Condom Use with Implanted Penis?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
RoninRiff

Condom Use with Implanted Penis?

Postby RoninRiff » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:59 am

I have noticed that the shape of the penis may change somewhat after placement of an inflatable prosthesis. From the photos I have seen, the erect implanted penis can appear flatter overall and wider at the base in some cases. For those guys who use condoms, does any change in the penis after surgery affect your ability to use condoms? Do condoms feel different? Do they stay in place ok? Do they pretty much work like they normally would or are there any differences? Have you encountered any particular issues with condom use that would be good to know about?
55 yo w 20 yrs of worsening ED. VL on US. Tried all PDE5-Is w decreasing efficacy. No longer tolerating SEs from meds. INJs did not work out well for me. Now sched for IPP w Dr. Eid in 12/2023.

Old Guy

Re: Condom Use with Implanted Penis?

Postby Old Guy » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:10 am

Since I had a vasectomy long before my implant don't use condoms. As far as my penis shape after the implant there isn't any difference except a bit shorter. I recently bought a toy condom. It's one that has an extra length head to make you about an inch longer. It stayed on just fine, but I've only used it once so far.
Don't see why using a condom with an implant would be any different.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

SteveSW

Postby SteveSW » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:17 am

They fit fine, maybe a little snugger, stays on and feels the same. The real upside is that you don't have to worry about losing your boner before getting it on. I don't routinely wear one, but have a couple of times recently.
20 years of severe Peyronie's plaque, 90 curve, hinging and ED. Cost me 1.5" L and 1" G.
Implanted 2/18/21, AMS CX, 18 CM + 3 RTE, penoscrotal. Have gained 3/4". Gay, married, age 68.

hopeful_future

Postby hopeful_future » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:50 am

RoninRiff wrote:I have noticed that the shape of the penis may change somewhat after placement of an inflatable prosthesis. From the photos I have seen, the erect implanted penis can appear flatter overall and wider at the base in some cases. For those guys who use condoms, does any change in the penis after surgery affect your ability to use condoms? Do condoms feel different? Do they stay in place ok? Do they pretty much work like they normally would or are there any differences? Have you encountered any particular issues with condom use that would be good to know about?

Condoms are really hard to keep on when you keep going soft, right? My experience has been that they stay on great with an implant, and work just as well as before, if not better.

I suggest putting a good bit of lube near the tip to allow a little friction as you thrust, makes the sensations a lot nicer for me.
39yo, ED since sexually active, moderate to severe. Bisexual. Pills helped a little, trimix and muse failed. Implanted 8/25/20 by Dr. Karpman, 22cm+1RTE Titan Touch.

GoodWood

Postby GoodWood » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:01 am

If you are going to wear a condom it feels best when it’s one that fits.

I really struggled with condoms because of my girth. They were uncomfortable, distracting, and squeezed the hell out of my cock.

http://www.OneCondoms.com (find “myONE perfect fit” on their website) has 60 different combinations of length and girth and directions about how to measure properly. I have no affiliation with the company other than being a happy customer.

Check them out.
55yo, NYC. ED started at 40. 50 units BiMix + Atropine (Pap 30/Phen 6/Atr 0.2). Prostaglandins caused aching. Doses increasing. A cock ring helps. Phallosan Forte tension devise to maintain size. Eager to talk about implant experiences.

RoninRiff

Postby RoninRiff » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:37 pm

Those are great points, Steve and Hopeful. For me, having to wear a restrictive condom has always made the ED even worse. It would be great to be able to wear a condom and be confident that my erection will not go down until I want it to. That does seem like a major plus for the implant.
55 yo w 20 yrs of worsening ED. VL on US. Tried all PDE5-Is w decreasing efficacy. No longer tolerating SEs from meds. INJs did not work out well for me. Now sched for IPP w Dr. Eid in 12/2023.

LMCatman

Postby LMCatman » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:11 am

Having used many condoms with many girls since being implanted ...... no change.....good luck man!
73 Years old. RP Oct 2010, No erections after, Botched Titan implant April, 2013, Successful Titan revision, April , 2014 by Dr. Paul Perito, Miami. Titan failure Feb 2017. Rev. by Dr Perito March 1st, 2017. Titan failure Nov 2020. New Titan January 2021

LookingUp

Postby LookingUp » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:52 am

LMCatman... you're my Hero.

LUp
ED 26 years. 1995->Pills->Shots->Implant penoscrotal Implanted Feb2021, AMS CX, 18 CM + 3 RTE, penoscrotal, 100cc reservoir. Looking forward to revision with a better Doctor.

Up4Real?

Postby Up4Real? » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:48 am

LM Catman,
Would you care to share why you have had so many revisions?
Was it because of overuse and you wore them out? :D
I'm sure many of us would be interested.
Thank you.
Up4Real?
1947-76YO Uncut Married 47 years to supportive wife. Serious ED at 65YO. Used pills, VED, rings, Muse, Increasing Trimix: discontinued with 85 units of 80/3/25 didn't work. Got peyronies. 22cm Coloplast Titan 11/18/20. Legacy pump.125ml reservoir. Pleased

Biker60

Postby Biker60 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:26 pm

With the coloplast titan my first implant left the penis more oval flat like. So it was wider especially at the base. Condoms, I found where uncomfortable. I had the Titan narrow implant and the penis got wider from glans down. They stayed on, but very uncomfortable.

Return to “Implants”