Having a hard time moving forward with implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Enzo11

Having a hard time moving forward with implant

Postby Enzo11 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:19 pm

Hey guys. Newly found this page and trying to navigate it and soak in as much info and advice. Can’t tell you have great this is. So little bit about myself. 39 years old been suffering with Ed for 5/6 years now. Everyone knows how I feel. Tried everything but stem cell options with no real satisfaction. It’s really getting to me now it’s ruining my life and consuming my thoughts. Most guys am reading about are older and most with diabetes or something else. It’s so frustrating cause I have none of that and no injuries no blunt trauma and blood flow test shows nothing wrong. My sexual desire is still there and very strong but little buddy won’t cooperate. There is a litttle life still left but nothing close to be able to perform with any pills that not even working anymore. I’ve never had any surgery or broken bones before so I’m very nervous and scared to having the implant but also know it’s my only shot of getting my life back. Would love to here from someone close to my age and similar situation lol although it’s all the same I guess. But I appreciate any info and advice from all. I’m reading that it can take up to a year to feel somewhat nothing again with implant? Is it really true no one would have to know even your partner if you don’t want? I find that hard to believe. How long can I accept to be out of work? And recovery in general? I’m on my feet all day in restaurant. I finally came to the point realizing that I need to address this. I have an appointment with urologist on the 22nd. I’m just so nervous about getting it done. Thank you in advance
40 years old from NY. Suffering for 5/6 years All pills,injections, shock wave, prp shot, pumps failed or stop working. VL recently confirmed. Implanted 5/21/21 Dr Eid

NothingIsOver

Re: Having a hard time moving forward with implant

Postby NothingIsOver » Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:57 pm

Hi Enzo11,

Welcome to FT. This is probably the best resource in the world for a man in your situation. Take advantage of it!

We are the same age and I understand your feelings very well. I also have no other significant health issues so it's difficult to understand why I have such severe ED.

Unfortunately, no treatments have worked so far and I will be undergoing penile implant surgery in just a few days.

I'm not nervous at all. Don't know why I would be considering I have very little to lose and so much to gain.

I applaud you for deciding to take action. I was in your shoes just a few months ago. Good luck!
Born 1982
ED due to Peyronie's/VL
Implanted March 2021 by Dr. Tariq Hakky
Titan XL - 24 cm - Touch Pump - no RTEs - 125 cc reservoir
"Nothing is over until we decide it is!" - Bluto, Animal House

Ronn1708

Postby Ronn1708 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:19 pm

I’m older than you but no medical issues except slightly high blood pressure. I had never had any surgery and was nervous too but everything went well and recovery was good. The first time I was off for two weeks. On my last revision I was one week. I have an office job and not in my feet all the time.
I never regret my decision!! It works great and fir as long as I want too.
Good luck on your decision. Make sure you find a doctor that does lots of implants every year.
Make sure which procedure you want. Infrapubic or scrotal
Revision 2/13/24 Dr Tariq Hakky, Atlanta (Great Doctor) Titan 24XL no Rte’s. I’m 62 married. I have had numerous revisions due to product and body failures. Always had a Titan ipp.

Skier123

Postby Skier123 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:08 pm

Enzo,

Welcome to the site. All (most) of us are here to help in any way we can. We don't want to push you into one treatment or another - but we do want to give you first hand information to help you make good decisions.

I think most of us who are bionic were extremely afraid/concerned/hesitant before we got the implant done. I know I was. It is a big deal.

But like most of the other bionic brothers on this site - now that I have it done I only wish I had gotten it done sooner. The implant is not a cure for ED - it is a treatment. A very effective treatment. It doesn't feel exactly like your 18 yr old dick did - but it works and feels great. There is a little bit of hassle inflating and deflating - but only a little. Overall it is an amazing solution to a very difficult medical problem. Most of us who have one are very grateful to have our function (and our lives) restored.

Don't get me wrong - it is a big decision that entails some risk. So take your time and pick your surgeon carefully. In the right hands, the procedure is almost always successful.

Take your time and figure it out. If your natural function is not sufficient for sex, and injections can't or don't work - then the implant is an excellent solution. I am very happy I had mine done - my life is 100% better than it was before I went bionic.

