Cost question about Dr. Hakky's fees in Apr 2021

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
SomeGuy

Cost question about Dr. Hakky's fees in Apr 2021

Postby SomeGuy » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:52 pm

Hi,
I contacted Dr. Hakky's office to schedule a call with him to discuss a possible revision for an implant that I had in June 2020 by a different physician. I told his office manager ( Monica ) that I would have to probably pay for it myself.

(To those reading, don't get stuck on that aspect. I'll give them my Medicare and Tricare info, but I asked what it would cost me if I had to completely pay for it myself.)

So, on 12 Apr 2021, I spoke with Dr. Hakky's office manager, Monica. She said she was only on this job for 3 months.

She was not very knowledgeable about actual costs to the patient.

At first, she quoted $22 - $23,000 for the HOSPITAL, and $5,000 for Dr. Hakky's fee. Later in the same call, it became $22,000 - $26,000 for the HOSPITAL, and still $5,000 for Dr. H.

I told her those were different numbers from what I'd seen written about Dr. H's costs and fees. (That's when she mentioned being on the job for only 3 months.) She said she'd check and let me know what the numbers were at some unspecified later date. Then I was scheduled for a May call with Dr. H.

Obvious question FOR THOSE WHO HAVE RECENTLY had a REVISION by Dr. Hakky (and bearing in mind that I am a NEW patient to his practice):

1. What costs were you quoted?

2. What did you pay (especially if you paid for it yourself)?

3. What were the 'hospital' costs?

Any other info such recent patients of Dr. H can provide would be great.

Thanks
BAM
Last edited by SomeGuy on Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

newbie443

Re: Cost question about Dr. Hakkey's fees in Apr 2021

Postby newbie443 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:38 pm

Welcome to the site. I don't know about revision fees. He was listed on Surgeo for penile implant for 18,100.00 I would like to know though the difference in cost. I also had trouble with the office staff trying to get them to help me get out to see him for my revision.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

NothingIsOver

Postby NothingIsOver » Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:14 pm

BAM,

I'm a recent patient of Dr. Hakky. Not to be a jerk, but there's no "e."

I paid out of pocket for my in-office procedure. It was my initial surgery but I figured I'd post anyway. The total cost was $17,000. This is only an option if you have no medical conditions that would require a hospital setting for your surgery. This is the doctor's call. I don't know if he does revisions in the office.

Here is the cost breakdown I was quoted before they determined I could have an in-office procedure:

Surgeon's fee: $5,200
Hospital fee: $18,350 (may include anesthesia, not sure)
Implant: $10,000

Total: $33,550

As you can see, this is nearly twice as much as I ended up paying. The hospital cost alone is higher than the entire procedure, when done in-office. Personally, I think it's obscene what the hospital is charging, considering this is for outpatient surgery and you will only be there a few hours. Let Medicare pay for it if at all possible.

With regard to staff, it does seem there has been some turnover in his operation recently. I think multiple people left/joined around the start of the year (not unusual I suppose). There is a new surgery scheduler in addition to the office manager you mentioned. I often contacted his front desk coordinator, Ms. Lidiane Fernandes. She was always helpful and responsive.

Finally, I should just point out that my pricing information may already be outdated or specific to my situation. Everyone has to do their due diligence (which it seems you are).

Good luck!
Born 1982
ED due to Peyronie's/VL
Implanted March 2021 by Dr. Tariq Hakky
Titan XL - 24 cm - Touch Pump - no RTEs - 125 cc reservoir
"Nothing is over until we decide it is!" - Bluto, Animal House

Ronn1708

Postby Ronn1708 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:45 am

I am currently a patient of Dr Hakky. I have a follow up appt Monday of next week. He did a total revision on March 30, at Northside Hospital Lawrenceville. He has had turnover in some of his employees. Monica is new but a wonderful person and is learning rather quickly I might add. She is helpful and will gather information and call you back. I had insurance so I am not sure of the actual cost after all the figures are broken down but the hospital billed my insurance $74k. but after all the agreements have been deducted they will probably end up with about $23k.

