How long was cycling painful for you?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
NothingIsOver

How long was cycling painful for you?

Postby NothingIsOver » Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:14 pm

I am just over five weeks post-op and try to cycle at least once daily. I usually go 30 - 45 minutes before deflating, adding pumps every five minutes or so. By the time I am fully inflated, which at the moment means 16-18 wall to wall pumps, I am in pretty serious pain. I am then sore afterwards.

My question to guys who are further along than me is: Does this sound normal?

Also, how long did it take before inflating fully was pain free?

Thanks.
Born 1982
ED due to Peyronie's/VL
Implanted March 2021 by Dr. Tariq Hakky
Titan XL - 24 cm - Touch Pump - no RTEs - 125 cc reservoir
"Nothing is over until we decide it is!" - Bluto, Animal House

Macan21

Re: How long was cycling painful for you?

Postby Macan21 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:27 pm

I was cycling to max at week six and holding for at least one hour. It was very painful and some days I wouldn’t last the hour. Today at ten weeks there is still some pain, if 6 weeks was a 10 today is probably a 2-3.
68 years young. Fought ED for years and finally made the bionic move on 2/11/21. I was implanted with a 24 cm Titan by Dr. Lacy University of Tennessee Medical Center.
Married to my soulmate for 30+ years.

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:54 pm

It has been said like with VED use if you have pain stop. And to just go till mild discomfort and the goal is to feel stretching. But to me discomfort is pain or it would be comfortable. So maybe you need to shorten the time or split it into 2 shorter sessions. Pain levels vary a bunch also. One mans 5 is another's 8. Because you are rating the scale on the worst ever pain you had. And some have had worse pain than others. What you are looking to do is stretch. So inflate to the point you feel the stretching and stop. If the stretching felling go's away try adding pumps until you again feel stretching. Repeat but if you feel pain you need to stop. So this is left up to the man and the mans pain level. And how much pain is just uncomfortable or how much is pain. Clear as mud right. As for how long. Well there were still times after 3 years with me I would feel mild pain. I was aggressively cycling before my repair surgery because I was told it would be 6 weeks before I could have sex again. I was also of the opinion that the long cycling for stretching was after you completed your doctors protocol for cycling and were fully healed. I hope this helps and best of luck going forward with this.
Last edited by newbie443 on Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

implant1959

Postby implant1959 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:04 pm

My cycling pain(discomfort) lasted less then 2 weeks. My surgeon instructions were to inflate for 15 minutes when cycling, right now at 20 weeks I inflate for about 20. There are times I am hard longer then that when using the implant. Follow your surgeon instructions, this isn't a competition about who can cycle it longer.
Scott, member of Bionic Brotherhood since 12/2/2020 with activation on 12/17/2020.
Coloplast Titan Touch.
Feel free to PM me, we all need an ear now and then.

barrylandon

Postby barrylandon » Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:21 am

There are a multitude of posts on FT about this topic from which you can get valuable information. Simply type "cycling" in the Search section. Personally, I cycled religiously for one hour daily beginning at 6 weeks post-op and continued until it was no longer painful, which happened at about 10 months post-op. According to my surgeon, once I no longer experienced discomfort from cycling, maximum length with my LGX would be achieved. After that, he said that length regained from cycling would not be lost if I stopped but that it would be good to cycle for half and hour once a week or so (in addition to being pumped up for sex!) just to keep the valve functioning properly.
Implanted 5/6/20 by Dr. Jesse Mills at UCLA; AMS 700 LGX 18 cm w/2 cm RTEs. I'm 76 & fit but had ED for 20 years. Pills/injections ultimately failed, including 3 ER trips for Priapism; Shockwave & embryonic stem cell therapies didn't help either.

