Reservoir failure ? anyone?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Biker60

Reservoir failure ? anyone?

Postby Biker60 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:12 pm

Posted earlier that my pump is not inflating. I am getting pain by the reservoir. Could the lock out that keeps black flow be stuck? Anyone have a similar situation? That the reservoir and not the pump had failed. ? I have been on FT for awhile. I thought I would have gotten a response to pump failure. Many of you guys have had it. But no reply. Well if anyone cares to comment, it would be appreciated.

cgdirector

Re: Reservoir failure ? anyone?

Postby cgdirector » Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:57 pm

Biker60 wrote:Posted earlier that my pump is not inflating. I am getting pain by the reservoir. Could the lock out that keeps black flow be stuck? Anyone have a similar situation? That the reservoir and not the pump had failed. ? I have been on FT for awhile. I thought I would have gotten a response to pump failure. Many of you guys have had it. But no reply. Well if anyone cares to comment, it would be appreciated.

What kind of implant do you have? Is the pump giving (does it "compress")? If it gives/compresses, does it return to it's normal size afterwards? Is the pump hard and not compressing?
54 yr. old with PD Implanted with Coloplast Titan One Touch 18 + 2 RTE 11/23/2020.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:31 pm

Put in a call to the manufacturer's Patient Liaison. The PL's function is to help patients with questions exactly like yours. Their help if free to you and they are often better at diagnosing hardware problems and talking you through fixes than even the surgeons.

Then let us know how it worked out. The problem you described is likely to be something others have experienced. You will then become one of the mentors on this site.

Failing that, please describe all the features of your pump failure (I have not seen your earlier post-can you post a link to it or copy/paste it here?)
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Biker60

Postby Biker60 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:13 pm

cgdirector wrote:
Biker60 wrote:Posted earlier that my pump is not inflating. I am getting pain by the reservoir. Could the lock out that keeps black flow be stuck? Anyone have a similar situation? That the reservoir and not the pump had failed. ? I have been on FT for awhile. I thought I would have gotten a response to pump failure. Many of you guys have had it. But no reply. Well if anyone cares to comment, it would be appreciated.

What kind of implant do you have? Is the pump giving (does it "compress")? If it gives/compresses, does it return to it's normal size afterwards? Is the pump hard and not compressing?

Coloplast titan genesis pump. I get 2 pumps and the pumps stay stuck in the squeeze position. If I press the deflate bars it pops out. It as thou it is out of saline. This just came on out of nowhere. Sucks because I am in a new relationship and sex was going well. I was worried that being with an aggressive sex partner could be damaging. Well I did not tell her that this happened a day after we where together.

warrenw

Postby warrenw » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:40 pm

I recall that member "1Roofer" had problems with a Genesis pump. You might search for his posts on that or send him a PM.
Implant - Dr Eid 12/2017, Titan Touch 20/21cm no RTE, 125cc reservoir

Biker60

Postby Biker60 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:47 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:Put in a call to the manufacturer's Patient Liaison. The PL's function is to help patients with questions exactly like yours. Their help if free to you and they are often better at diagnosing hardware problems and talking you through fixes than even the surgeons.

Then let us know how it worked out. The problem you described is likely to be something others have experienced. You will then become one of the mentors on this site.

Failing that, please describe all the features of your pump failure (I have not seen your earlier post-can you post a link to it or copy/paste it here?)

Spoke to coloplast customer reps. She sent me some info on inflating and deflating. But she still insisted I should be seen ASAP. I think the lockout valve in the reservoir is Stuck. The uro might be able to manipulate reservoir to press on the disk. I am having pain right where the reservoir is. So Nobody will know where the failure is until it is removed.

rdnkbiker

Postby rdnkbiker » Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:17 pm

wish you luck Biker wish i had more to help only thing i have seen is pump failure hope for the best
jim
HBP since my 20s Full ED i was 55 when i received my implant January 17th 2017 sever scare tissue through corpora cavernosa clear to the glands (no blood flow) complete revision new equipment july 10th 2023 AMS CX 21cm by DR.William Brant very happy

bentorangepecker

Postby bentorangepecker » Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:21 pm

AMS 700. Getting replaced in 2 weeks. Less than 2 years old. Doc confirmed its a unit failure.
AMS700 LGX MS Pump IZ 18 CM x 12MM ( original )
3cm extender ( original )
AMS Conceal reservoir
June 6 2019
Dr. Zammstein
Revision 4/6/21
21cm x 12
2 cm extenders

Ronn1708

Postby Ronn1708 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:51 pm

Sorry you’re having issues. I had that problem and it was the pump that was defective. I’m told they have recalled that pump but I can’t say for sure. The doctor replaced my pump with a one touch pump.
Revision 2/13/24 Dr Tariq Hakky, Atlanta (Great Doctor) Titan 24XL no Rte’s. I’m 62 married. I have had numerous revisions due to product and body failures. Always had a Titan ipp.

Biker60

Postby Biker60 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:24 pm

Did everyone who had a redo have everything replaced ? Is the 2nd surgery easier then the 1st? Since the space is there for the parts. Also, does the 2nd revision need a larger or longer implant. Mine is 18cm. I read since there is more space they can go up a bit? Any truth to that. ?

Can’t believe I have to do this again.

Return to “Implants”