Interacting with AMS and Coloplast Representatives

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
AST2123

Interacting with AMS and Coloplast Representatives

Postby AST2123 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:07 pm

I see in many posts here, members call and meet AMS or Coloplast representatives. Isn't the surgeon the point of contact for any patient?
I wonder what information I can get from the representative that my doctor can't provide.
Also, if I got different instructions, which ones should I follow? I believe my doctor's. If anything goes wrong, the doctor should be accountable, if it is a device failure, doctor is to reach out to manufacturer, I suppose.
After more than 2 months of my implant, I didn't have any contact with AMS representative, while I met 3 times with my doctor.
Finally Bionic
52y old. RP Oct. 2017. Pills didn't work. Trimix failed after a couple of times. Have inguinal hernia repair on both sides. Implanted AMS CX, 21 cm+1 cm RTE, by Dr. Kai Li at KP, VA, Jan. 2021. New username FinallyBionic

SteveSW

Re: Interacting with AMS and Coloplast Representatives

Postby SteveSW » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:50 pm

I found the AMS liaison/rep to be incredibly helpful. While he couldn't recommend a specific Dr., he did list who he considered to be the top 3 or 4 in the area. He also directed me to a patient advocate who was over the top informative, kind and helpful with opinions about the surgeons. He also has an implant, and lives in the area. He gave me the names of two implant patients of the doctor I was most serious about using. They are resources for information outside the purview of the Dr.
20 years of severe Peyronie's plaque, 90 curve, hinging and ED. Cost me 1.5" L and 1" G.
Implanted 2/18/21, AMS CX, 18 CM + 3 RTE, penoscrotal. Have gained 3/4". Gay, married, age 68.

fade3W

Postby fade3W » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:07 pm

In my brief experience, the surgeon will have the best answers for the medical aspects of surgery and recovery, and the patient liaison will have tips and tricks in regards to living with an implant. The liaison I dealt with has had a few Titans and therefore knows the ins and outs of inflating/deflating, clothing, living etc.

ALWAYS check with surgeon first with any questions (especially if you’re in pain), then follow up with the rep for more info
Mid-30s
Titan 20 cm + 1 RTE to fix Peyronies, March 2021

AST2123

Postby AST2123 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:13 pm

SteveSW wrote:I found the AMS liaison/rep to be incredibly helpful. While he couldn't recommend a specific Dr., he did list who he considered to be the top 3 or 4 in the area. He also directed me to a patient advocate who was over the top informative, kind and helpful with opinions about the surgeons. He also has an implant, and lives in the area. He gave me the names of two implant patients of the doctor I was most serious about using. They are resources for information outside the purview of the Dr.

Thanks Steve!
This is very helpful information. I didn't think about contacting the patient liaison before surgery. I think they can help with insurance tips as well!
Finally Bionic
52y old. RP Oct. 2017. Pills didn't work. Trimix failed after a couple of times. Have inguinal hernia repair on both sides. Implanted AMS CX, 21 cm+1 cm RTE, by Dr. Kai Li at KP, VA, Jan. 2021. New username FinallyBionic

AST2123

Postby AST2123 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:41 pm

fade3W wrote:In my brief experience, the surgeon will have the best answers for the medical aspects of surgery and recovery, and the patient liaison will have tips and tricks in regards to living with an implant. The liaison I dealt with has had a few Titans and therefore knows the ins and outs of inflating/deflating, clothing, living etc.

ALWAYS check with surgeon first with any questions (especially if you’re in pain), then follow up with the rep for more info

Thanks Fade3W!
Finally Bionic

Txagq8

Postby Txagq8 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:39 pm

I met the AMS Rep one time. In the operating room. I had already had a taste of Demerol so I wouldn’t recognize him in WalMart even if I ran over him with my basket. Basically, they wheeled me in, introduced everybody, and then gave me a blast of propafol and that’s the last time I saw him.

The after care from surgeon and his PA was superb, I never needed to call or see anyone to get answers or discuss issues. Frankly, after the first 6 weeks there just haven’t been any issues.

I’m using the same clinic for my TRT now, and when I go in for my 6 month review either the surgeon or his PA have me inflate, deflate, they take a look at everything. Sort of like a preventative maintenance visit.

I have a phone # for AMS but can’t imagine why I’d need to call them when the surgeon and his staff are so proactive.
Robust, adolescent 65 year old. Venous leakage forever. Used shots, shots+pills 30+ years. Married to same wife ~35 yrs. Implanted 31Dec2019 in Austin Tx. AMS 700 LGX 18 cm with 5 cm RTE.

dhiker99

Postby dhiker99 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:46 am

I am in the process of selecting a surgeon. Called Coloplast and they would not give me the local reps contact info. Can anyone tell me where to call to get the contact info for the AMS rep in my area (Cleveland)?
Implanted 4/22/21, Coloplast Titan

ViaSwiss

Postby ViaSwiss » Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:34 am

This lady will hook you up w a local. Very nice lady.

Elleen
Patient Education Coordinator
Boston Scientific Men’s Health
Urology and Pelvic Health
Coordinator.Elleen@bsci.com
Phone 952-930-5724
Age 35. Venous Leakage & Post Finasteride Syndrome (PFS) since age 18.
Original Implant | June 25, 2021 | 20cm Titan w 1.5cm & 1cm RTEs
Revision | November 16, 2021 | 26cm | Dr. Hakky

Return to “Implants”