Scheduled for implant in less then a week and kind of scared

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
boots1959

Re: Scheduled for implant in less then a week and kind of scared

Postby boots1959 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:54 pm

Wildwolfy2020 wrote:Scheduled to have an implant in less then a week and scared on what to expect. I've read up on so much about implants and had many appts with urologist leading up to. Could men of all ages please tell me how much pain to expect post op and for how long. Also does anyone regret having it done? I have been to Dr Eid in New York years ago and was very pleased with the visit. He took measurements while erect from an injection for what size implant I would need but he is not the one doing my surgery. A urologist is doing my surgery and he did not take any measurements so should I be concerned with that at all? I would appreciate alot of feed back to try to feel more comfortable about my decision to get an implant

Hi Wildwolfy,
I was certainly nervous pre-op but not scared, for me it had to be done.
Only measurement pre-op was urologist stretching penis and saying thats what you will end up with.
First 2-3 weeks were most painful, in the scrotum area, supporting the scrotum eased this to some degree. Also I was inflated to 60% for first 5 weeks, now thats uncomfortable when wearing pants/shorts and 1 of the best things in my recovery was being deflated at 5 weeks, what a relief.
I took paracetamol or nuerofen as pain relief in 1st couple of weeks.
Now 3 months after op very happy, cycling daily, having worry free sex and considering a career in the adult movie industry :lol: (joking about the last bit).
No regrets. Good luck.
Cheers boots.
Implanted AMS 700 lgx, Jan 15th 2021. 18cm with 3cm rte.

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:54 pm

I'll weigh in on my experience with this life changing procedure.

The pain wasn't as bad as just the discomfort.
I had to sleep in a recliner due to breathing problems, but I don't remember exactly why.
It's in my posts about my experiences.

My surgeon never asked my measurements nor did any meaningless estimations and he did induce an erection when I was unconscious. Whatever he did, he sized me perfectly.

I have no regrets since all the other alternatives had finally failed me.

Best of luck with your surgery. Your surgeon sounds like he knows what he (or she) is doing.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

wewokarents

Postby wewokarents » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:04 pm

Wildwolfy2020 wrote:Did any of you have trouble going to the bathroom post op because I read alot on here many had issues with urination post op

Some doc's wrap your weiner and some don't. Mine was not wrapped. It was free & proud (about 50% inflated). It hurt to pee....TELL don't ask the doc to use EXTRA lube on the catheter (you won't regret it). Phenazopyridine is a commercial dye, available OTC, called AZO. It has secondary properties as a urinary tract anti-inflamatory (it is not a pain reliever). My doc had the catheter removed about 5 hours after surgery, just before he released me from the hospital. Like someone else here posted.....the ONLY measurement that counts is the one made during surgery. The tool that expands the corpus cavernosum, the Furlow tool has measurments on the sides of it. That is the measurement used to determine the length of tubes & or plastic ends. Start taking Colace or something similar when you get home from hospital. If you haven't had a BM in a couple of days take a dose of milk of magnesia. Don't wait til you start to get miserable from lack of BM. Remember ice and more ice. I found the recliner more comfortable than the bed. I had surgery on a Thursday and was back at work on Monday. I am also 72 years old.
Implant 1/28/2021. Dr Stephen A Johnson. Done at Baylor, Scott and White in Sherman, Texas. TRT since 2005, serious ED from 2004. Used nearly all PDE5 drugs. Injections failed. Started cycling at 1 week. Cycle most days. AMS 700 CX 23cm, 100ml reservoir.

Blah1109

Postby Blah1109 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:26 am

Wildwolfy2020 wrote:Scheduled to have an implant in less then a week and scared on what to expect. I've read up on so much about implants and had many appts with urologist leading up to. Could men of all ages please tell me how much pain to expect post op and for how long. Also does anyone regret having it done? I have been to Dr Eid in New York years ago and was very pleased with the visit. He took measurements while erect from an injection for what size implant I would need but he is not the one doing my surgery. A urologist is doing my surgery and he did not take any measurements so should I be concerned with that at all? I would appreciate alot of feed back to try to feel more comfortable about my decision to get an implant

Good luck and let us know the out come, I'll be joining the team as well in about a month and I am nervous. My Dr also just did the stretch test and all he said this how it's ganna be never game a size and got nervous but I see that I was not the only one that got told that.

Return to “Implants”