Should I be excited or scared?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
newbie443

Re: Should I be excited or scared?

Postby newbie443 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:31 pm

Raycaba wrote:Still trying to get used to flacid state of this new penis. It’s not as normal feeling as before but yes it does get hard quite well! Flacid it feels crinklely and you can tell something is in there soft! Maybe with a few pumps it goes away but then your semi erect ? I guess I made this choice and no turning back. Has anyone had opinions on the flacid state of wearing a implant?

One thing to remember is you are early in this and things will change. The device will soften with use and you will adjust to it. Yes it is a new normal not the old normal. Kind of a trade off on thing with putting a few pumps in to smooth crinkles or "dog ears". It helps with those but when it softens and you want to deflate fully you may find your reservoir is tight and uncomfortable. May be any way if you had a long activation wait period. Just give it a bit more time say a month or 2. And for many it just keeps getting even better after that. Wear it the best you can. This varies. I wore mine off to the side because that is where it would go no matter how I tried to wear it differently.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:22 pm

traveler wrote:Following your posts have been really helpful. I'm 99% sure of going ahead with an implant. Struggling with the decision of what surgeon to use. I am in midwest. I've talked with a local surgeon that specializes in this procedure but comes no where close to the volume of the "high profile/high volume" doctors that dominate this procedure. How did you choose your surgeon? Concerned about having an issue after surgery and having to travel to FL or New York for follow up or repair. I have not come across anyone that has regretted getting an implant.

65 years old. Found at yearly physical exam - Prostate cancer JUL/2018. RP OCT/2018. PSA still high after surgery, 8 weeks of radiation APR-JUN 2019. 1-year on Lupron/ADT. Some success with VED but unreliable and such a hassle. Missing my old life. Wife of 45 years extremely supportive. Current PSA undetectable and testosterone back up to 442. Feeling great but really missing the intimacy with my wife.

Thanks again for taking time to share your journey with us.

My local doctors seem to be more concerned about saving insurance companies money than a good out come for men. But I did start local and expand my search. You should be doing VED exercise or therapy to help slow down size loss. There are a lot of good doctors out there not just the few well known ones. If you can find a really good one nearby that is best for aftercare. Top performers of surgeons were in the 32 plus implant surgeries a year but were followed closely buy the 8 to 31 a year group. Bottom feeders and worst were 0 to 2 implant surgeries a year like all my local uro's. So you do not need one that does a 100 or more a year to have a really good doctor. More important to ask how long before activation and ask to speak to a man they implanted to see about size loss and the procedure. And equally important is dose the doctor do revisions and repairs. If the doctor does not do them then ask where they will send you and that is who I would look to for this first. There is more you can ask and look for but that is a good start.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

66 years young.

Raycaba

Postby Raycaba » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:54 pm

I have been trying to get insurance that covers Dc Carrion here in Tampa and he is by far one of the best! His father invented the implant first of all and he is real with you and really cool about answering questions. He’s at USF urology

Raycaba

Postby Raycaba » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:59 pm

One month post op. Finally figured out how to use this thing after getting over the sharp pains and discomfort. I like the length but I feel the girth could be wider using this titan implant. I wonder with cycling if the with will get better? Any thoughts?

Raycaba

Postby Raycaba » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:53 pm

I’m noticing the girth is not like it was before? Is this normal for implants guys?

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:52 am

Size takes even longer. And depends on how much you lost with ED. So keep cycling and give it a year or more.

66 years young.

Raycaba

Postby Raycaba » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:26 pm

Thank you I will, it’s just my doctor told me girth was not going to be a isssue at all and it is one month after surgery.

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:40 am

You need to remember that many men are left inflated after surgery for 8 weeks post op. So they do not start cycling until then. With my repair a week and a half ago I was told no sex for 6 weeks. I fell good and am inflated about 40% or so and it is driving me crazy and I have another 4 1/2 weeks to go. How long have you been cleared by your doctor for cycling? It takes a bit for the cylinders to soften. And for you to heal. What is your cycling protocol now?

66 years young.

Raycaba

Postby Raycaba » Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:21 pm

As soon as I was healed I think about three weeks I figured out how to find the deflate bars so I started pumping and leaving up for ten mins then deflate. I do this better in a hot shower twice a day for now. I’ve seen length progress but the girth is def not there! It feels like half my penis is gone? I can have sex and it does not hurt. I have my one month follow up with Dc Carrion next Wednesday and I’ll know more. One thing I’m noticing now is that the implant feels a little of a heaviness to your groin area.

Raycaba

Postby Raycaba » Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:07 pm

One month follow up with doctor tomorrow and I’m full of questions! I’m not sure this implant has small girth and length about 51/2” lost some light but also girth. Curious if they time cycling if the girth will get there. Any hope?

Return to “Implants”