.5cm rear tip extender. What length can I expect to have?

Before I had any problems, I was almost six inches long from the top of my penis to the tip of my penis. I wasn’t circumcised and felt that I could gain a little bit of length because I could really feel my glans pressing the inside of my skin at the tip.
Implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer
AMS LGX 21cm + 1.5cm rte
great results | great surgeon
Here is a YouTube video of Dr. Andrew Kramer performing penile implant surgery

newbie443

Re: AMS LGX 21cm + 1.5cm rear tip extender. What length can I expect to have?

Postby newbie443 » Sun May 02, 2021 7:09 pm

First of all we are all different. And size with the exact same device can very due to some men having a deeper Crus (part of the space the cylinders go into inside our body) than others. Penis length is measured bone pressed just above our penis to the tip. I measured just over 6" with my 21cm LGX and 1cm RTE. But others on this site measured differently. So there is really no way to tell. I did have gains with cycling out past one year. So this can change over time. A ball park number sometimes used is that 1/3 in inside your body. But again that is more or less an average. Kind of like the average penis length is about 5.75". So using that rule men average 15cm length with your device or 5.91". But like average penis size that does not mean that is what you will have. You can document what you have at activation but that does not mean that is what you will have a year post op. And really bottom line there is no real accurate way to know from device size.

Now is the time to heal and follow your doctors instructions. Next will be activation and cycling work to do. This does take time. When I was cleared for sex the first time I was almost an inch shorter than I was 3 weeks ago. But we are all different and you may have different results than I did.

Take care and I hope this helps some.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

SW0110

Postby SW0110 » Tue May 04, 2021 12:44 pm

Do not get into to big a hurry. Your final length is months away. It was almost 10 months before I stopped having some tip pain when I pumped and figured I was stretched out. I was just under my pre ed length at 6.75 inches.

You measure using a hard bone press. A wood ruler works good. When you can, pump it up. Press the ruler hard into your fat pad and see where your tip is. That's your length.

I have a shorter Cruz so my 20 cm ams gets me just barely under 7 inches. This is my old size before ed, peyronies, and my fall.

So I had a 19 cm titan for a year before it failed after hernia surgery that put me at 6.75. One year with ams and I am just under 7.

So pump up and have patience. You got some good length cylinders.
18 cm plus 1 rte titan installed March 2019. Revision March 2020 by Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY. He replaced the titan with an AMS 700 LGX 18 cm cylinder plus 2 rte for 20 cm total length.

Fran4524

Postby Fran4524 » Tue May 04, 2021 4:08 pm

SW0110 wrote:Do not get into to big a hurry. Your final length is months away. It was almost 10 months before I stopped having some tip pain when I pumped and figured I was stretched out. I was just under my pre ed length at 6.75 inches.

You measure using a hard bone press. A wood ruler works good. When you can, pump it up. Press the ruler hard into your fat pad and see where your tip is. That's your length.

I have a shorter Cruz so my 20 cm ams gets me just barely under 7 inches. This is my old size before ed, peyronies, and my fall.

So I had a 19 cm titan for a year before it failed after hernia surgery that put me at 6.75. One year with ams and I am just under 7.

So pump up and have patience. You got some good length cylinders.

Hi, could I ask you something? Is there a diference betwen titan and ams in rigidity? What do you think is best? And is there diference in girth in your penis betwen titan or lgx?
-Erection problems since 4 years
-I did jelqs and it is posible I injuried, but I hace to say that ED episodes began before I did jelq.
-Having sex with 30mg of tadalafilo

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue May 04, 2021 4:41 pm

Fran4524 wrote:Hi, could I ask you something? Is there a diference betwen titan and ams in rigidity?

Yes, there is.
Fran4524 wrote:What do you think is best?

It depends on your anatomy
Fran4524 wrote:And is there diference in girth in your penis betwen titan or lgx?

Again, it depends on your anatomy.

Please forgive the tongue-in-cheek nature of my response above. There is no easy answer, no "best" implant or fit. It all depends on factors that vary with each man.

The Coloplast devices are made of a different material than the AMS devices. It is stiffer, which lends itself to more rigidity in use and also when flaccid (which can be troublesome to some men). It is larger diameter in use as well, which (look up the engineering term, "column strength" and "buckling strength or resistance") lends itself to greater rigidity. In practice, both the AMS devices and the Coloplast devices are entirely adequate for any sex humans are normally capable of or desire.

The AMS devices are designed to be 18mm in diameter and are tunica independent. I believe they do best if the surgeon uses a tissue-sparing technique during implantation, but keep in mind that I am not a medically trained person. The Coloplast devices can expand in diameter and start out designed to be 20 mm (I believe).
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue May 04, 2021 4:46 pm

anotherguy wrote:I got implanted with an AMS LGX 21cm with a 1.5cm rear tip extender. What length can I expect to have?

Before I had any problems, I was almost six inches long from the top of my penis to the tip of my penis. I wasn’t circumcised and felt that I could gain a little bit of length because I could really feel my glans pressing the inside of my skin at the tip.

