Walking around with a permanent hardon

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Time2Change

Re: Walking around with a permanent hardon

Postby Time2Change » Tue May 04, 2021 3:03 pm

Corey212,

I hear your frustration.

I got my Titan implant October 26th. After my doctor deflated me, it was weeks before I returned to walking normally. Even with loose pants, it felt like I had a stick in my pants, and I was walking bowlegged.

It was four months before I could go back to wearing my straight leg pants. Even now, just over six months later, I'm routinely aware of my dick because it's harder now in a deflated state than I was most times I was "erect" during my 19+ years of ED before the implant.

I got the okay to have sex just before Christmas . And it didn't go well at first for a variety of reasons. At one point in January my wife came right out and said I didn't feel natural.

But, we fucked three of the last four nights this week. And she was far from complaining.

I agree with others' suggestions on getting help with deflating. There was a resident with my doctor during our appointment the other day. So, as I was showing them that I could inflate and deflate properly, my doctor told her that sometimes guys show up for their six-month appointment still struggling to correctly inflate and deflate.

Also, if I were single like you right now, I wouldn't think twice about telling a new girlfriend about my implant. I'm having some of the best sex of my life right now, better than most of the sex pre-ED in my 20's and very early 30's.

I hope what I've shared helps. Hopefully, as with me, things will get better.
55; ED for 22+ years; Coloplast Titan implant on 10/26/20; Dr. Martin Gross; Happy to share my experiences in private messages

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue May 04, 2021 3:40 pm

Time2Change wrote:(edited for focus)
...I'm routinely aware of my dick because it's harder now in a deflated state than I was most times I was "erect" during my 19+ years of ED before the implant.

I got the okay to have sex just before Christmas . And it didn't go well at first for a variety of reasons. At one point in January my wife came right out and said I didn't feel natural.

But, we fucked three of the last four nights this week. And she was far from complaining.

Do you think she said it didn't feel natural simply because it was more rigid than she had seen for the prior 19 years? And now she is accustomed to it? My implant feels to me exactly what my fully functional erections of my youth (so many years ago, but I still remember VERY WELL the rigidity of those days).
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Time2Change

Postby Time2Change » Tue May 04, 2021 5:52 pm

Lost Sheep,

I think that's a fair conclusion.

I explained to my doctor last week how late December, January, and February didn't go well. And he said that wasn't surprising (Which would have been nice to know ahead of time. ) He said me and my wife probably needed time to adjust, physically, mentally, and emotionally, to the change.

I hope Corey212 gets the help he needs and starts to get some action. I know I'm feeling a lot better about my decision now than three months ago.
55; ED for 22+ years; Coloplast Titan implant on 10/26/20; Dr. Martin Gross; Happy to share my experiences in private messages

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Wed May 12, 2021 3:19 pm

Corey212 wrote:Honest to god, had I known I would be embarrassed to leave the house everyday, I would have never done this procedure. I am really trying to wrap my head around deflating to where it's ok, then a few short minutes its back to a 1/2 hardon. Since this procedure I have pretty much abandoned the gym. Imagine being 6 1/2 inches of girth and this thing not staying deflated, pushing out of my gym shorts? It's kind of hard to hide! I literally had a Jewish father glare at me because he thinks I'm a pervert and does not want me exposed to his daughter. I am certain he complained to the front desk because they were all looking at my direction as he looked angry and appeared to be complaining. What can management do? "excuse me, sir but can you kindly control your hard-on?" I mean, FUCK!!! When I'm at work, the same thing. I have to put my tool bag in front of my bulge to hide it. I fucking hate this!

Corey,
For several months I had to wear clown pants at work, had no fly so drop my drawers to pee. But it did hide my bulge at least no my stares. I can tell you that the cylinders do soften and hide better. But My doctors messed up and made my penis bend sideways when deflated. I don't go to the gym but at work my bent penis is not noticeable. So that is a plus. It may take months but things will get better. Will that be good enough? Time will tell. Good luck
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

Corey212

Postby Corey212 » Wed May 12, 2021 4:30 pm

newbie443 wrote:Auto inflation can happen until the pump wears in. They make these tight and strong to last hopefully 10 plus years. So for deflation push the deflate button and if deflation stops when you release it you have not set it to deflate mode. Push it again to and see if the reduced pressure will permit it to go all the way into deflate mode. Push it very firmly. You may feel a faint click. If the deflate is working after you release the button and you are still having auto inflation try a quick squeeze of the bulb to pop the valve into inflate mode to see if that will stop the auto inflation. Contact your customer rep for you device and let them know what is going on. They will be able to help you more and you need to let them have a record of the problem.

