Does anyone have experience with this doctor

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
rhmason

Does anyone have experience with this doctor

Postby rhmason » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:31 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm new here, I appreciate the people here that have taken their time to help others with similar issues. I had a prostatectomy almost eleven years ago, since I've been on the pills, and now injections. the pills stopped working early and now the injections are losing their effect. I discussed an implant with my urologist and he referred me to another doctor in his organization. That doctor is James Alver; his office is in Riverview, Florida. has anyone had experience with Doctor Alver?

Thanks everyone,
Ray

bearcublake33

Re: Does anyone have experience with this doctor

Postby bearcublake33 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:38 pm

I live part-time in Orlando and part-time in St Petersburg. I discussed with my longtime Urologist (who operated for kidney cancer) recommendations on a doctor who specialized in Peyronnies, ED and implants.

Dr Rafael Carrion in Tampa
Dr Jeffrey Brady in Orlando

Dr Brady operated in June 2016 and I have a Coloplast 24cm Titan. He did the penoscrotal surgery and also a scrotoplasty to remove the “turkey neck” of skin that was attached on the underside of my penis.

Result was great, I have a straight penis that looks better and bigger without the excess scrotal skin.

Happy to show and tell or just have a phone conversation. Weekends are best between noon and 5pm.

Lots of guys here are knowledgeable and willing to help.

Cliff
407-492-9550
Orlando. Titan 24cm. Dr Jeff Brady.

rhmason

Postby rhmason » Sat May 01, 2021 10:16 am

Thanks for the reply Cliff. I have read about Doctor Carrion here at Frank Talk and elsewhere on the web. He would be my first choice. Being as my urologist recommended Dr. Alver I just want to see what I can find out about his work before I make a decision.
Thanks again,
Ray

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Sat May 01, 2021 12:37 pm

rhmason wrote:Thanks for the reply Cliff. I have read about Doctor Carrion here at Frank Talk and elsewhere on the web. He would be my first choice. Being as my urologist recommended Dr. Alver I just want to see what I can find out about his work before I make a decision.
Thanks again,
Ray

Hey Ray,

I found this on Health Grades https://www.healthgrades.com/physician/ ... lver-3293l If that is the guy it looks like he has more one star reviews than 3 star and above. Experience for procedures does not even list Penile implant or Complex Penile surgery. If that is the guy he would not even make my list of doctors to go to talk to. But that is just my point of view.

I hope this helps and good luck going forward with this.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

rhmason

Postby rhmason » Sat May 01, 2021 7:25 pm

Thanks Newbie,

I had read reviews elsewhere where he wasn't very well liked. Before I completely abandoned any idea of using him I wanted to hear if anyone here had any work done by him. I'm looking elsewhere.

Ray

Return to “Implants”