Cycling discomfort and deflating

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
GLE Man

Cycling discomfort and deflating

Postby GLE Man » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:55 am

Hi guys I'm about 5 weeks post surgery and have just begun a good cycling routine. I guess all the stretching involved is causing discomfort, not pain, but some discomfort. I was wondering, and I know I just started, but how long it will last, or when do you get used to it?

Also, I seem at times to struggle to deflate, not sure why but at first couldn't feel the valve and then felt it was in the back and not front. I have the AMS 700. Any helpful hints anyone can share? So many weird feelings going on that's it's nice to hear from others that have been there done that, can offer some insight, and say yeah, I had the same feelings.

GLE Man
59 years old; Maryland; ED due to diabetes; pills became less effective until eventually stopped working all together; Implanted March 9, 2021; AMS 700 CX 21 cm x 12mm;100 mL

newbie443

Re: Cycling discomfort and deflating

Postby newbie443 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:48 am

First you should follow your doctors instructions about everything including cycling. There are things that need a bit of time inside to heal and your doctor may not take the time to explain all the details to you. As far as how long that varies as we are all difference but ball park is around 3 months to completely heal. But for the stretching part that can depend on how aggressively your doctor sized you and if you have a CX or LGX. The LGX can (dose not mean it will) expand in length and girth. I had gains out past 1 year. Any long pump adding cycling or VED use should not be done unless your doctor advises you can or after you have finished your doctors care and are completely healed and decide to do so on your own. That all does not mean thing will be the same all that time. Some men heal much faster and others take longer. But things will improve. Just follow your doctors cycling and other instructions and get ready for the fun part to start.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:16 pm

GLE Man wrote:couldn't feel the valve and then felt it was in the back and not front.

The pump valve and and bulb can wind up anywhere close to (but not necessarily exactly) where the surgeon left them. Some surgeons suture them in place, but even that is not 100% precise. If yours rotated, scar tissue will keep it there unless you massage (tear) the scar tissue away and reposition the valve and bulb. Whether that is worth it or not is up to you. Surgery to releast the scar tissue and reposition the pump is also an option. The surgery should be simple, but it is a surgery with attendant risks.

newbie443 wrote:your doctor may not take the time to explain all the details to you.

The AMS/Boston Scientific Patient Liaison's job includes talking with implantees about their implant. The PL's often know more about how best to adjust to and adapt to an implant than the surgeons.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

SteveSW

Postby SteveSW » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:46 pm

GLE Man
I am 10 weeks post OP so not far ahead of you. I also have the AMS implant. Mine is the CX model. If you have the LGX version, that may explain the discomfort you feel when inflating. The LGX is designed to increase girth and length, so more stretching going on in your penis. It will get better as you keep cycling. I think we have all had a bit of trouble at the beginning with the deflating buttons, regardless of brand or model. That too gets easier. As for pump placement, it started out really high, and in back, turned 90 degrees horizontal. I managed to correct that with some consistent pulling over a few days, and it has stayed vertical, bulb down. However, it has now decided to relocate itself further down in my sac and is now riding directly behind my right ball. Doesn't seem to be a problem, and over time, yours may reposition also. I think the daily use helps move the pump where it belongs.
Steve
20 years of severe Peyronie's plaque, 90 curve, hinging and ED. Cost me 1.5" L and 1" G.
Implanted 2/18/21, AMS CX, 18 CM + 3 RTE, penoscrotal. Have gained 3/4". Gay, married, age 68.

LMCatman

Postby LMCatman » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:55 pm

Eventually all will "settle down". By then, there's little or no pain (squashing a nut still hurts!) inflating or deflating. Inflating can be done in "discrete" increments. Deflating is after she's saying 'my god, how are you still hard? Let's do it some more!' Good luck man!!!
73 Years old. RP Oct 2010, No erections after, Botched Titan implant April, 2013, Successful Titan revision, April , 2014 by Dr. Paul Perito, Miami. Titan failure Feb 2017. Rev. by Dr Perito March 1st, 2017. Titan failure Nov 2020. New Titan January 2021

GLE Man

Postby GLE Man » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:46 pm

What great responses I received. Thank you all very much especially Newbie 443, Steve SW and Lost Sheep, You guys are awesome. Please keep em coming.
59 years old; Maryland; ED due to diabetes; pills became less effective until eventually stopped working all together; Implanted March 9, 2021; AMS 700 CX 21 cm x 12mm;100 mL

Return to “Implants”