Does anyone regret getting their implant? Nervous. Surgery tomorrow

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
NYSee123

Does anyone regret getting their implant? Nervous. Surgery tomorrow

Postby NYSee123 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:59 pm

I am nervous as fuck. scheduled to get mine tomorrow in NYC. But what if I hate it? What if it's terrible?

Im sure these are natural nerves, but shit..what am I doing? I'm only 33. I feel like crying thinking about how this has become my situation. I can get hard, just can't stay hard.

Has anyone ever gotten an implant removed and went back to nothing? What did it feel like? How do I shake these nerves?
32; Suffering from ED since 21. Been on all pills and injections. Considering implant in 2020.

mikestap

Re: Does anyone regret getting their implant? Nervous. Surgery tomorrow

Postby mikestap » Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:07 pm

NY,
You should know that there is no going back. This is a decision with permanent outcomes.
We all are nervous about it. But in hindsight, I'm happy with the decision and so is my wife.
Most everyone here will tell you the same thing.

Best wishes.
Mike
64 Years. RALP 2013. Received 22cm Titan Dec 20, 2017 by Dr Hakky. See results at download/file.php?id=5320 and download/file.php?id=4754
Revision 3-25-21 24 cm XL No RTE

LBC2020

Postby LBC2020 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:26 pm

NYSee123 wrote:I am nervous as fuck. scheduled to get mine tomorrow in NYC. But what if I hate it? What if it's terrible?

Im sure these are natural nerves, but shit..what am I doing? I'm only 33. I feel like crying thinking about how this has become my situation. I can get hard, just can't stay hard.

Has anyone ever gotten an implant removed and went back to nothing? What did it feel like? How do I shake these nerves?

I’m
Similar age

Seeing dr Eid

Just
Do
It man!

Let us
Know and live your life

Keep us
Posted tomorrow
Finasteride 2005-11
Terrible
Side effects

Been having ED since 2011 with penile shrinkage...was totally impotent for a few months and penis changed
Low libido
Low T
Had kids along the way and recovered some
Function

Implanted w dr Eid June 10 2021

Tmansdorfer

Postby Tmansdorfer » Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:35 pm

I have had 5 implant surgeries and I will tell you that I try to stay hopeful that he next surgery will work and be the last for a while. When the implant worked it was the best sex I have ever had because I did not have to worry about loosing my erection. Everything will go good just try to stay positive
39 01/24/19 USC Dr Doumanian LGX 15cm 3, lGX 18 +2, revision 6-20 18+3 pump failure, revision 8-20 left cylinder in scrotum, 1-21 removed infection switched to dr Doyle, Boyd 10.05.21 a 15+3 cx,revision 01,23,24 with switch to LGX 15+6 fat pad removal.

Cajun Jeff

Postby Cajun Jeff » Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:52 pm

You will do fine. I think most of us have had that last min thought. What the fuck was I thinking scheduling this? Best decision I ever made,

Good luck trooper!
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

SteveSW

Postby SteveSW » Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:56 pm

NY,
I'm just 17 days out, and I haven't even used my new penis yet, and I know already that the implant is the best thing I've ever done!
Absolutely sure you will be happy as well.
Steve
20 years of severe Peyronie's plaque, 90 curve, hinging and ED. Cost me 1.5" L and 1" G.
Implanted 2/18/21, AMS CX, 18 CM + 3 RTE, penoscrotal. Have gained 3/4". Gay, married, age 68.

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:06 pm

Well for me I was excited before. I had nothing. And everything to gain. So remind yourself that the way things are, they do not work. Implants do.

Best of luck to you.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

Raycaba

Postby Raycaba » Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:18 pm

Mine is in a week and I’m scared as hell! Worried about the pain. Let me know how it goes and good luck!

TANGERINE

Postby TANGERINE » Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:47 am

Here is the answer I have written to others over the years (I am repeat pasting the answer):TANGERINE in 2019 states:

Being young (less than fifty) and having ED that does not respond to meds is a terrible place to be. It guarantees a general depressed state, and it destroys your ego and zest for life.

I agree with XOMANOW that "now is the time" to go for it. All of us older guys (I am 58) deeply wish that we had the implant ten years earlier (yup, all of us) since the younger years of sex are the better ones. If you are single, you must get a functioning penis (really, you must get it fixed), and thank goodness, you have the opportunity to get the penis fixed by the best in the world.

Do not have any fear about the need for replacements every ten years or so, we see that happen commonly, and the guys here on franktalk report that they generally sail right through the second surgery (easier the second time).

Always remember, "Good things happen when you go for it", and also remember my personal mantra when I was scared before surgery:

"Do not be a weenie, stand up tall like a gladiator and fight that beast named erectile dysfuction with zeal and courage". I said that over and over during the weeks leading to surgery, and even said it as I walked to the surgery center on the morning of surgery.

Tangerine

PS: Geez, If I had my implant at age 33, I can only imagine the great experiences and stories that I would have during those years between 33 and fifty -- the prime of your sex life. The opportunity to have a bionic dick that will stay up for hours --- wow, awesome

I write about this more in my thread "road to becoming bionic"--see chapter 2
"Strive to find the best surgeon--experience really matters"
(63 yo, Titan 22cm implant Feb 2017 by Dr Eid) I'm super pleased with my length/girth/implant performance. See my story at "The road to becoming a bionic male: Answers ..."

LookingUp

Postby LookingUp » Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:59 am

Truth #1: Your health will fail you.
Truth #2: You will run out of time.

I lay on the gurney waiting. A long time at the edge of a life changing, no turning back decision. Alone. I focused on my truth. "My dick is broken. Fix my dick". Over and over in my head. It allowed me to focus on what must be done.

Have faith in your research, in your medical team. Only You know how important this for you. No one else will or can know how much your daily loss impacts you. Much larger issues than a hard penis and a tablespoon of goo.

Do this for you. A gift to yourself.

We're here for you.

LUp
ED 26 years. 1995->Pills->Shots->Implant penoscrotal Implanted Feb2021, AMS CX, 18 CM + 3 RTE, penoscrotal, 100cc reservoir. Looking forward to revision with a better Doctor.

Return to “Implants”