Revisions

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Rawness1111

Revisions

Postby Rawness1111 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:51 pm

How many revisions can one person receive? As I understand it 7-8 is the most that anyone has had. And also if you have had so many revisions the chances of you receiving an infection is increased. And once you have recieved and infection you have to get a semi rigid/malleable rod. And I am still not sure what sex is like with a malleable rod because either no one has one and-or is having sex with one and chooses to speak about it. I'm not even sure if you can have pleasure and ejaculate with one. I don't want to discourage anyone from choosing an implant. When I first found this site I was afraid but now. I have the mindset and I'm sure that there are many other that feel like OK this is my life so let me get all of the information that I can in moving forward.
32 yrs old. Newly developed ed with divorce and searching for solutions.

Gt1956

Re: Revisions

Postby Gt1956 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:26 pm

You need to search the FT history. Several members have been open about their infections & having a malleable for awhile. The member that I'm thinking of was about 2 years ago. He has an inflatable now.
Just for information, he had the same common complaints with his malleable as others. Even though at first he thought that it wouldn't be a bad implant. The issues with the malleables are there everyday & most men get tired of those issues. Just remember, a malleable is designed for specific situations if you are considering one. If you don't fit those conditions then they are not as great as some men think.
My father in law had a semi ridgid one in the early 1990's. I don't know the brand or name of it. He had serious hand/finger arthritis. To the best of my knowledge, it was good for his conditions & I think it served him well. I don't think he ever had a revision & took it to his grave. I never heard him complain about it but he did confide in me that he had ED. He was upset & I truly felt bad for him but I didn't have any knowledge about implants 30+ years ago.
As for the number of revisions part of your post. Please think of this. Not all revision have a complete implant remove & replacement. Having a couple of pump replacements are probably not going to cause you many problems & the recovery is pretty quick as I understand it. So, in the long run. If you only need simple revisions. I would venture a guess that you shouldn't need to worry very much about "running out" of revisions.
My wife fought endometriosis for YEARS. Multiple surgeries, plus a gall bladder removal. She had 3 partial hysterectomies. I sat through many surgery consultations. I never heard a surgeon say that they were "running out of surgeries". I did hear 1 doctor joke that they might put in a zipper to make it easier. He did make it clear that it was a joke.
In my opinion, this fear of limited revision is not based upon any basis that I have seen. I chalk it up as internet rumors.
Find the best surgeon in your region that you can.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:50 pm

Having to get a revision scares me, but at my age hopefully this thing will last longer than I do, LOL.
From what I've read here, a revision is easier to handle. From a medical view I understand that because the initial implant surgery removes/destroys the corpora cavernosa. Plus the incision into the abdomen to place the reservoir.
There isn't all that tissue to be cut during a revision. The corpora cavernosa are already clear to accept new cylinders.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

SW0110

Postby SW0110 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:49 pm

I may be in the minority here. I could care less.

No hard dick before. So what I have now is great. Breaks. Fix it.

Till they say they can't. No worse off than before. So why worry about it.

One of those things I just really have no thoughts about.

Breaks. Fix it asap. Can't fix it. I was at same place 3 years ago.
18 cm plus 1 rte titan installed March 2019. Revision March 2020 by Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY. He replaced the titan with an AMS 700 LGX 18 cm cylinder plus 2 rte for 20 cm total length.

Return to “Implants”