Take care and I hope this helps.

Thanks but it does not work. Have you ever tried contacting Coloplast? They are shielding any contact from talking to a rep. They refer you to the patient advocate. Since I told him about my problem bad outcome with Dr. Karpman he's washed his hands of talking with me. Funny is he and the other advocate said Karpan was a good choice up until the surgery, but now the one I related with the most has since back peddled and said I should have done my DD. Funny is he looked at his call log he would see I called him 8 times prior to surgery and he could judge from that I'm probably not a guy that walked into this blindly.

If someone were to ask my today if it's worth it I would not say with enthusiasm "yes". I would tell them yes, but it's very hard to find any doctor in this world that won't bullshit you.
52; Coloplast Titan (One-Touch) implant on 02/23/2021 by Dr. Karpman

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed May 12, 2021 4:52 pm

Corey212 wrote:
newbie443 wrote:Auto inflation can happen until the pump wears in. They make these tight and strong to last hopefully 10 plus years. So for deflation push the deflate button and if deflation stops when you release it you have not set it to deflate mode. Push it again to and see if the reduced pressure will permit it to go all the way into deflate mode. Push it very firmly. You may feel a faint click. If the deflate is working after you release the button and you are still having auto inflation try a quick squeeze of the bulb to pop the valve into inflate mode to see if that will stop the auto inflation. Contact your customer rep for you device and let them know what is going on. They will be able to help you more and you need to let them have a record of the problem.

Thanks but it does not work. Have you ever tried contacting Coloplast? They are shielding any contact from talking to a rep. They refer you to the patient advocate. Since I told him about my problem bad outcome with Dr. Karpman he's washed his hands of talking with me. Funny is he and the other advocate said Karpan was a good choice up until the surgery, but now the one I related with the most has since back peddled and said I should have done my DD. Funny is he looked at his call log he would see I called him 8 times prior to surgery and he could judge from that I'm probably not a guy that walked into this blindly.

If someone were to ask my today if it's worth it I would not say with enthusiasm "yes". I would tell them yes, but it's very hard to find any doctor in this world that won't bullshit you.

11 weeks after surgery and you get persistent reinflation? Is it possible there is air in the system? (Air is compressible and if you squeeze down your penis, the air would compress in the reservoir, allowing a deflated penis at first but then eventually push fluid out of the reservoir, reinflating your implant.) Not likely, but what you describe is something that might be caused by that. Call it "springback".

The pump valve is SUPPOSED to have a lockout that prevents fluid from flowing from reservoir to implant. New valves stick often enough that users have developed "tricks" and procedures to deal with them. I don't have a Coloplast, nor have a had a problem with unintentional inflation (autoinflation), so have no help to give you there except reading other Coloplast implantees' advice.

Dr Karpman does have an excellent reputation and a lot of experience. Is his office any help. I would be surprised if he or his staff would not be helpful in dealing with Coloplast.

Coloplast has very little incentive to alienate its clients (Surgeons OR their patients). I am surprised you would get a runaround from them.

Not to be insulting to you, and a bit of rancor on your part is completely understandable; how are your diplomatic skills when talking to the staff at Coloplast or Dr Karpman's office? If you have done all you can do, perhaps a consult with a lawyer with experience in pursuing medical claims is appropriate. Not to initiate a suit, necessarily, but to explore your options and get more advice on dealing with recalcitrant staff who are SUPPOSED to help you.

Do you have a call log of your own? Names, dates, times and what was said/promised/asked? Make one if you don't, ongoing and reconstructed as best you can from memory or other evidence.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

Agfa13

Postby Agfa13 » Wed May 12, 2021 8:12 pm

Wow! Someone's bulge must really be sticking out while at gym :lol:
Can you wear briefs?
After all my 3 surgeries, I could not, for the life of me, wear briefs. I prefer briefs to boxers.
When my gym was still in business, it was obvious.
A year after my surgery (hopefully last one for a while), I still go commando, but I am fine in slacks to work (but prefer the baggy ones I have because when I sit down, my dick gets bent in).
Titan is a little bit sturdier in the rod department.
And yes, you may accidentally self inflate.