Wishing you the best,
54 yr old single guy
Severe ED for over10 years; diagnosed with peyrones and venous leak
Implanted 12/23/19, Dr. Laurence Levine
Coloplast Titan w/ Genesis pump

Enzo11

Postby Enzo11 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:36 pm

NothingIsOver wrote:Hi Enzo11,

Welcome to FT. This is probably the best resource in the world for a man in your situation. Take advantage of it!

We are the same age and I understand your feelings very well. I also have no other significant health issues so it's difficult to understand why I have such severe ED.

Unfortunately, no treatments have worked so far and I will be undergoing penile implant surgery in just a few days.

I'm not nervous at all. Don't know why I would be considering I have very little to lose and so much to gain.

I applaud you for deciding to take action. I was in your shoes just a few months ago. Good luck!

Thank you so much as you know it’s an emotional nightmare and a big decision. Look forward to hearing from you about life after implant. Good luck with the surgery!
40 years old from NY. Suffering for 5/6 years All pills,injections, shock wave, prp shot, pumps failed or stop working. VL recently confirmed. Implanted 5/21/21 Dr Eid

Enzo11

Postby Enzo11 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:41 pm

Thanks everyone for your kind words and encouragement. It means the world to me and helps tremendously. I know it’s what needs to be done it’s just actually going ahead and doing it even if I have to pay out of pocket. I can’t live like this anymore it’s taking a toll on me like every one here can relate. Thanks again

barrylandon

Postby barrylandon » Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:25 am

Age doesn't matter when it comes to self esteem and the feelings of ED failure after failure. Let me tell you, brother, I tried EVERYTHING there is to try on the market in the U.S., including stem cell injections. NOTHING worked. It was either live with my ED or get an implant. Sure I had concerns, but the thought of living the rest of my life with ED was not an option. Now, I'm 10+ months post-op and never think about my dick or if it will work when needed. When I cycle, I think about how effortlessly I'm able to get and maintain an erection. When I walk into the bedroom for another mind-blowing sexual experience, my only thoughts are about how I want to use my bionic cock.
Implanted 5/6/20 by Dr. Jesse Mills at UCLA; AMS 700 LGX 18 cm w/2 cm RTEs. I'm 76 & fit but had ED for 20 years. Pills/injections ultimately failed, including 3 ER trips for Priapism; Shockwave & embryonic stem cell therapies didn't help either.

Enzo11

Postby Enzo11 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:38 am

barrylandon wrote:Age doesn't matter when it comes to self esteem and the feelings of ED failure after failure. Let me tell you, brother, I tried EVERYTHING there is to try on the market in the U.S., including stem cell injections. NOTHING worked. It was either live with my ED or get an implant. Sure I had concerns, but the thought of living the rest of my life with ED was not an option. Now, I'm 10+ months post-op and never think about my dick or if it will work when needed. When I cycle, I think about how effortlessly I'm able to get and maintain an erection. When I walk into the bedroom for another mind-blowing sexual experience, my only thoughts are about how I want to use my bionic cock.

I so look forward to that day. Thanks barrylandon

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:10 am

I never had an operation before I had a complete re construction of my stomach and esofegus for a pre cancer of my throat. I was down for 90 days. After that any operation is a walk in the park. Don't worry about it. They are just cutting a small hole in your dick. You will be fine and ready for action in 4 weeks. Expense?? I would rather drive an old Honda with a hard dick than a new Lexus with ED. Go for it.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

Enzo11

Postby Enzo11 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:19 am

oldbeek wrote:I never had an operation before I had a complete re construction of my stomach and esofegus for a pre cancer of my throat. I was down for 90 days. After that any operation is a walk in the park. Don't worry about it. They are just cutting a small hole in your dick. You will be fine and ready for action in 4 weeks. Expense?? I would rather drive an old Honda with a hard dick than a new Lexus with ED. Go for it.

I know I hear you. I’m sure my mind is already made up I mean what other choice is there lol. I need to stop procrastinating and just schedule already. I have tons of questions in one hand in the other who cares just do it and don’t look back. Deal with it when it’s time. It’s a no brainer

Return to “Implants”