Walking around with a permanent hardon

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Tortão

Re: Walking around with a permanent hardon

Postby Tortão » Fri May 14, 2021 10:06 am

Corey212

Are you seeing improvements? I don't have auto-inflation but I feel like I have a boner every time I walk. There's a huge bulge and I look like a perv too.
People say that Titan softens with time but it hasn't improved a bit so far. It has to improve a damn lot to reach an "acceptable" level.

I think the only solution to our problems would be switching to AMS Lgx. Of course, I'll wait at least 1 year, but if things don't get better...
1993 born. Brazil.
Peyronies since Sep 2019.
Penis developed curvature, lots of plaque, loss of size and axial rigidity. Severe peyronie.
Mar/21 Titan Touch 20 cm + 1.5 RTE.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri May 14, 2021 1:03 pm

Corey212 wrote:Ok man, but every time I had a conversation with him I asked him the same question and pointed at Dr. Kramer's video that he "pushed the envelope" with tips pushed to the tip of the gland. During one of these visits he said that the malleable rods were the only ones that would not see the tip against the gland due to erosion. He said with the malleable rod procedure that there was a 2 mm gap to avoid this. My tips inflated are sitting at about .75 inch or 19 mm. BIG F***ing difference! When I did question him a week after surgery he told me they were all the way, but then retracted a bit and said that's as far as they could go. I know they can go all the way to the end of the gland without erosion due to the nature of the device because it can be deflated for long periods of time. The 19 mm gap in my strong opinion goes back to the 3 way call I had with the 2 Coloplast Reps, where they said the had special tips for my smaller sized gland. I would bet money those smaller tips were never acquired from the Coloplast supply! So he did the next best thing, which was to back it way the hell off so the "standard sized" tips were placed as far as they can go.

With that said, how much of all of this can be can be made right?

I have read that some mens' tunicas do not allow the implant tips to go as far into their glans as would be ideal. That is, your penis is longer than your tunica, or your tunica's distal ends are constricted (as you suggested). This would give you the "floppy head" syndrome (also known as "SST Syndrome, named after the supersonic transport airplane with the drop-nose design).

It seems (by what you said) that your surgeon did the best he could to get the distal tips fully inserted in your glans. There is a school of thought espoused by Dr Montague and others that recommends subtracting a bit from the measured length, but the most aggressive surgeons do not do that. It, I believe, was a compensation for the "S-Deformity" that sometimes happened with the (now discontinued) AMS Ultrex Implant.

The floppy head would be unrelated to your inability to stay deflated.

There are a few articles in Medical Journals I have found over the years which you might like to read. I will try to find links to them and post here.

In the meantime, what happens if, when your implant is inflated, if you gently pull down on your penis and glans to see if the implant tips can work themselves deeper into your glans?

When your implant is inflated, and your glans is excited or not excited (or CAN your glans become engorged/excited?) is the meatus bendable (that is, do you have a floopy head)?
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri May 14, 2021 1:28 pm

In the meantime it is advantageous to avoid alienating your health care providers. Toward that end, it is helpful to know what surgeons are thinking when taking on a patient or addressing patient dissatisfaction. Please do not take this as a comment on how you are dealing with your circumstances. It is just advice on how your surgeons might react to anything you might say and allow you to adjust your approach to them so that you can get them to be most helpful to you.

Managing the difficult penile prosthesis patient
https://www.profnatali.it/uploadedfiles ... s4fob8.pdf

Surgical patient selection and counseling
https://tau.amegroups.com/article/view/15699/16225

I found the article about conservative sizing:
Cylinder sizing: less is more, DK Montague and KW Angermeier
https://www.nature.com/articles/3901088.pdf?origin=ppub
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

RAM7229H

Postby RAM7229H » Fri May 14, 2021 3:59 pm

I also have the Coloplast. Mine also reinstated on it's own. Once you deflate give it about a 1/2 pump. It seems to lock the valve. It helped with mine. Mine is still about 20 to 25 % rigid. Feels pretty nice.
65 years old. Great health and physical condition. Developed peyroines disease 2 years ago. Tired of side effects ED Meds. Titan implant 5-15-21 Dr Figlesthaler Naples Florida

Corey212

Postby Corey212 » Fri May 14, 2021 9:35 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:
Corey212 wrote:Ok man, but every time I had a conversation with him I asked him the same question and pointed at Dr. Kramer's video that he "pushed the envelope" with tips pushed to the tip of the gland. During one of these visits he said that the malleable rods were the only ones that would not see the tip against the gland due to erosion. He said with the malleable rod procedure that there was a 2 mm gap to avoid this. My tips inflated are sitting at about .75 inch or 19 mm. BIG F***ing difference! When I did question him a week after surgery he told me they were all the way, but then retracted a bit and said that's as far as they could go. I know they can go all the way to the end of the gland without erosion due to the nature of the device because it can be deflated for long periods of time. The 19 mm gap in my strong opinion goes back to the 3 way call I had with the 2 Coloplast Reps, where they said the had special tips for my smaller sized gland. I would bet money those smaller tips were never acquired from the Coloplast supply! So he did the next best thing, which was to back it way the hell off so the "standard sized" tips were placed as far as they can go.