Also I may be speaking out of turn on this but some employees request and demand more money to continue employment and if they don't get it they quit and then post negative reviews on the web and facebook concerning the job they left. I just heard on the news this morning that the minimum wage in New York city is 415.00 per hour but with the Government checks for unemployment and the stimulus checks the average hourly rate for unemployed is $20.00 per hour....... GO figure.... People are not stupid why be confined to a job when you can get more money doing what you want to do all day every day!! Just saying
Revision 2/13/24 Dr Tariq Hakky, Atlanta (Great Doctor) Titan 24XL no Rte’s. I’m 62 married. I have had numerous revisions due to product and body failures. Always had a Titan ipp.

SomeGuy

Postby SomeGuy » Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:04 pm

newbie443 wrote:Welcome to the site. I don't know about revision fees. He was listed on Surgeo for penile implant for 18,100.00 I would like to know though the difference in cost. I also had trouble with the office staff trying to get them to help me get out to see him for my revision.

newbie443,
Thanks for replying. I appreciate it.
BAM

SomeGuy

Postby SomeGuy » Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:10 pm

NothingIsOver wrote:BAM,

I'm a recent patient of Dr. Hakky. Not to be a jerk, but there's no "e."

I paid out of pocket for my in-office procedure. It was my initial surgery but I figured I'd post anyway. The total cost was $17,000. This is only an option if you have no medical conditions that would require a hospital setting for your surgery. This is the doctor's call. I don't know if he does revisions in the office.

Here is the cost breakdown I was quoted before they determined I could have an in-office procedure:

Surgeon's fee: $5,200
Hospital fee: $18,350 (may include anesthesia, not sure)
Implant: $10,000

Total: $33,550

As you can see, this is nearly twice as much as I ended up paying. The hospital cost alone is higher than the entire procedure, when done in-office. Personally, I think it's obscene what the hospital is charging, considering this is for outpatient surgery and you will only be there a few hours. Let Medicare pay for it if at all possible.

With regard to staff, it does seem there has been some turnover in his operation recently. I think multiple people left/joined around the start of the year (not unusual I suppose). There is a new surgery scheduler in addition to the office manager you mentioned. I often contacted his front desk coordinator, Ms. Lidiane Fernandes. She was always helpful and responsive.

Finally, I should just point out that my pricing information may already be outdated or specific to my situation. Everyone has to do their due diligence (which it seems you are).

Good luck!

NothingIsOver,

Thank you. Don't worry, I don't think you're a 'jrk' (lol).

That's really pertinent info for an initial implant if hospitalization is needed. Good info for others doing their initial.

Thanks very much for replying.

BAM

SomeGuy

Postby SomeGuy » Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:14 pm

Ronn1708 wrote:I am currently a patient of Dr Hakky. I have a follow up appt Monday of next week. He did a total revision on March 30, at Northside Hospital Lawrenceville. He has had turnover in some of his employees. Monica is new but a wonderful person and is learning rather quickly I might add. She is helpful and will gather information and call you back. I had insurance so I am not sure of the actual cost after all the figures are broken down but the hospital billed my insurance $74k. but after all the agreements have been deducted they will probably end up with about $23k.

Also I may be speaking out of turn on this but some employees request and demand more money to continue employment and if they don't get it they quit and then post negative reviews on the web and facebook concerning the job they left. I just heard on the news this morning that the minimum wage in New York city is 415.00 per hour but with the Government checks for unemployment and the stimulus checks the average hourly rate for unemployed is $20.00 per hour....... GO figure.... People are not stupid why be confined to a job when you can get more money doing what you want to do all day every day!! Just saying

Ronn1708,

Thanks for taking the time to provide that info. It could be very helpful for others using insurance to get a revision by Dr. H. (I'm not sure I can take much from for my particular case, but I do appreciate your help.)

Thanks again,

BAM

czarr12345

Re: Cost question about Dr. Hakky's fees in Apr 2021

Postby czarr12345 » Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:38 am

Just a cost update for Dr Hakky.

I called today 8/29/2023 and Waquisha Chancellor Lead Scheduler said the price for implant is now 22k

does this sound right?
51 yo married , been suffering from ED past two years. Bodybuilder, other than ED - I'm in Great health.

Return to “Implants”