Need advice. Would you get an implant in my situation?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Tortão

Need advice. Would you get an implant in my situation?

Postby Tortão » Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:38 am

Hi, guys.
I have an implant surgery (plus incisions) scheduled, but I'm afraid an implant is not the right thing for me.
My problem: Peyronie (with no ED). My most severe curvature was 80º, but with manual traction and VED it went to 30º now. I lost a ton of girth. Before peyronie it was 13.5 cm (hard). It still is at the base, but it starts to narrow and it's 11 cm below the glans. There is a ton of plaque around my penis, and each month more seems to come.

Today I woke up again with a great morning wood. I'm doing VED more frequently now, and it's really increasing the number of boners I have. Basically, the vascular system of my penis is really good, so this makes me question if destroying it is the right thing to do.

PROS:
- No more deformities. Peyronie keeps advancing each month, but new plaques won't be a problem with an implant.
- Straight penis.
- It will be possible to thrust again.
- Possibly I will gain all my girth back.
- Sex the way it was pre-Peyronie

CONS:
- I'm young and will need future revisions.
- Single guy, so I need to distract future partners. I don't want to tell them unless I get a girlfriend I trust.
- It's a no way back. This is a bit scary.
- The blood flow of my penis is really good. My cavernosa will be almost destroyed.
- All the risks involving the procedure + the pain in the ass of surgery recovery.

I need to view some opinions. If possible, please try to imagine yourself in this situation and tell me what you would do.
Thank you!
1993 born. Brazil.
Peyronies since Sep 2019.
Penis developed curvature, lots of plaque, loss of size and axial rigidity. Severe peyronie.
Mar/21 Titan Touch 20 cm + 1.5 RTE.

newbie443

Re: Need advice. Would you get an implant in my situation?

Postby newbie443 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:57 am

I would talk to my doctor. Really difficult to say with just a post on a board like this but a doctor that has your medical history and experience in implants is the one that would be best able to advise you.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

ontheroad

Postby ontheroad » Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:04 am

I was in the same position as you, I even had a consultation with dr Marco Tulio but after consultations with others doctors in Serbia, Germany, usa, I got to the conclusion that since I have good erections, I have to try grafting first and if this doesn’t work, I would go for an implant.

I had a call with dr Levine last Saturday and he didn’t even talk about an implant, he suggested PEG and maybe some plication. He also mentioned that we may end up with a residual curvature of about 20 degree after the healing process but there is no completely straight penis on the world. Chances to have peyronie again are very very rare in his opinion. So I would try and then if this does not work, you go for the implant, but if PEG works, you have a natural penis and I think it makes a lot of difference. Maybe he was just under promising with this 20 degrees after healing, we should get some insights from the guys that had PEG with Levine.

Just my 2 cents

Braveguy

Postby Braveguy » Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:51 am

I feel it man, I too have a curve. I too have lost a bit of girth, but my loss is about 0.2 inches or def less than 1 cms. My main concern is the pain my partner and I get , coz of curve. I am 21 now. But I think maybe in a year or so , I will go get an implant in. I've no ED, but I have a plaque. I can feel it at the base of my penis on the left side.

After reading tons of medical journals and diaries in here, I think penile implant is the only option that can make your penis straight, without losing anything. I suggest you to consult with dr eid.
Also plication is good, but it doesn't help with girth.

Now you have to keep this in mind that the technology is about to go way more crazier. And the chance of infections will keep going down. Also , the implants after 10 or 20 years maybe, will sure last way longer than they do now. Be hopeful and maybe someday , a doctor will grow your cavernosa back and you will get your original penis. ;)
21 , born September 1999. BPEL : 16.5 cm X 12.7 cm or 6.5 inches X 5 inches.
NBPEL : 6 inches X 5 inches. I've a curve to the left. My girlfriend feel pain when having sex. I too have discomfort. Looking for a permanent ,least invasive solution.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:00 pm

Advantages to waiting: (and each has a downside)

Each year, current implant devices improve longevity of service life. Downside: This is a VERY slow process.

New devices are being developed (e.g. "memory metal" device that requires no reservoir or pump, but erects with application of heat or magnetic flux from a hand-held external device) that are less invasive and promise an even longer service life. Downside: These devices may be years ahead, though.

Your Peyronie's Disease is, by your account, still treatable, extending the functionality of your penis.

New treatments for P.D. may come while you are still functional.

Giving up on the above solutions to get a pretty-much guaranteed (but less than 100% perfect) treatment (implant from the current technology) is a viable choice. It relieves you of the (sometimes anxiety-laden) decision process. (Are you saying to yourself, "I just want to be DONE with it!"?) That is, are you willing to settle for an implant (a less-than-perfect solution) just to be rid of the problems of your current situation?)

An analogy: You have a beat-up car that still runs, but you have to worry about whether the windshield wipers work or if the starter motor will turn it over and it only gets up to 50Km/hr (31 mph). But you have a chance to get a car today that starts reliably, has good accessories and gets up to 100 Km/hr....but it will be the last car you can ever own for the next 15 years. But, in a showroom, just within your budget if you scrimp and save for the next 5 years, a brand-new sports car (or pickup truck or whatever your dream car is).
A) put up with your beater for the forseeable future in hopes that your dream car will be available? You can still have sex, but it is tricky, with PD
B) close the door of the "perfect" car, but get an improvement over your current one (get the implant, have good sex without anxiety, but with the drawbacks of current-technology implants-revisions, having to pump up, etc)

No matter what solution you pick, with an implant, you will probably have to come up with some explanation for any preparation you need to do (pump up, wave a magnetic device, etc) and perhaps explain why your penis does not have a refractory period.