With that said, how much of all of this can be can be made right?

I have read that some mens' tunicas do not allow the implant tips to go as far into their glans as would be ideal. That is, your penis is longer than your tunica, or your tunica's distal ends are constricted (as you suggested). This would give you the "floppy head" syndrome (also known as "SST Syndrome, named after the supersonic transport airplane with the drop-nose design).

It seems (by what you said) that your surgeon did the best he could to get the distal tips fully inserted in your glans. There is a school of thought espoused by Dr Montague and others that recommends subtracting a bit from the measured length, but the most aggressive surgeons do not do that. It, I believe, was a compensation for the "S-Deformity" that sometimes happened with the (now discontinued) AMS Ultrex Implant.

The floppy head would be unrelated to your inability to stay deflated.

There are a few articles in Medical Journals I have found over the years which you might like to read. I will try to find links to them and post here.

In the meantime, what happens if, when your implant is inflated, if you gently pull down on your penis and glans to see if the implant tips can work themselves deeper into your glans?

When your implant is inflated, and your glans is excited or not excited (or CAN your glans become engorged/excited?) is the meatus bendable (that is, do you have a floopy head)?

Did you miss the conversation i had with the reps? I explained my anatomy and they quickly responded with a solution of the right sized tips. And how do you explain the multiple visits with the doc easing my concerns of losing anything? Why did I not get what I asked and paid for? Please do not BS me by saying that's the best that could be done. That's not what I was led to believe going into this surgery. I can tell you this, the tips do not reach the full portion of the most sensitive part of the gald, and that's a real bummer.
52; Coloplast Titan (One-Touch) implant on 02/23/2021 by Dr. Karpman

Corey212

Postby Corey212 » Sun May 16, 2021 4:46 pm

Tortão wrote:Corey212

Are you seeing improvements? I don't have auto-inflation but I feel like I have a boner every time I walk. There's a huge bulge and I look like a perv too.
People say that Titan softens with time but it hasn't improved a bit so far. It has to improve a damn lot to reach an "acceptable" level.

I think the only solution to our problems would be switching to AMS Lgx. Of course, I'll wait at least 1 year, but if things don't get better...

Before I left my house yesterday I deflated fully, and squeezed the bulb once. 1 1/2 hours later at COSTCO I had a number of women watching me from a distance from the parking lot all the way to the bathroom. Extremely embarrassing. Inside the toilet stall I had to deflate quite a bit again.

I do not go to the gym anymore. I'm looking at setting up a home gym. It sucks because I paid up front for a 3 year membership.
52; Coloplast Titan (One-Touch) implant on 02/23/2021 by Dr. Karpman

Jake2365

Postby Jake2365 » Mon May 17, 2021 11:46 am

I'm not sure if this has been said yet but my surgeon said there are problems with the Titan One Touch. So much so that he refused to use it and on mine he took it off and put the regular pump on. Guarantee that's the problem
51 yr old male. Injections began failing at 15 months. Implanted 2-24-21, Titan 24cm, no RTE. Dr. Goldstein, San Diego, CA, USA

Swinger, Kinkster, BDSM & all kinds of other crazy play I need to get back to!

Completely willing to show and tell.

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Mon May 17, 2021 2:10 pm

"Honest to god, had I known I would be embarrassed to leave the house everyday, I would have never done this procedure"

Seems like this post is still alive. So here is another solution. Wear a cup. Any sporting store sells cup holding underwear. Mine are black. You only need one good fitting cup to slide in and out after every change. Instantly morphs your donkey dong into dinosaur billie bongs. Lot's of jocks wear these things so you are not the lone stranger. Instead of looking like you are aroused it makes you look really big.
The only draw back is at the public urinal. You have to take it all off or pull things down like a nine year old. If you don't want a shiny highny use a stall.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon May 17, 2021 2:25 pm

Corey212 wrote:I do not go to the gym anymore. I'm looking at setting up a home gym. It sucks because I paid up front for a 3 year membership.

It might be a bit embarrassing, but if you explain that you have a medical issue which prevents you from using the remaining months of your membership, the management should (might even be required by the provisions of the ADA -Americans with Disabilities Act) to give you a refund.

Explaining the details of the medical condition (persistent uncontrollable erection) might be uncomfortable for you, but 3 years' membership is a lot of money and the good will generated by the management's flexibility is worth bucks to them, too. Promise you will renew when you are "cured". Or, perhaps they won't give a refund, but would suspend the lapsing of your membership during your "convalescence".

Negotiation is a skill worth practicing often.
Last edited by Lost Sheep on Mon May 17, 2021 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Mon May 17, 2021 3:20 pm

Corey212 wrote:
I do not go to the gym anymore. I'm looking at setting up a home gym. It sucks because I paid up front for a 3 year membership.

I have not returned to the gym since my implant. But I will soon. Our shower stalls are private and I can always change in the bathroom stall. By wearing a cup under your gym shorts the problem of sticking out vanishes. Just squeeze out every drop beforehand to make things more comfortable
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

Return to “Implants”