Pain after cycling?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
fade3W

Pain after cycling?

Postby fade3W » Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:33 pm

Hi all,
I got an implant on March 2, and per the doctors orders I started cycling one week later, March 9. So I’ve been doing it, and I can pump it up fine, let it stretch for a few minutes, then deflate, no real problems.
My scrotum is still swollen so finding the deflate button is hard to find but I can do it.

The issue is about a half hour after I deflate.
I have a sharp pain halfway between my scrotum and where my reservoir is. Right around my waistline. Like a stabbing pain. I can barely shift in bed or on the couch. Getting up to stand is very difficult, usually have to yell from the pain.

After a few hours (sometimes 2 hours, sometimes 12) the pain goes away. But it comes back after I cycle.

Percocet dulls it a bit but I’ll eventually run out of that so I’m nervous.

Did this happen to anyone? Does it go away? The doc seems to think it’s my nerves getting used to the tubing and reservoir. It sucks, I just want it to go away but obviously I have to cycle.

What should I do?
Mid-30s
Titan 20 cm + 1 RTE to fix Peyronies, March 2021

wewokarents

Re: Pain after cycling?

Postby wewokarents » Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:37 pm

From the location of the pain, I presume that you had the "infrapubic" approach?
Implant 1/28/2021. Dr Stephen A Johnson. Done at Baylor, Scott and White in Sherman, Texas. TRT since 2005, serious ED from 2004. Used nearly all PDE5 drugs. Injections failed. Started cycling at 1 week. Cycle most days. AMS 700 CX 23cm, 100ml reservoir.

EutawEutaw

Postby EutawEutaw » Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:46 pm

Hello Fade3W

I had my Coloplast Titan installed January 22nd. When I began to cycle, I experienced the same excruciating pain you are describing. The first time I cycled the pain came 10 minutes after deflating. Unfortunately for me this was at 10pm. I got 1 hour of sleep that night. The sharp pain felt like pins and needles stabbing me. The next cycle, I figured I would do it in the afternoon (working from home). I was done for the rest of the day. I could only think of the pain.

I emailed my doctor for guidance. He suggested hot baths. Which helped for the moment. I have not cycled for 10 days, knowing that I will experience pain. I have a appointment with my surgeon Thursday, with the understanding we need to find a solution.

I will advise you of the outcome Thursday.
Take care of yourself
54 yo Diagnosed with Prostate Cancer 2018. Robotic Prostatectomy 2018. AUS 2020 Dr. Andrew Kramer. Coloplast implant January, 2021 Dr. Aaron Weinberg

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:51 pm

You might want to ask your doctor about baths before you do that. My doctor said not to for a long time post op because of infection risk. But I was penoscrotal. If you do just protect your incision. I used a heating pad for heat to loosen up my pump. This might be an option or something else for a source of heat. Best of luck to you with this.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

fade3W

Postby fade3W » Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:03 pm

EutawEutaw wrote:Hello Fade3W

I had my Coloplast Titan installed January 22nd. When I began to cycle, I experienced the same excruciating pain you are describing. The first time I cycled the pain came 10 minutes after deflating. Unfortunately for me this was at 10pm. I got 1 hour of sleep that night. The sharp pain felt like pins and needles stabbing me. The next cycle, I figured I would do it in the afternoon (working from home). I was done for the rest of the day. I could only think of the pain.

I emailed my doctor for guidance. He suggested hot baths. Which helped for the moment. I have not cycled for 10 days, knowing that I will experience pain. I have a appointment with my surgeon Thursday, with the understanding we need to find a solution.

I will advise you of the outcome Thursday.
Take care of yourself

Thank you! I’m sorry you have to deal with this also but I hope there’s a solution!

For the others asking, I had a penoscrotal incision.
I think the pain has something to do with the tubing, the reservoir, or the act of “making room” for the reservoir
Mid-30s
Titan 20 cm + 1 RTE to fix Peyronies, March 2021

Return to “Implants”