In conclusion: You still function sexually. You have to explain to your partner about your curvature (which is probably less troublesome in your mind than explaining an implant, I guess). The conventional wisdom is not to destroy a bodily function (that still works) to replace it with an artificial function (that works better).

Consult with your urologist and get an estimation of how much longer you will be able to have sex with your penis as-is or with surgeries that are less destructive than an implant. I think you need that piece of information to help inform your decistion.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

sweaterfan

Postby sweaterfan » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:53 pm

Also factor in the cost over the next several decades. Perhaps your private insurance or public health system will cover the majority of the cost, but if not be ready to spend a lot of money not only on the initial implant but on future revisions, and there will some guaranteed. These devices do not last forever, and since you are so young you will likely have more revisions than someone who is twice your age.
Born 1956, TRT, Peyronies (no improvement after 1 cycle of Xiaflex so discontinued), using alprostadil but have possible VL. Considering an implant. Aquablation for BPH Nov 2 2020, TURP 6/14/2021.

Tortão

Postby Tortão » Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:21 pm

ontheroad wrote:I was in the same position as you, I even had a consultation with dr Marco Tulio but after consultations with others doctors in Serbia, Germany, usa, I got to the conclusion that since I have good erections, I have to try grafting first and if this doesn’t work, I would go for an implant.

I had a call with dr Levine last Saturday and he didn’t even talk about an implant, he suggested PEG and maybe some plication.

What did Marco Tulio recommend to you? He's my doc.
A grafting procedure can straighten a penis like mine, but it doesn't solve the narrowing problem, unfortunately.
I think, in my case, narrowing is a problem as big as curvature.
I can go for grafting and use VED to try to increase girth, but in the hope my Peyronies progress stop and VED works for my girth.

Braveguy wrote:Now you have to keep this in mind that the technology is about to go way more crazier. And the chance of infections will keep going down. Also , the implants after 10 or 20 years maybe, will sure last way longer than they do now. Be hopeful and maybe someday , a doctor will grow your cavernosa back and you will get your original penis. ;)

Have you tried VED and traction? It can straighten a bit of the penis. I posted my curvature went to 80º and returned to 30º by VED and traction, but thinking better, part o this straightening was caused by new plaques in another side.
But this therapy is still good for some cases.

Yeah, we hope implants get a lot better. I think they will! Imagine an implant that you need to pump just once and it starts to get erected slowly, imitating a natural erection better. It's very possible in the near future. What about a Bluetooth-activated implant? :D

Lost Sheep wrote:

Hi, Lost Sheep. I'm new here but I've read some of your replies. Thanks for helping men here.
Well, you got me thinking... I think explaining my Peyronie (and doing sex with my actual penis) is more troublesome than explaining the implant (but I can be wrong). My reason is that not just my penis is strange to a girl's eye, but I need to go slow and avoid some positions. For example, girl on top is a no-no. If she slips and bounces in my curved penis that has not much axial rigidity... it may break.

I'm planning to consult another urologist and listen to his opinion.
1993 born. Brazil.
Peyronies since Sep 2019.
Penis developed curvature, lots of plaque, loss of size and axial rigidity. Severe peyronie.
Mar/21 Titan Touch 20 cm + 1.5 RTE.

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:50 pm

I'm going to go astray a little here:
I'd guess Levine meant there's no straight penis with Peyronies.
I know mine has always been straight.

About girl on top, when I was in Korea in 1958 I went to the village with some guys for one of their birthday parties arranged by his "woman". they brought a woman for me and I hate to say it, but she wasn't at all pretty. I felt sorry for her and gave her $3 for sex. We got to her hooch and got started. She asked to get on top and I found out why. There was a fire under the floor and only a rice mat between our butts and the floor. It was very hot and I don't think I took long to finish. She actually had a sense of humor and wiped a bit of blood off her snatch. She said "see, I'm a cherry girl". Funny what brings back memories.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:22 pm

tomas1 wrote:I'm going to go astray a little here:
I'd guess Levine meant there's no straight penis with Peyronies.
I know mine has always been straight.

About girl on top, when I was in Korea in 1958 I went to the village with some guys for one of their birthday parties arranged by his "woman". they brought a woman for me and I hate to say it, but she wasn't at all pretty. I felt sorry for her and gave her $3 for sex. We got to her hooch and got started. She asked to get on top and I found out why. There was a fire under the floor and only a rice mat between our butts and the floor. It was very hot and I don't think I took long to finish. She actually had a sense of humor and wiped a bit of blood off her snatch. She said "see, I'm a cherry girl". Funny what brings back memories.

Sounds like she knew how things worked. Put you on the bottom so you'd finish fast. Time is money plus a long session with an American gi could knock her out of business for a day or two.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:01 pm

I think she was hard up lol.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

Return to “Implants”