Bionic Brotherhood

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
GLE Man

Bionic Brotherhood

Postby GLE Man » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:32 pm

Hi guys,

I just had my implant on Tuesday. So I'm very much interested in all post op advice I can get. I had a follow-up with my doc yesterday and he removed the drainage, said all went well but that I was still pretty swollen. Couple of things of note 1) I'm not in nearly as much pain as I thought I would be. Don't get me wrong as there is "discomfort" but I've had more painful dental work. 2) PeaceofPain issues and concerns were very helpful to me. Especially the constipation part, I realized I haven't gone in a few days now and was worried until I read SteveSW's reply about pain pills and the anesthesia causing constipation; it makes sense now. 3) I guess I also need to stop over thinking things in that I guess you tend to think too much and expect things to return to normal the next day. As far as that goes, once again SteveSW said it best, "you just had a foreign object stuck in your body and it takes some time for it to adjust and accept". My swelling has gone down some but patience truly is a virtue, (I am still icing). I find myself moving slowly, not bending over, and walking as though I'm bowleg or just got off a horse. Also, it was really tough the first night getting out of bed (still is but now as not as the night of the implant)

You guys are great. I will accept all advice and helpful hints you are willing to offer. Just hit me up. We are all part of a unique fraternity.

GLE Man
59 years old; Maryland; ED due to diabetes; pills became less effective until eventually stopped working all together; Implanted March 9, 2021; AMS 700 CX 21 cm x 12mm;100 mL

Ardsee

Re: Bionic Brotherhood

Postby Ardsee » Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:12 am

Hang in there(no pun intended), ice and rest are your friends. Take it easy and adjust to what should be a great new you.

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:25 am

It takes time to heal, that was a major surgery. If you can stand ice bags on your sack they say that is the best to reduce swelling. After my implant I was on the couch for a long time, walked like there was a stick up my behind. Biggest issue I had was a bad reaction to the antibiotic that is impregnated on the cylinders. That feeling was like my shaft was sunburned. After doc cleared me to soak in a hot bath that was my morning routine for 4-5 months.
There are many posts here with info on post implant care, helps, etc.
Good Luck and wish you a speedy recovery.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

AST2123

Postby AST2123 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:35 am

For constipation, I bought the saline Enema and the suppositories one week ahead of my surgery from Amazon. The saline is stronger, it can be used the first day of bowel movement after the surgery, then the suppositories.
Attachments
6140gH12lGL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
6140gH12lGL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (78.46 KiB) Viewed 966 times
71AESULKouL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
71AESULKouL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (95.84 KiB) Viewed 966 times
Finally Bionic
52y old. RP Oct. 2017. Pills didn't work. Trimix failed after a couple of times. Have inguinal hernia repair on both sides. Implanted AMS CX, 21 cm+1 cm RTE, by Dr. Kai Li at KP, VA, Jan. 2021. New username FinallyBionic

thedriver

Postby thedriver » Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:46 am

Shower everyday,, let the soapy water run over it without any scrubbing on it,, lay on your back as much as possible with your dick pointed upward,, lots of icing,, keep it clean and bandaged,, it's the pain pills that are causing the B/M problems,,, some metamucil and stool softners work great,, keep your scrotum support on as much as possible.
And above all else,,, let it heal,, I mean leave it alone with no activity at all. do not hurry things,,, your pain blocker that they gave you when you went into surgery will wear off within 3 days.
After 4 Titan IPP failures within 4 years I finally wised up and went to the Malleable Genesis 23cm- 13mm implanted 2-1-24 and no regrets so far.
For those that are asking, I'm going to change the wifeys avatar weekly.

GoodWood

Postby GoodWood » Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:07 am

Narcotic pain medication slows GI motility. If you are still taking any pain medication with narcotics in it, expect to have some degree of constipation.

Drinking lots of fluid will help as well.

Congrats on your new implant.
55yo, NYC. ED started at 40. 50 units BiMix + Atropine (Pap 30/Phen 6/Atr 0.2). Prostaglandins caused aching. Doses increasing. A cock ring helps. Phallosan Forte tension devise to maintain size. Eager to talk about implant experiences.

GLE Man

Postby GLE Man » Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:37 pm

All great advice guys. Keep it coming. Thank you all

GLE man
59 years old; Maryland; ED due to diabetes; pills became less effective until eventually stopped working all together; Implanted March 9, 2021; AMS 700 CX 21 cm x 12mm;100 mL

Txagq8

Postby Txagq8 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:46 am

Well, since I’m not gonna need to have a surgery until I wear this one out (which isn’t outside the realm of possibility) I can give all sorts of advice.

The two cardinal rules:

1. Listen to your doctor.
2. Listen to your body.

As you can tell from the variety of advice, no two guys handle this exactly the same. I was bruised as hell, never really hurt except for pissing after catheter came out. I iced but not nearly enough. But I enjoyed a speedy recovery.

You (or your insurance) is paying doctor $$$ for his knowledge and expertise. It would be foolish not to heed his advice.

Your body is sending you signals constantly about its condition. Pain means something, as does soreness, bruising , constipation, diarrhea, etc. don’t ignore what it’s telling you.

A mild laxative to keep ‘em moving without becoming laxative dependent: 15 cc milk of magnesia, 15 cc prune juice, fill rest of cup w/ hot water and drink like a cup of tea. It’s nowhere near as nasty as it sounds and it can be taken with each meal if need be.

Some guys wear jocks, compression shorts, you name it. I went commando from day one. No complications. I drove myself 200 miles day after surgery. Your mileage may vary. I wasn’t being a knucklehead or trying to make a statement. Honestly, I felt good enough to do those things.

Pain meds may depress appetite, but force yourself to eat 3 square meals. Number one, it’ll help the constipation. Number two, your body needs a nourishing diet to repair itself quickly.

Your condition when they do the surgery masters a lot. If you run 5 miles, 3-4 days to er week and hit the gym daily you’re gonna recover quicker than if your idea of exercise is watching roller derby.
Robust, adolescent 65 year old. Venous leakage forever. Used shots, shots+pills 30+ years. Married to same wife ~35 yrs. Implanted 31Dec2019 in Austin Tx. AMS 700 LGX 18 cm with 5 cm RTE.

Return to “Implants”