I suggest you do not concern yourself with predictions. As newbie443 pointed out the depth of your crus will consume some of the 22.5 overall length of your implant and we do not know how deep your crus is.

Your length will be what your length is.

As long as the tips of the implant are fully inserted into your glans, you have an optimal installation. They should be a bit more than halfway from your coronal ridge to your meatus and that depends on some details of the anatomy inside your glans.

A good install will have your penis being the same length as you had immediately before the implant (assuming you could get an erection immediately before the implant. I could get erections that did not last but a few seconds, but long enough for me to measure; I lost absolutely no length between pre-implant and my post-implant measurements.)
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Fran4524

Postby Fran4524 » Tue May 04, 2021 5:48 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:
Fran4524 wrote:Hi, could I ask you something? Is there a diference betwen titan and ams in rigidity?

Yes, there is.
Fran4524 wrote:What do you think is best?

It depends on your anatomy
Fran4524 wrote:And is there diference in girth in your penis betwen titan or lgx?

Again, it depends on your anatomy.

Please forgive the tongue-in-cheek nature of my response above. There is no easy answer, no "best" implant or fit. It all depends on factors that vary with each man.

The Coloplast devices are made of a different material than the AMS devices. It is stiffer, which lends itself to more rigidity in use and also when flaccid (which can be troublesome to some men). It is larger diameter in use as well, which (look up the engineering term, "column strength" and "buckling strength or resistance") lends itself to greater rigidity. In practice, both the AMS devices and the Coloplast devices are entirely adequate for any sex humans are normally capable of or desire.

The AMS devices are designed to be 18mm in diameter and are tunica independent. I believe they do best if the surgeon uses a tissue-sparing technique during implantation, but keep in mind that I am not a medically trained person. The Coloplast devices can expand in diameter and start out designed to be 20 mm (I believe).

I know that it depends on my anatomy, but I am asking it to one people (same anatomy) who has had the two implants. I mean that I am not asking what implant is the best for me, I am asking what implant is the best for this man who has had the two brands. If he has lost girth with the LGX in comparison with titan, and if he feels more confortable with LGX or titan.
-I did jelqs and it is posible I injuried, but I hace to say that ED episodes began before I did jelq.

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Tue May 04, 2021 6:13 pm

As I recall. Sw0110 has stated in the past that the two are very similar in size. At the time of that post he preferred the AMS slightly. But later on said that the size of the AMS pump swung his preference to the Titan. But on the other hand. Many men don't have a huge issue with the AMS pump. It's hard to tell by reading FT. But the AMS implants out sell the Coloplast implant by a wide margin.
As LS is saying. There isn't really a "best" implant for everyone. Just too many variables in the male human body. I think in the USA there is one implant from Coloplast (Titan) & two from AMS (LGX & the CX).
The last numbers that I read said that around 31,000 AMS implants were implanted in the last year where the numbers were available. This was claimed to represent around 87% of the implants used that year. So some simple math can get you to the total number of implants per year. Also, the way that I read the statistics this was in the USA only but there might be a chance that Canada is included in the total.
The generally given advice is to select a surgeon that does quite a few implants per year. Maybe over 50 a year for several years. A surgeon fitting this level of experience should be able to select the implant model & size that fits your body best.
It seems that having an implant that is too long for your penis is the second worst situation to have. Getting an infection is the worst possible outcome. Thus a skilled surgeon that follows a proven surgical technique is important. This technic is called by many names. Probably the most familiar name is the "one touch".
Good luck on your research.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

barrylandon

Postby barrylandon » Wed May 05, 2021 1:50 am

In just two days I will celebrate my one-year anniversary of implantation. Prior to surgery, my bone pressed measured erect length was 5.75 inches. However, I cycled until painful for one hour every day until I could pump up to the max without pain at about 10 months post-op. Since then, I cycle a couple of times a week, not including sexual activities, and my erect length is currently 6.25 inches. I think it's been a combination of the LGX's expansion potential with diligent cycling that have produced these results.
Implanted 5/6/20 by Dr. Jesse Mills at UCLA; AMS 700 LGX 18 cm w/2 cm RTEs. I'm 76 & fit but had ED for 20 years. Pills/injections ultimately failed, including 3 ER trips for Priapism; Shockwave & embryonic stem cell therapies didn't help either.

Fran4524

Postby Fran4524 » Wed May 05, 2021 6:40 am

barrylandon wrote:In just two days I will celebrate my one-year anniversary of implantation. Prior to surgery, my bone pressed measured erect length was 5.75 inches. However, I cycled until painful for one hour every day until I could pump up to the max without pain at about 10 months post-op. Since then, I cycle a couple of times a week, not including sexual activities, and my erect length is currently 6.25 inches. I think it's been a combination of the LGX's expansion potential with diligent cycling that have produced these results.

And what is about your girth? It decreased or it maintained ?

Thank you so much

Return to “Implants”