SteveSW

Postby SteveSW » Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:38 am

I was implanted one month to the day before you, and began cycling 4 weeks later. At the beginning, I was able to inflate to max with no pain. I was staying staying rock hard usually for two one hour sessions daily. And then suddenly, a week or so later I began having really bad pain from the tip of the right cylinder in my glans. It was pretty bad for about 5 days. Then suddenly, I inflated one morning and it was pain free. The doctor thinks the pain may have been the result of that cylinder straightening out, both it and my penis and was forcing new space in the head. We are all very different, our bodies react differently. Time seems to be what takes care of the challenges. I was cleared for sex 3 weeks ago, still cycling daily, and putting my new dick to the test daily ever since. Hang in there, it will all work itself out.
20 years of severe Peyronie's plaque, 90 curve, hinging and ED. Cost me 1.5" L and 1" G.
Implanted 2/18/21, AMS CX, 18 CM + 3 RTE, penoscrotal. Have gained 3/4". Gay, married, age 68.

Agfa13

Postby Agfa13 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:07 am

Big difference (IMHO) between pain and discomfort!
I pump up until I am in discomfort, I feel the stretching, then try to go the distance. After about 40 min., it becomes painful. Unfortunately, I have the Titan Legacy, I have actual release buttons on each side of the block. When hands are not working right, that is when I start to get concerned.
I probably should have told Dr. that I am developing arthritis, but given my age, he should have known (IMHO) :D .
Ag, 58, Maryland
Document with BEFORE/after pics
AMS cx 24cm, Titan malleable, Titan Legacy on 3/2/20 (20cm/bilat 2cm RTE/ 75 cc)
Face pic on pg. 22: names and faces; dick pics on pg 7/41: Dick of day
Smaller dick, but can fuck without fail :lol: :D

Harvey750

Postby Harvey750 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:43 am

Implanted on 4/7/21 so almost 3 weeks post op. Dr. said he was aggressive with respect to cycling, and to start a 3-week regimen as soon as I felt comfortable doing so. Since he cleared me for hot baths a week after surgery, thought I would try at that time. On the second day in a bath, I was able to inflate and then immediately deflate with some fumbling and discomfort, but without pain. (My definition of pain would be that I would want to stop what I am doing to stop the pain.). Each day it got easer, and I am in the middle of the prescribed cycling before he says intercourse can be resumed. Still a little tender and I would not suggest cycling is pleasurable, but I look forward to pumping because I know it will lead to better times.

Good luck!
72 yo. Married 35 yrs to 2nd wife. Peyronie's surgery for 70°curve Sep 2018 by Dean Knoll in Nashville. Implanted on 7 Apr 2021 with AMS 700 CX by Dr. Knoll. Cylinders are 21 cm with 1 cm RTE's.

barrylandon

Postby barrylandon » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:37 am

Pumping is merely cycling when used for sexual purposes!!! :D
Implanted 5/6/20 by Dr. Jesse Mills at UCLA; AMS 700 LGX 18 cm w/2 cm RTEs. I'm 76 & fit but had ED for 20 years. Pills/injections ultimately failed, including 3 ER trips for Priapism; Shockwave & embryonic stem cell therapies didn't help either.

Quincy

Postby Quincy » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:17 pm

I've had my implant over 2 years. I never had a tremendous amount of pain from cycling after about the first 2 weeks but there was definitely some. The worst pain for me was just behind the head of my penis, where the hard cylinder tips meet the flexible cylinder tubes. That's the widest part of the implant and it hits me right where the flesh of my penis is thinnest, just behind the head. That lasted for several weeks, but wasn't too bad after 3-4 weeks.

The other "pain", more of a discomfort, was general achiness all over my dick just from being inflated. Both of these things lasted for quite a while, up to about 6 months, but only when fully inflated to max for more than 10 minutes. And neither was bad pain, just enough to let me know I was gaining some length.

A little pain in trade for length gain was a good exchange in my mind, so I kept trying to push things for a while.

Hope my answer helps.
Q.
71, Boise area, Married
ED from type 2 diabetes and PCa radiation.
AMS LGX surgery 6/5/18 with Edward Karpman in Silicon Valley, 18cm+3RTE

Return to “Implants”