Pain?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
rjdoan

Re: Pain?

Postby rjdoan » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:11 am

I know the idea of pain can be scary, but I am four weeks from my implant surgery and I have to say the pain was far less than I expected. In my case, since I had an orchiectomy, a cyst removed, and the penile implant the doctor told me that I should expect two weeks of pain. BUT, it was in reality only a few days.

Absolutely follow your doctor's advice for pain management, but I will tell you that ICE, ICE, ICE is the key. I followed a strict regimen of 20 minutes on and 20 minutes off. I used three bags of frozen peas and rotated them in the freezer. Frozen peas are smaller than ice cubes and are reusable--although I did throw them out after using them for ice packs. My doctor gave me codeine for pain in addition to the Tylenol--but I only used one of the codeine pills--and that was the first night home from surgery just to manage pain overnight. I did the maximum dose of Tylenol for four days and that seemed to work.

The other thing is do not over do it the first couple of days--be quiet and still. Walk around the house as you need to, but do not push it. Let things settle and heal. I was lucky because my wife took care of everything. My first trip out of the house was not until a full week after my surgery. And then it was just to the gas station to see how things were. That written, I went back to work 10 days after surgery with only minor pain--mostly due to the semi-erection and trying to get it comfortable in pants.
Bob Doan
65 yo, Prostate Cancer - radiation therapy 2018, ED 20 years used pills, MUSE, trimix. Weekly testosterone injections for TRT. AMS 700 CX implanted Feb 12, 2021, 18/1, by Dr Herati, Johns Hopkins

October26

Re: Pain?

Postby October26 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:19 am

Raycaba wrote:I am scheduled to have their procedure this Monday the 15th and I’m really stressed out! I feel that the thought of it being so painful is making me pass out. Can anybody share the true level of pain I’m going to experience and for how long?

I had a very smooth, successful implant procedure. No real pain, and only a little discomfort. After three weeks, no discomfort. I did what the doctor told me and took the pain medication the first week. After that, Tylenol. I had no bruising and only a little swelling that resolved after 4 days. Here is what I woke up to and what I saw when I unwrapped 48 hours after the procedure.

56129325-A682-4C6E-8306-DE1E54D9BEE1.jpeg
87488E43-2F30-4D2E-8E38-53093218DC52.jpeg

Really, the doctors and nurses will take wonderful care of you! You are doing the right thing!
Coloplast Titan 22 cm + 1.5 cm RTE 10/26/2020

Return to “Implants”