Info on surgeon

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Leebert

Info on surgeon

Postby Leebert » Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:33 pm

Looking for a surgeon and been on my phone talking to the staff with not good results. One said they dont think they do a lot of them, thats out! Most say i have to do a consult with doctor but, I'll have out of pocket after the first visit. so, im not doing that.got a appt. with my uro in june, not to sure about him either! I live near the grand rapids mi. area. My wife doesn't really want to travel very far. she wants me to check near by, like 2hr drive. Any suggestions guys? Thx, lee
I'm 65, heart attack w/stent 10 yrs ago, mod.HBP, married 46 yrs, retired.2 strokes.No damage, except start of Ed, Live in Ada Michigan. implanted by Dr. Wise in Grand Rapids mi. Implanted on 9/2/21 with 15 cm + 5cm rte. Ams 700 cx ms pump

NothingIsOver

Re: Info on surgeon

Postby NothingIsOver » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:47 pm

I've heard good things about Dr. Alex Tatem in Indianapolis. Not sure if that is less than 2 hours. Explain to your wife that when it comes to this procedure, all surgeons are not created equal! Driving a bit further might mean the difference between a good result and a disastrous one.

Also, Dr. Lawrence Levine in Chicago is highly regarded.
Born 1982
ED due to Peyronie's/VL
Implanted March 2021 by Dr. Tariq Hakky
Titan XL - 24 cm - Touch Pump - no RTEs - 125 cc reservoir
"Nothing is over until we decide it is!" - Bluto, Animal House

Quincy

Postby Quincy » Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:07 pm

Call the reps from Boston Scientific (AMS) or Coloplast (Titan) and get an idea of the docs near you that do the most implants. I'd be very cautious of going to a doctor that doesn't do a lot of them. Too many stories of botched surgeries or doctors that weren't interested in maintaining size. That said, don't avoid the surgery if you need/want it. When they are done correctly, implants are wonderful!

I believe the AMS number is (844) 433-2873. I don't have any info about Coloplast, but they should have a number on their website.

I was very concerned about getting the right doctor, the right implant, the right type of surgery. I ended up traveling 700 miles to get it done. Glad I did and very happy with the result.

Wishing the best for you.
Q.
71, Boise area, Married
ED from type 2 diabetes and PCa radiation.
AMS LGX surgery 6/5/18 with Edward Karpman in Silicon Valley, 18cm+3RTE

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:48 pm

Quincy speaks from experience. Outcome is more important than travel convenience. Ask your wife just how bad of job she'd accept to save an hour or two on the road. Time after time men have proved to this forum that not all implant doctors are competent.
In order to offer you some surgeon suggestions. You need to provide the names of several large cities that you're willing to drive to.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Leebert

Postby Leebert » Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:55 pm

Found an institute with a lot of surgeons down by pontiac michigan, will try them, some have a lot of awards and the one i was interested in is the director of surgery, still got to call them. I would just like to see if i can locate one before i see my uro, so i got some ammunition to take with me or not. I have priority edge medicare, i think I'll need a referral.
I'm 65, heart attack w/stent 10 yrs ago, mod.HBP, married 46 yrs, retired.2 strokes.No damage, except start of Ed, Live in Ada Michigan. implanted by Dr. Wise in Grand Rapids mi. Implanted on 9/2/21 with 15 cm + 5cm rte. Ams 700 cx ms pump

Return to “Implants”