Eid vs Hakky

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
wolfpacker

Eid vs Hakky

Postby wolfpacker » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:23 am

Hi all, getting close to my final implant decision and I've narrowed it down to Dr Eid or Dr Hakky. I think Dr Eid is a more renowned doctor, but his costs are about $8k more than Hakky at ~$26k vs $18k. Not sure how long I'd have to stay in NYC for Eid, but I'm sure the cost of living in NYC could also ratchet up that cost difference vs staying in Atlanta for Hakky. Anyone have an opinion if the experience of Eid is worth the extra $8k+? I know they're both great surgeons but since I'm young, I think it may be worth it to shell out for the absolute best first implant. All opinions welcome.
Early 30s with ED for years from penis enlargement stretching and jelqing. Implant by Dr Eid on 24 June 2021 with a Titan 24cm with +1cm RTE on one side and -1cm cut off on the other side

My journal: viewtopic.php?t=17202

Enzo11

Re: Eid vs Hakky

Postby Enzo11 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:29 am

wolfpacker wrote:Hi all, getting close to my final implant decision and I've narrowed it down to Dr Eid or Dr Hakky. I think Dr Eid is a more renowned doctor, but his costs are about $8k more than Hakky at ~$26k vs $18k. Not sure how long I'd have to stay in NYC for Eid, but I'm sure the cost of living in NYC could also ratchet up that cost difference vs staying in Atlanta for Hakky. Anyone have an opinion if the experience of Eid is worth the extra $8k+? I know they're both great surgeons but since I'm young, I think it may be worth it to shell out for the absolute best first implant. All opinions welcome.

I will be going with Eid. Should have a date very soon. I feel if you in ny there is no other option. Not to say others are not great and fully capable. But after meeting with Eid I feel 100% comfortable with him. I will also be paying out of pocket mine little of 30 not sure why but if it would have cost 100k I would find a way
40 years old from NY. Suffering for 5/6 years All pills,injections, shock wave, prp shot, pumps failed or stop working. VL recently confirmed. Implanted 5/21/21 Dr Eid

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:32 am

Some things to think about is, do both use a drain? A drain is another incision and a possible source of infection. What is activation time for each? Shorter activation has been shown to reduce size loss pre vs post op. I would start local before I travelled. After care is very difficult long distance.

Both are fine doctors with really good reputations and you just need to ask them questions and decide. Good luck in your surgeon search.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

ViaSwiss

Postby ViaSwiss » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:15 pm

I sometimes think that this board overrates Kramer and Eid. They are for sure top of the class, but it doesn't mean there are not others up right there with them. Hakky is definitely one of them. While I am using Tatem, I have bugged Hakky with some questions about a potential vasectomy reversal in the future after an implant and have been very impressed with his communication and openness to me. I think that Hakky, Clavell, Tatem, Karpmann, Kansas, Blick, Christine all deserve more credit than they get here.
Age 35. Venous Leakage & Post Finasteride Syndrome (PFS) since age 18.
Original Implant | June 25, 2021 | 20cm Titan w 1.5cm & 1cm RTEs
Revision | November 16, 2021 | 26cm | Dr. Hakky

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:50 pm

ViaSwiss wrote:I sometimes think that this board overrates Kramer and Eid. They are for sure top of the class, but it doesn't mean there are not others up right there with them. Hakky is definitely one of them. While I am using Tatem, I have bugged Hakky with some questions about a potential vasectomy reversal in the future after an implant and have been very impressed with his communication and openness to me. I think that Hakky, Clavell, Tatem, Karpmann, Kansas, Blick, Christine all deserve more credit than they get here.

Lots and lots more than that.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

66 years young.

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:50 pm

ViaSwiss wrote:I sometimes think that this board overrates Kramer and Eid. They are for sure top of the class, but it doesn't mean there are not others up right there with them. Hakky is definitely one of them. While I am using Tatem, I have bugged Hakky with some questions about a potential vasectomy reversal in the future after an implant and have been very impressed with his communication and openness to me. I think that Hakky, Clavell, Tatem, Karpmann, Kansas, Blick, Christine all deserve more credit than they get here.

Lots and lots more than that.

66 years young.

robertm

Postby robertm » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:32 pm

For those using Medicare, is the cost of an implant covered? Hospital and physician fees? If Eid fee is 8k more than Hakky, how would that work with Medicare?
60 yrs old. Gradually worsening ED for 10 years. Pills and trimix not working well anymore. Will need an implant in the near future.

warrenw

Postby warrenw » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:00 pm

^^^^
Medicare + supplement covers the surgery 100%, the only out of pocket costs being travel & lodging.
Implant - Dr Eid 12/2017, Titan Touch 20/21cm no RTE, 125cc reservoir

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:02 pm

robertm wrote:For those using Medicare, is the cost of an implant covered? Hospital and physician fees? If Eid fee is 8k more than Hakky, how would that work with Medicare?

Just a guess on my part. I don't think the Medicare rate is the same across the country. I'm fairly certain that in a high cost city like NYC the reimbursement is higher.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Ronn1708

Postby Ronn1708 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:36 pm

I have never used Eid but I have used Dr Hakky just last week. He, his office staff, his surgical team, and the hospital he used are all first class !! I couldn’t ask for better treatment and care from them all. Love Dr Hakky !!! He is very easy to talk with and is very knowledgeable of all aspects of the implant. He’s got one of the lowest infection rates in his patients. He keeps up with all the stats ! I had several issues and some were caused by a previous high volume doctor and Dr Hakky has succeeded in getting everything back to working order. Like I said he snd his team have assisted me four times and now everything is great!!!
Oh I also was cleared for cycling at day 7..
Just my two cents !
Revision 2/13/24 Dr Tariq Hakky, Atlanta (Great Doctor) Titan 24XL no Rte’s. I’m 62 married. I have had numerous revisions due to product and body failures. Always had a Titan ipp.

Return to “Implants”