Increasing longevity or durability of an implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
PeaceofPain07

Increasing longevity or durability of an implant

Postby PeaceofPain07 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:14 am

Hello FrankTalk,
Anyone hear of how to increase longevity of durability of an implant before it breaks? Especially for younger guys who will need more revisions, it may be wise to know this. Since each revision comes with a higher chance of infection.

To start off, I'm not sure if cycling more or less to increases longevity. Aggressive exercise?

I'm interested in increasing durability because I didn't have a smooth post-op due to what's most likely an antibiotic allergy reaction. Also moderate-severe constipation (probably also caused by antibiotics). Primary doctor recommended a colonoscopy, and I'll see what gastroenterologist suggests on monday.

The implant works though, which is most important thing. But I'd hate to have to potentially deal with antibiotics allergy again during future revisions down the line. That's 1 unique reason in my case why I want to extend durability, although there are good reasons for all of us to.
Last edited by PeaceofPain07 on Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Born 1986. Implanted 3/21, Eid. Titan 20cm + 1RTE. 5'11 178lbs.

A support group for ED in young males, but open to older males: facebook.com/groups/erectiledysfunction

newbie443

Re: Increasing longevity or durability of an implant

Postby newbie443 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:46 am

I really don't know the sweet spot for this. They are self lubricating so they do need to be used and wear a bit. Let set for long periods of time and used when that wear a bit lube is gone would be harder on them. And a lot of use (cycling) may 3-4 time a day would wear things out faster than once a day. But exactly what the best frequency I do not know. With your first implant some will do more cycling to regain size loss. A bit less with revisions I would think. I would like to see if there is any info published on this though.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

Gt1956

Re: Increasing longevity or durability of an implant

Postby Gt1956 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:18 pm

Just use it. There is a member, that due to him having a stroke, that never used his implant. Guess what, it failed anyway.
If it is going to fail without being used. I would rather wear it out from being used. At least you'd of had fun.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Return to “Implants”