Cutting down hard end of implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
wolfpacker

Cutting down hard end of implant

Postby wolfpacker » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:33 pm

I had a phone consult recently with Dr Eid and he told me that the Titan cylinders have 5cm of uninflatable material on the proximal end, the end that goes into your body. He said that if a patient measures for example 19cm when being sized during the op, rather than using an 18cm cylinder and adding 1cm RTE, he can use a 20cm cylinder and cut 1cm off of the hard end. Has anyone had this happen during their operation, or ever heard of any other surgeon who does this?
Early 30s with ED for years from penis enlargement stretching and jelqing. Implant by Dr Eid on 24 June 2021 with a Titan 24cm with +1cm RTE on one side and -1cm cut off on the other side

My journal: viewtopic.php?t=17202

newbie443

Re: Cutting down hard end of implant

Postby newbie443 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:45 pm

That is the only doctor I have read of doing that. I have also read and talked to other doctors that say the tips will be within .5cm of each other in the glans as the RTE's are in .5cm increments. I have read this doctor not only dose this to fit a lager cylinder but will also trim to insure the tips are the exact same in the glans. Takes longer than my doctor or a well known Florida doctor that I have heard say they can do a 10-15 implant surgery. They use this fast surgery to help with infection. As you are cut open for a shorter time and less chance of contamination.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

warrenw

Postby warrenw » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:50 pm

wolfpacker wrote:Has anyone had this happen during their operation, or ever heard of any other surgeon who does this?

Yes, he did that for me, 20cm one side & 21cm on the other. I don't know where he got the cylinders, both cut from a 22cm kit, or if he has spare singles available. The trimming is probably 30 seconds with a Dremel type tool. I didn't know he had done this until I read my surgical report.

He also custom fits the tubing so the length is correct to hold the pump at the best height in the scrotum. He warned me to not pull on the pump during healing, saying it was already positioned where he wanted it, and he was correct about that.
Implant - Dr Eid 12/2017, Titan Touch 20/21cm no RTE, 125cc reservoir

merrix

Postby merrix » Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:59 am

Eid is a firm believer in that the less non-inflatable part of the implant the better.
Not only does he use as few RTEs as possible, but he even uses "negative" length of RTEs, i.e. rather cutting off the fixed part of a cylinder than going down in size and adding 1 cm RTE.
He launched a term, "rigidity factor", which is defined as:
(Inflatable length / Total length).
He claims the higher this factor, the higher the rigidity of the implant.

So in your case, the difference between 18+1 or 20-1 (both a total of 19 cm) would be:

18+1
(18-5)/(18+1)=13/19=68%

20-1
(20-5)/(20-1)=15/19=79%

That would also push the joint between inflatable and non-inflatable parts 2 cm further in to the body, minimizing the "hinge-effect", or the wobbling of the inflated penis.
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

Return to “Implants”