BTW Corey, pls. fill out your signature so we know what type of implant you have.
Ag, 58, Maryland
Document with BEFORE/after pics
AMS cx 24cm, Titan malleable, Titan Legacy on 3/2/20 (20cm/bilat 2cm RTE/ 75 cc)
Face pic on pg. 22: names and faces; dick pics on pg 7/41: Dick of day
Smaller dick, but can fuck without fail :lol: :D

Corey212

Postby Corey212 » Thu May 13, 2021 2:16 am

Lost Sheep wrote:
Corey212 wrote:

11 weeks after surgery and you get persistent reinflation? Is it possible there is air in the system? (Air is compressible and if you squeeze down your penis, the air would compress in the reservoir, allowing a deflated penis at first but then eventually push fluid out of the reservoir, reinflating your implant.) Not likely, but what you describe is something that might be caused by that. Call it "springback".

The pump valve is SUPPOSED to have a lockout that prevents fluid from flowing from reservoir to implant. New valves stick often enough that users have developed "tricks" and procedures to deal with them. I don't have a Coloplast, nor have a had a problem with unintentional inflation (autoinflation), so have no help to give you there except reading other Coloplast implantees' advice.

Dr Karpman does have an excellent reputation and a lot of experience. Is his office any help. I would be surprised if he or his staff would not be helpful in dealing with Coloplast.

Coloplast has very little incentive to alienate its clients (Surgeons OR their patients). I am surprised you would get a runaround from them.

Not to be insulting to you, and a bit of rancor on your part is completely understandable; how are your diplomatic skills when talking to the staff at Coloplast or Dr Karpman's office? If you have done all you can do, perhaps a consult with a lawyer with experience in pursuing medical claims is appropriate. Not to initiate a suit, necessarily, but to explore your options and get more advice on dealing with recalcitrant staff who are SUPPOSED to help you.

Do you have a call log of your own? Names, dates, times and what was said/promised/asked? Make one if you don't, ongoing and reconstructed as best you can from memory or other evidence.

Actually there is a lot of air. You can feel air with every squeeze of the bulb up until you can no longer inflate. The demo that was shown to me prior to surgery had a lot of air in it and he said it was defective, but he did not mention anything about air being the reason it was defective.

I said in a previous post that I probably got a crappy refurbished unit, but I'm extremely pessimistic about anything that has to do with doctors.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu May 13, 2021 2:34 am

It is my understanding that they do not recycle penile implants, ever.

I believe there may be a way to check if there is air in your reservoir, but it probably would involve you standing on your head and cycling the implant, then rolling on your side and doing it again and stuff like that. Maybe sonogram imaging would work. But you will have to speak to Dr. Karpman and convince him to do it.

Clearly something is not right. Give him a chance to figure it out.

I may have too much faith in his professionalism, but please, for your sake, give him the best chance to make it right.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

Corey212

Postby Corey212 » Thu May 13, 2021 6:25 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:It is my understanding that they do not recycle penile implants, ever.

I believe there may be a way to check if there is air in your reservoir, but it probably would involve you standing on your head and cycling the implant, then rolling on your side and doing it again and stuff like that. Maybe sonogram imaging would work. But you will have to speak to Dr. Karpman and convince him to do it.

Clearly something is not right. Give him a chance to figure it out.

I may have too much faith in his professionalism, but please, for your sake, give him the best chance to make it right.

Ok man, but every time I had a conversation with him I asked him the same question and pointed at Dr. Kramer's video that he "pushed the envelope" with tips pushed to the tip of the gland. During one of these visits he said that the malleable rods were the only ones that would not see the tip against the gland due to erosion. He said with the malleable rod procedure that there was a 2 mm gap to avoid this. My tips inflated are sitting at about .75 inch or 19 mm. BIG F***ing difference! When I did question him a week after surgery he told me they were all the way, but then retracted a bit and said that's as far as they could go. I know they can go all the way to the end of the gland without erosion due to the nature of the device because it can be deflated for long periods of time. The 19 mm gap in my strong opinion goes back to the 3 way call I had with the 2 Coloplast Reps, where they said the had special tips for my smaller sized gland. I would bet money those smaller tips were never acquired from the Coloplast supply! So he did the next best thing, which was to back it way the hell off so the "standard sized" tips were placed as far as they can go.

With that said, how much of all of this can be can be made right?

Return to “Implants”